TForce | A Photo From Reno, NV

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
Thought a few might be interested in seeing a photo from Reno, NV taken last month.

Team_06-14-06.jpg

Jimmy B

Thanks for the picture.

The only thing missing is a repainted UPS Freight branded tractor.
With that one more piece of equipment than you could see the real unity our company has.

I was woundering about the Teamster unit?
Was that a computer graphic inhanced item added to the original picture?

Its really neat what can be done with computers in these modern times.
Theres no end to the cleaver commercials the ad world are making to intice us to purchase their products.

Apostolic said:
The only thing missing is a repainted UPS Freight branded tractor.
With that one more piece of equipment than you could see the real unity our company has.

I was woundering about the Teamster unit?
Was that a computer graphic inhanced item added to the original picture?

Yeah, you're right, would have also enjoyed having the UPSF tractor be in the new livery for the photo.

No, its not enhanced, there were 2 Teamster rigs there at the gate. I spent about 4 hours there too along with a number of other brothers and sisters. Had a great time visiting with everyone.

Here is another photo:

Team_06-14-06_01.jpg

Jimmy B

Nice camara and your a good picture taker.

I just don't get whey the Teamsters can't cut a company union contract for you union brothers, seeing your already Teamsters?

Why do they need to try to vote in a non-union UPS Freight terminal somewhere else in the system,to draft a test contract,so the rest of the company would want to sign on when your already organized?

Whats wrong with this picture?

(Pune intended)

So do any of you Teamster union Reno works have any answers?

I,and all of my UPS Freight co-workers don't get it,up here in Snow country?

(PS) keep heading your nose pole free MC pups out to the north east.I love your trailers.

My hobby is railfanning, although here in the last 6 months or so, I've turned into a truck fan. Think I was always a bit truck crazy.

I've started buying books on the trucking industry and I'm reading Transport Topics regularly.

Would enjoy seeing other peoples photos posted here from time to time.

Anyway, I'm just a loyal rank and file teamster that thinks from this seed in the desert west a very large and strong tree will grow.

Jimmy B

bigdaddy said:
Whats your point?

Thought some would enjoy the photos. Also, maybe someone else here is envoled in the hobby.

And the line at the end of my last posting states my opinion.

Jimmy B

thanks for the pic, jimmy, i'm in the northeast,and i've never seen the motorcargo livery. by the way, take what you read in transport topics with a grain of salt. i find the ATA to be very anti-driver.they think there's a driver shortage, not a good job shortage in the otr segment of trucking..

jeff_spicoli said:
thanks for the pic, jimmy, i'm in the northeast,and i've never seen the motorcargo livery. by the way, take what you read in transport topics with a grain of salt. i find the ATA to be very anti-driver.they think there's a driver shortage, not a good job shortage in the otr segment of trucking..

Thanks. Yes, I find it amusing that there are so many articles on churn and the driver shortage and yet wages remain low, makes me wonder about the whole situation in the TL segment of the industry as far as employment issuse are concerned.

My interest is mostly with the LTL industry and am toying with doing a web site on the Northern Nevada LTL business, with history being the main focus.

Jimmy B

BTW I'm a regular vistor to Hank's Truck Photo Site.

Nice photo there Jimmy.....Like JS said, on the east coast we haven't seen until recently the Motor Cargo equipment. Oh...my wife wants to know "where are the trees" in your photo!!:duh: DS.:wavey:

Docksteward said:
Oh...my wife wants to know "where are the trees" in your photo!!:duh: DS.:wavey:

A long, long time ago, the year after dirt was first created, Paul Bunyan came through here on his way to California. Seeing the need for lumber for the mines of Virginia City, NV - helped those fellows out by cutting them trees down and skidding the logs up to them with the help of Babe, his big blue Ox.

Thanks for the laugh!

Jimmy B

JimmyB said:
Thought some would enjoy the photos. Also, maybe someone else here is envoled in the hobby.

And the line at the end of my last posting states my opinion.

Jimmy B

Help this guy out here...... FM, Frog, Jeff, Big R, Smokey, KK..... what's the name of that guy's site that has all the old pix..... Dan something.... post a link if you can remember.

Thanks Mike. The fella that asked oughta say thanks as well, 'cause thats as good as it gets anywhere.

Nobody