A New Year

Road Dust

Mrs Ricky Ricardo
Credits
I tend to make the same ol' resolutions year after year. I plan to get healthier (plan didn't work so well this past year), finish started projects (failed that too), Learn something new, find ways to be happier with what I have, and get more organized with my crafts and life in general. All in all, I just want to be a better, happier person than I was the day before.

Do you plan to do anything differently in 2014?

there is a new/cute tv commercial where that guy is sitting at a table with little kids, and one kid says something about new years "revolutions"....

well...i revolt against making resolutions. for me, i nary keep any of them, and openly admit to that.

for instance, i "resolved" LONG before last new year's, that i would NOT be working at my current employer this year...

well...good thing that was NOT my resolution for the 2013 year, only a promise to myself to get outta there.

maybe that IS what a resolution is, a "promise" to get something(s) done.

but that promise i made to myself, last year, was done well before the end of the year, and i was even sober at the time.

i think many of us mean well, but in the end, i also believe that a huge percentage of us do not follow 100% of any resolutions.

sorta like marriage, where both "promise" to the list of things in the ceremony, only to see "promise" in a good divorce lawyer....

Nope.

Gonna keep on trying the same stuff I been up to for over a half a century. It seems to be working OK, as I keep waking up every day, with the same positive outlook.

Guess I must be doing something right.

I made a resolution many many years ago that I would not make any future resolutions.......So far I've been successful! ......

I resolve to be LAST....

Like many others that makes a resolution.... you won't be successful......Because you will always be ahead of me....which makes me always last...

So who will be up at 11:59 this evening to try and be the LAST to be LAST?

KiwiRay can't because he is on the other side of the International Date Line and it is already NEXT YEAR there. I am not aware of any forum members who reside in the Aloha State, so it comes down to those of us who are in the Pacific Time Zone to compete for LAST honors today.

Resolutions are a big waste of time,better to set short term goals & accomplish them.
So my first short term goal is to get going on a better path to a healthier weight.

I don't want to call it a diet,because that term don't work,better to develop a more healthier eating style.

KiwiRay can't because he is on the other side of the International Date Line and it is already NEXT YEAR there. I am not aware of any forum members who reside in the Aloha State, so it comes down to those of us who are in the Pacific Time Zone to compete for LAST honors today.

At 9:30 i loaded the dishwasher, at 10:00 i took a Tylenol PM to sleep and by 10:30 i was gone. Did somebody say New years? same old same old around here :clappy:

we actually had to work new year's eve, just like we had to work x-mass eve...damn warehouse manager.

he wants his stuff on the dock floors when the service centers open up 'the day after'....

just like last year, i am as sure as all hell, that the customers (tradesmen) will have been taking this entire week off..

last year.....we were told, that NO service center had ANY business...!!

geez, i really wonder how busy the service centers will be Thursday..???

which is why i am seeking another job, THAT i made a promise to myself last year, long before the new year, that' i'd be outta here...to NOT spend another eve of ANY holiday on the roads.

but nothing has come up for me...yet.....

but at precisely 11:59:57, i was backing into my home terminal dock, and as i hit the dock....it was new year....

so maybe, i made the first docking of the new year..????