FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

You may be FED UP; fast food workers wanting $15/hr are feeling entitled to more than they have earned.

How did you get from here to there? Feel free to quote me wherever I said such a thing.

You seem to be confusing what someone's job is worth and what class citizen somebody is.
Who are you to tell them what they're worth?
What is your occupation so that I might tell you what you're worth.
Forget it I cant wait for the response.
I'd say less than $20,000/ year FT with no bennies or paid time off.
Sound good?
Take it or leave it.

Why would you disourage drivers from joining their trade union?
Something tells me you wouldnt try to persuade lawyers from joing the bar association. Cant they even practice law without joining or passing the bat?
Would you tell a Dr not to join the AMS, Dentist from joining the ADA?
Do you belittle Fedex for joining the ATA?

Im sorry but i sometimes get angry when somebody outright degrades and takes advantage of peoplewho hold no degree or own no business and tells them its wrong to join their associations yet ok for the educated and businessmen to join theirs.
Oppression, sir, is what that is called. And its low.

Doctors in Syracuse have actually joined the Yeamsters. Bevause theyre smart

Doctors, lawyers, CPA's are required to join the organizations because they are accreditation bodies. They are there as part of the vetting process to protect consumers.

You are no more being oppressed by FedEx than the Teamsters are extorting FedEx.

Must be nice to be a part of that "accredation" thing to protect consumers.
We should have the same.
If they accredit in ways which keeps pay up, which they most certainlly do, our association/union should surely have tthe same right.
Must be nice.

Or do ya think maybe the "consimer" should have all say which weve been doing for years.
If the consumers had all say, perhaps those associations, should be broken.
Maybe some kind of deregulation is in order?
Good luck paying off them business/college loans then.

I really would rather allow them to keep their association.
But the test of the world should shut up, butt out, and also allow working people the dignity to have/ join ours.

Doctors, lawyers, CPA's are required to join the organizations because they are accreditation bodies. They are there as part of the vetting process to protect consumers.

You are no more being oppressed by FedEx than the Teamsters are extorting FedEx.

Keep on preaching brother you in the end will get more cards signed than anybody lmao good stuff

Must be nice to be a part of that "accredation" thing to protect consumers.
We should have the same.

You already have it. You have a CDL. You have the DOT.

slavenomore said:
If they accredit in ways which keeps pay up, which they most certainlly do, our association/union should surely have tthe same right.
Must be nice.

You are delusional. There are laws on the books that keep lawyers from collecting exorbitant fees. Insurance companies dictate how much their contracted physicians can charge for a given procedure.

Maybe some kind of deregulation is in order?
Good luck paying off them business/college loans then.

I am all for free-market capitalism. Let the market decide if I am charging too much or not paying enough. Telling me how much I can/can't charge for my services, dictating how much I must pay my employees and what benefits I must provide. Too much meddling.

You already have it. You have a CDL. You have the DOT.

You are delusional. There are laws on the books that keep lawyers from collecting exorbitant fees. Insurance companies dictate how much their contracted physicians can charge for a given procedure.

I am all for free-market capitalism. Let the market decide if I am charging too much or not paying enough. Telling me how much I can/can't charge for my services, dictating how much I must pay my employees and what benefits I must provide. Too much meddling.

Oh boy we have the DOT did'nt know that, i bet all union talk will officially end. lol

When you retire you are older and smarter.

Don't worry driver at this rate none of us will be able to retire unless we get a guaranteed retirement. Vote Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Union... Association... is there a difference? If your part of this movement and you don't know, you should abstain from voting. Anyone who thinks Burger King should pay $15 a hour for unskilled labor doesn't understand the economics of the food industry. Would you pay $10 for a whopper? No, but you'd pay that at Ruth Chris. You want to make more... buy a franchise!

And what accreditation do you receive for membership in the ATA ?

If you want respect like the doctors and Lawyers get you would have to change the labor laws meaning you would have to actually get the dot to acknowledge that we are no longer unskilled laborers. Nothing drives me more nuts then an official from the DOT calling me a professional when it comes to my responsibility but then saying I'm only an unskilled laborer when it comes to labor laws. Fix the labor laws and most of these problems like excessive hours goes away in a hurry. I'm sure OTR TL guys would love to get OT after 40 hours of duty

The same accreditation the IBT gives you.
I thought you said we have the DOT and CDL for that.
Thats what made us professionals you said.
Now you say that the IBT has something to do with setting acceptable standards for excellance. IMO it should but the ATA most probzblly does. For themselves and us and everyboxy else in the business.
They do have say in the DOT.
And nobody discourages them from joining.

Accredited | Define Accredited at Dictionary.com

If you want respect like the doctors and Lawyers get you would have to change the labor laws meaning you would have to actually get the dot to acknowledge that we are no longer unskilled laborers. Nothing drives me more nuts then an official from the DOT calling me a professional when it comes to my responsibility but then saying I'm only an unskilled laborer when it comes to labor laws. Fix the labor laws and most of these problems like excessive hours goes away in a hurry. I'm sure OTR TL guys would love to get OT after 40 hours of duty

To change those labor laws takes money and numbers. Unfortunatelly some would like to discourage people from becoming a part of them numbers and money.

I see very few professional drivers out here. If you can take any Joe Schmo off the dock, train him for 6 weeks and call him a truck driver, the label professional does not fit.

Guardrail

I see very few professional drivers out here. If you can take any Joe Schmo off the dock, train him for 6 weeks and call him a truck driver, the label professional does not fit.

Guardrail

Just another of many reasons, leadership within this company needs to be put in check. Watering down the quality of the workforce, leads to the more acceptable practice of eroding compensation....

Guardrail

You said a mouthful there Guardrail! The guys burning foglights, to busy doing other things than staying in their own lane, not moving over for emergency stops on the right of way, the bullying of cars by following to close, the attire they choose when out of the truck....I could go on but you all know where I'm going, the first step to being a professional is to at least act the part, looking the part wouldn't hurt.

Guardrail

How hard is it to become a moderator of a forum? Are you a professional I think not. I'm pretty sure them guys that "they took off the dock" went through the same training and testing as everyone else. To call them unprofessional is uncalled for it doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive a truck.

How hard is it to become a moderator of a forum? Are you a professional I think not. I'm pretty sure them guys that "they took off the dock" went through the same training and testing as everyone else. To call them unprofessional is uncalled for it doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive a truck.

I don't agree with you Truck Guy, we all did the same testing yes, training? My training was a bit unconventional, it was effective though, no school here, I was trained by the guys I work with, that said I call myself a professional, I show that every day in my actions, I feel I have an obligation to protect and look out for the motoring public for one, I drive a larger vehicle after all, the one thing that makes my stomach turn is when one of these concrete cowboys or young, full of testosterone new guys starts the bully crap because they are 4 times the size of the vehicle they are trying to move, dangerous and unprofessional.

We can call ourselves whatever we want but if we don't act the part its all for nothing.

BTW, I was a member of this forum for many years before being chosen to be a Mod, I'm as proud of that as I am of being a professional driver.