FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

Yea well a lot of my friends have come off the dock and gave up their family lives and work schedules to drive for FedEx to call them all "unprofessional" is not right everyone started somewhere at the bottom I'm pretty sure 99% of them are not trying to risk there life for their job. Plus if you agree w this company so much why would they put so many "unprofessional" drivers on the road.

I am pro union and I do work for FedEx Freight just because I am does not make the people that work here don't want this company to be the most profitable and the best service. We want what is our share in this company that makes all these profits and if you people can't see that and make these corporate people richer then you are blind.

Yea well a lot of my friends have come off the dock and gave up their family lives and work schedules to drive for FedEx to call them all "unprofessional" is not right everyone started somewhere at the bottom I'm pretty sure 99% of them are not trying to risk there life for their job. Plus if you agree w this company so much why would they put so many "unprofessional" drivers on the road.

I know your post was directed at Guardrail, who BTW is one of the most professional men I know, I was just chiming in. I have had some friends come off the dock and go to driving, some are still at it, and very good at it I must say, there were some that just never took to it, one accident after another, one I have in mind became a supervisor and is now a ops mgr, yup, telling others how to drive and be professional...LOL! I quit Fedex in 07, I work for Sysco now, but I still like to keep up with my friends here, I will say it again, to be a professional, you have to act the part, it will all show in your actions out on the road, you as well as I have seen the trash we have on the roadways.By trash I mean the men and women that don't give a flip about anyone but them and them alone, absolutely no regard for the motoring public.

Anyone can learn to drive a truck, not everyone is good at it, or even wants to be. Ever see a person in 7th gear speeding through the yard? That prince is probably one of the guys I'm talking about.

I am pro union and I do work for FedEx Freight just because I am does not make the people that work here don't want this company to be the most profitable and the best service. We want what is our share in this company that makes all these profits and if you people can't see that and make these corporate people richer then you are blind.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I am totally pulling for you men and women.

How hard is it to become a moderator of a forum? Are you a professional I think not. I'm pretty sure them guys that "they took off the dock" went through the same training and testing as everyone else. To call them unprofessional is uncalled for it doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive a truck.
Have you read the forum? Do you think lawyers and doctors call each other idiots and dummies on a message board when they differ in opinions? I doubt it.

Everything you do is a reflection on the entire industry. If you want respect, start here. When FedEx management reads the posts in this forum, what do you think they see?

Guardrail

Well I don't know about doctors but I do know scientists were saying that if your a scientist and you say global warming is false that your an idiot and should be locked up. Also I'm so tired of being told that everything I do is a reflection on the industry. What I do is a reflection of my character and I alone will answer for my actions. What this industry needs is personal responsibility. In fact I dare say that is what is lacking world wide right now. We are not professional drivers we don't get paid like a professional we don't act like professionals, therefore we are not professionals we are unskilled laborers that move freight from 1 point to another and get to whine and cry about it the whole time. There are ways to change it however but the trucking companies prefer cheap labor over good labor however the driver shortage we are going through will either help us in our fight or will put us further down the whole to slavery. I dare say some of the trucking companies operate like the coal mines did about 100 yrs ago

Doctors, lawyers, CPA's are required to join the organizations because they are accreditation bodies. They are there as part of the vetting process to protect consumers.

You are no more being oppressed by FedEx than the Teamsters are extorting FedEx.

So the Bar, AMA,ADA And what not do not have lobbyist in Washington looking out for their best intrests? Are you saying these groups do not "Look out" for the best intrests of those who (Forced to join or not) are part of their Association?
With all due respect Sir I smell a double standard here!

Lol doctors and Lawyers don't need lobbyist they are the politicians. They don't lobby they just get elected and change the rules manually. Very ingenious on their part for sure.

Doctors, lawyers, CPA's are required to join the organizations because they are accreditation bodies. They are there as part of the vetting process to protect consumers.

You are no more being oppressed by FedEx than the Teamsters are extorting FedEx.
They are forced to join and pay dues to these organizations? ??? Kind of goes against the whole right to work idea doesnt it?

A professional athlete geys paid.
An amateur doesn't

Maybe we should strive for the term "practicing".
Practicing Physician.
Practicing Lawyer.
Practicing......Truck Driver.
But we need that accreditation stuff ex396 was saying.
Im glad he agrees that the IBT should play a role in that accreditation process.
Therefore he wont be trying to discourage/oppress anybody anymore.
Right ex?

Practicing.
That's where the money and respect is.
And ex says ee need the IBY for the accreditation so its best for all to join.
Hope and prayers for the Conway Laredo guys theyre voting today.

HI'm pretty sure them guys that "they took off the dock" went through the same training and testing as everyone else. To call them unprofessional is uncalled for it doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive a truck.

Agree/Disagree. Agree, they "might" be professional, but not so fast. That takes time and a multitude of exp. to become a pro. This "hurry up" environment is likely the worst place to expect to become a professional.

A professional athlete geys paid.
An amateur doesn't

Maybe we should strive for the term "practicing".
Practicing Physician.
Practicing Lawyer.
Practicing......Truck Driver.
But we need that accreditation stuff ex396 was saying.
Im glad he agrees that the IBT should play a role in that accreditation process.
Therefore he wont be trying to discourage/oppress anybody anymore.
Right ex?

Practicing.
That's where the money and respect is.
And ex says ee need the IBY for the accreditation so its best for all to join.
Hope and prayers for the Conway Laredo guys theyre voting today.

No, under ICC and DOT standards you are not skilled labor, all you would have to do is move us to "Skilled Labor", that would just about do it.. "Practicing Truck Driver", sounds like a lot lizard with a degree...

Have you read the forum? Do you think lawyers and doctors call each other idiots and dummies on a message board when they differ in opinions? I doubt it.

Everything you do is a reflection on the entire industry. If you want respect, start here. When FedEx management reads the posts in this forum, what do you think they see?

Guardrail

I hear doctors and lawyers and politicians calling each other idiots and a lot worse things all the time

Turn on ch. 19 sometime???:clappy::hysterical:

Guardrail

Yea and FedEx management calling everyone in for a meeting calling "The Teamsters" and over a million Americans in that union a bunch of losers is really professional. It works both ways.

Truck guy, interested in knowing how you get from here:

does not make the people that work here don't want this company to be the most profitable and the best service.

to here in the same post:

TruckGuy said:
We want what is our share in this company that makes all these profits and if you people can't see that and make these corporate people richer then you are blind.