FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

S

snoopy1

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.
another company red shirt on truckingboards.David will defeat Goliath

Red shirt or not, one thing is sure.
HE DOESN'T GET IT.
Which would make him management or profoundly clueless.
Oh wait, I just said the same thing twice.

You guys really have to learn how to argue. This whole "disagree with me makes you a red shirt" argument is pretty lame. Are you going to go into negotiations with that strategy? If you do, you'll lose.

Why not take the points of his argument and debate them? Long hours, more money etc, those are some of the reasons you want the union's help. Calling someone a redshirt will not sway there opinion. Pointing out the error in their thinking, in a constructive way, might.

Guardrail

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. .

Most guys think this? Why don't you show me someone that has mentioned this? :duh:

//EDIT
I guess I do see one new thread started with this mentioned. I guess this constitutes for "Most".

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys really have to learn how to argue. This whole "disagree with me makes you a red shirt" argument is pretty lame. Are you going to go into negotiations with that strategy? If you do, you'll lose.

Why not take the points of his argument and debate them? Long hours, more money etc, those are some of the reasons you want the union's help. Calling someone a redshirt will not sway there opinion. Pointing out the error in their thinking, in a constructive way, might.

Guardrail
We know your not in favor of this because of your almighty 401k . You think that your a moderater that you can speak with arrogance and a strong arm. Those talking points have been stated here over and over.

Again, the status quo will continue. Do you enjoy being degraded by the same company who's flag you are waving?

Degrading from management won't stop just because you guys are go union trust me on that, but what it will do is protect you when management wants to fire you over a 1 time instance. As far as pay, hours, retirement and the like are all things that will have to be negotiated. Coming on here and stating your a no vote or a yes vote and your not changing your mind no matter what only stirs up the bee hive. And before someone calls me a redshirt, lol, I'm already in the union so save it. Also I like my union but it is not for everyone and it is not the almighty saviour some of you think it is.

We know your not in favor of this because of your almighty 401k . You think that your a moderater that you can speak with arrogance and a strong arm. Those talking points have been stated here over and over.

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm against this. I don't work at FedEx anymore, so my opinions don't count. How you read arrogance in anything I put in that post is beyond me. I rolled my 401K into my IRA when I left. I also took the pension money and put it in my IRA. The IRA is just part of my planning for retirement.

I'm stating fact. If you go into a negotiations with the attitude many have on here, you will lose. Many here need to grow some whiskers and stop thinking that the union will save you. The members are the union. There is no magical wand the union will wave to make it all better. If you vote in the union, the union will be you. You'd better start thinking about where you want to take this company, not where the union will take it.

Guardrail

Guardrail
All he had to do is educate himself on the numerous threads already started then respond....

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm against this. I don't work at FedEx anymore, so my opinions don't count. How you read arrogance in anything I put in that post is beyond me. I rolled my 401K into my IRA when I left. I also took the pension money and put it in my IRA. The IRA is just part of my planning for retirement.

I'm stating fact. If you go into a negotiations with the attitude many have on here, you will lose. Many here need to grow some whiskers and stop thinking that the union will save you. The members are the union. There is no magical wand the union will wave to make it all better. If you vote in the union, the union will be you. You'd better start thinking about where you want to take this company, not where the union will take it.

Guardrail
I know you worked at fxnl . Not sure if you left at the merge. So don't know if you ever worked in the fxfe environment . You have no idea what were after . Maybe reread countless threads and posts on here. For someone who dosent have a leg in this race your posts are mainly anti this movement . Let us decide our own future. You need to back off some .

I know you worked at fxnl . Not sure if you left at the merge. So don't know if you ever worked in the fxfe environment . You have no idea what were after . Maybe reread countless threads and posts on here. For someone who dosent have a leg in this race your posts are mainly anti this movement . Let us decide our own future. You need to back off some .

:fan: .......

Red shirt or not, one thing is sure.
HE DOESN'T GET IT.
Which would make him management or profoundly clueless.
Oh wait, I just said the same thing twice.

What did he say that wasn't true? Sound like you the clueless one. Just another lazy driver who wants some "protection" because he doesn't want to work and wants to get paid for it.

What did he say that wasn't true? Sound like you the clueless one. Just another lazy driver who wants some "protection" because he doesn't want to work and wants to get paid for it.
. Where do you get this "lazy" excrement? That **** is beyond old, just as "you're a no vote so you must be an asskisser and go though lots of knee pads Come on assman.

Dear Snoopy1,
I see that although you have been a member of this community for four years, you are not a regular contributor.
Perhaps you might spend some time perusing the threads devoted to why some people feel representation is needed.
With a little effort you may discover that the issues go much farther than working long hours.
For most of us that is a non issue, we knew what we were getting into.
And I am very sorry if some mean old truck driver may have hurt your feelings.
Please excuse me now, RC just puked in his cage.

Dear Assman,
I just don't know where this lazy thing comes from.
I come to work and do my job. I don't make hotel reservations from home when the weather turns bad.
I take work as it is offered. I see that you too, have been here for several years with very little participation until recently.
Interesting that you have nothing to say until a credible organizing effort is under way.
Whether you are a route driver, road driver, or supervisory person I would suggest some sensitivity training to help you communicate with customers and coworkers in a more positive manner.
Sincerely,
Dick

Actually we will get more money, better benefits, and better retirement. Just read the upsf contract that was posted. I don't think anybody's complaining about hours. That's just the nature of our business. As a matter of fact I don't think I've read one post complaining of long hours.