R&L | A quick survey

Wasn't trying to start an arguement,a few of you people really do have some issues. The post was just a survey,to see where others drivers heads are. I want a new truck for 2 reasons,myself and the company. I spend more time in my truck than I do my bed or even my house sometimes. A new,faster truck that pulls good will save me time and get me home quicker,plus I wouldn't be battling out on the road. You know what I'm talking about-you pass them going down the hill and they pass you on the pull. I keep my truck in good shape,but not all of you are like me. I hate it when my truck is in the shop and I have to take another truck. Most of the time I find things that need fixed,but no one puts forth the effort to get it done. The second part of my reasoning is the future of this company. Do you really think that this company has any kind of REAL future trying to move freight and get it there on time with equipment that may break down at any time-and does. If you were a shipper would you use the company with the broken down junk or the one with the newer,more reliable trucks? And to those that say that your trucks aren't that old,they took our new trucks when they expanded out west. Whatever your opinion,don't begrudge another driver his opinion. Everyone is in a different position and has different degrees of experience. One last thing-the people here that want the new trucks are the ones that have been here awhile. I wonder if that is so because we tend to have good runs or if we have trucking running in our veins.

Unfortunately,Even if you got a new truck it would not be faster and stronger.R+L doesn't buy those trucks.They buy no balls slow trucks.

Funny,Ive been on this board since 2008.You make 2 posts and your telling me where to go?I loved this company and worked real hard for them and despite the screwing we have received lately I still work hard every day for them,thats my nature.I will say you need to tread lightly friend.

i'm just saying in another thread you call me a idiot then a few posts later you close the thread because of personal attacks!!!

i'm just saying in another thread you call me a idiot then a few posts later you close the thread because of personal attacks!!!

The thread in question I never referred to you once.What the heck are you talking about?I did edit your post because you tried to bypass the language filter.Guess what,not my rules,its the rules of the board.Maybe you should take a better look at that thread again.Ill be around waiting for your apology.

Wasn't trying to start an arguement,a few of you people really do have some issues. The post was just a survey,to see where others drivers heads are. I want a new truck for 2 reasons,myself and the company. I spend more time in my truck than I do my bed or even my house sometimes. A new,faster truck that pulls good will save me time and get me home quicker,plus I wouldn't be battling out on the road. You know what I'm talking about-you pass them going down the hill and they pass you on the pull. I keep my truck in good shape,but not all of you are like me. I hate it when my truck is in the shop and I have to take another truck. Most of the time I find things that need fixed,but no one puts forth the effort to get it done. The second part of my reasoning is the future of this company. Do you really think that this company has any kind of REAL future trying to move freight and get it there on time with equipment that may break down at any time-and does. If you were a shipper would you use the company with the broken down junk or the one with the newer,more reliable trucks? And to those that say that your trucks aren't that old,they took our new trucks when they expanded out west. Whatever your opinion,don't begrudge another driver his opinion. Everyone is in a different position and has different degrees of experience. One last thing-the people here that want the new trucks are the ones that have been here awhile. I wonder if that is so because we tend to have good runs or if we have trucking running in our veins.
This is my last word on this subject but I have heard that J.B. Hunt has some nice trucks and they are looking for drivers!

Shadow, your correct about the low hp trucks in the past. I heard some of the used trucks have big bore engines that pull good. Someone must be listening ?

Fubar
Jb hunt really I know a lot of people there I can put in a good word for you I think they are up to around like $14.00 An hr for city work just let me know.

If you had the choice of either getting a raise or a new truck,which would you rather have? My personal opinion is that I would rather have a new truck. A raise would only be about 25 dollars a week,less after taxes. I would rather have a new truck that runs and PULLS good. I would rather have the time and comfort that a new truck gives me.

not me ilike some time with everyone so we can chant

new truck, reason: The company put on some lease drivers in July. I got sick and was out of work. The lease driver blow the engine in my assigned truck, took out a trans. in another, and as they were let go he gets to blow another engine?????? Now her I am driving a extra truck from phily. while mine is being fixed. This gets better My engine was blown up in Aug. and here it is going on November MY TRUCK STILL NOT FIXED. If we would had done this kind of equipment abuse what would have happened to use. This lease driver put three good trucks out of service. Come on Philly get it in gear and fix my truck I 'm not the one that broke it. I know I got off the subject but I still want the truck. Thanks for listening.

Actually, I posted earlier in this thread that I would prefer a raise, but after I pondered it for a couple of weeks, I have changed my mind. The truck I drive, I have drriven for 11 years. It is literally falling apart.

Conway has new Frieghtliners-Fed-Ex has new Kenworths,Internationals, and Volvos's-UPS Freight has new Internationals, and Volvo's. Even Milan, Vitran, and Saia has newer equipment than we do.

R&L answer is to not put a new engine and transmission in our OLD trucks, but to put a rebuilt engine and transmission in, and maybe a new seat. It is not inspiring.

The trailers are even worse, we have not had any new trailers in at least 10 years, and struggling with old roll up doors everyday gets old. The trailers that R&L are buying are used. Not inspiring.

What a morale boost it would be to me and the men I work with if some new trucks and trailers would come in every now and then.

It is clear to me now, that R&L expanded to quick out west, and apparently incurred debt that they are having a hard time servicing. That is my opinion anyway. It is not inspiring to me, that R&L has not not bought any new equipment in years, kind of reminds me of the old company Fredrickson. This company never invested in their equipment or facilities, and then it got to a point were it became unsustainable to operate with their delapidated equipment, that was always breaking down.

Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles, nothing great lasts forever, Kay Surah Surah...

The temp driver really did do a number on our tractors. Look on the bright side Digger... Yours should be the first one back anyway. What do we have, 2 in PHI, 1 in YOU, and 1 waiting to goto PHI for an engine? Maybe since we have a real mechanic as the lead now we will see some better trucks.

The temp driver really did do a number on our tractors. Look on the bright side Digger... Yours should be the first one back anyway. What do we have, 2 in PHI, 1 in YOU, and 1 waiting to goto PHI for an engine? Maybe since we have a real mechanic as the lead now we will see some better trucks.

Some better trucks would only be beneficial with a REAL driver Jim G.!