A Pretty Nice Milestone

Credits
I just heard that we are having our biggest orientation class ever next week. This week, we had like 11 guys in orientation. Next week, there will be 21 in class. Nice job on the recruiting end. Hats off.:Banane01: :thumbsup:

You can say hats off to recruting :duh: BBUUUUTT you forgot one thing. Out of the 21 NFG they hired how many will stay after they find out the real deal. How many will pass the phys. or even the drug screen :hysterical: Or once they get hired and they find out all of the BS that goes on most won't last 6 months. Its a valant effort on the recruting part, but lets see who makes the cut. :smilie_132:

well there is truly a lot of BS on this job.After nearly 15 yrs I get word this morning that the bean counters feel it's in the best interest of Jevic that all the guys who do Philly and start at 630am now can do the same job starting at 0830am,now there is thanks for years of service,a .35 p/h raise and now more pay cuts by way of pushing back start times ...what a place!!!

I was at J9 thurs.Dave was there.VERY pleased
with the class sizes.Its a trend.The general feel
was having to do with the company as a whole,
as well as recruiting

well there is truly a lot of BS on this job.After nearly 15 yrs I get word this morning that the bean counters feel it's in the best interest of Jevic that all the guys who do Philly and start at 630am now can do the same job starting at 0830am,now there is thanks for years of service,a .35 p/h raise and now more pay cuts by way of pushing back start times ...what a place!!!

Look at it this way.With a later start,you can grab more of the late day pu's.Also,stay up to
watch Letterman!! NOW,are'nt you thrilled with
a new perspective??

Look at it this way.With a later start,you can grab more of the late day pu's.Also,stay up to
watch Letterman!! NOW,are'nt you thrilled with
a new perspective??

Please tell me that you are jokeing.We know what time we need to start, they are the ones who asked us, what time to start. so we can be at our 1st stop at 8am when most places open. you got to figure in time for any tractor or trailer repairs, traffic, other trucks at stops, and most of all inportant OUR FAMLIES. The way i see it as we start later in the day we will still have the need to go faster which we all know the result will probably be more accidents.Do you really think a customer is going to say, well My Jevic had his start time changed so now i need to change the time of my employe"s HELL NO. :duh: He will just find another carrier who will be there on time to fit his needs. There have been times we all have started early and its a good thing what if you are out and get blown out early you still have good time to go back and get another trailer but with the new system you can't do that because byb the time you get back and go get a trailer thats if there is one and head back out into rush hour traffic so who ever dumb a** who thought of this :1036316054: thanks alot you schmuck not to mention the pay cuts and we will be getting done later which means you will see your family even less my hat is off to THAT JAGOFF:smilie_132:

Why go faster if you start later, go slower.
Bring back freight, miss pickups.
They'll get the idea.

If you adapt to thier changes they will keep making them.

Fight back.

Why go faster if you start later, go slower.
Bring back freight, miss pickups.
They'll get the idea.

If you adapt to thier changes they will keep making them.

Fight back.

:1036316054: you are right tje only problem with that is alot of people don't have the balls or smarts or backbone to do it :duh:

lotta guys have never been on a conference call that begins with "It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that effective today we are ceasing operations."

That don't feel so good.

conference call

With this new system that call may not be far off. We can't keep missing pickups and appointments and expect to be a major player in this industry. I know for a fact that one run didn't get empty on Monday until 1900 and made no pickups,and that others are coming in with less that half a load of frt where they normally couldn't fit it all.
But what about the issue of driver moral,which there is none at J1,if our operations manager would stop trying to be such a hard a-- he might see that this plan is not working very well and that the drivers are not going to do anything to help the cause.Like another driver said we are just going to slow it way down...Good Luck on not getting that call!!:holysheep:

Airbr8ks-
Sorry I took so long.Road driver.Just got home
My intention was to add leavity,not to anger you or make the situation worse.My apologies for getting you twisted.

I'm thinking of taking a team job. Can anybody tell me how are the miles,money,wait time etc. Thanks for the help

The ONLY complaint I've ever heard from the teams is that they are worked TOO hard. The money is there for teams, no doubt about it. But you do have to earn it. Jevic doesn't give it away:1036316054: .