A Semi was destroyed under a bridge in Marysville,CA.,I don't get why?

Out west some Jurisdictions allow 14' or even 14' 6" tall trailers. Recall a story when I worked at Schneider about a 57' long 14' tall trailer that wound up in Indianapolis due to an intermodal SNAFU. According to the tale the trailer sat for a couple months while they tried to figure out how to safely get it back to its home range.

Just an observation. But looking at the picture, and seeing what looks like maybe recent repairs around the manholes. Is it possible street paving was done and no one bothered to measure the bridge clearance, and possibly reposting the signs? They said UP owns the bridge. Maybe the rocket science dept forgot to inform them??

Could be BIG R GUY,in all of my 45 year city driving career I hit one bridge.

A bridge I was used to going under a lot when I drove down that route to get to another town,became lower.
I'd come off of vacation & was just zipping along as usual,I almost was all the way under when wham.
The roof of my box had smacked the bridge about a foot in from the tail, opening up a slice of the roof.

Well come to find out the road was repaved when I was on vacation,but the signage wasn't changed.
So that towns DOT had to pay to repair the roof, after my bridge hit.
The DOT changed the signage to 8 tons eliminating any more heavy commercial vehicles from going that way there after.

So I had to go about 5 miles out of my way to get around the road with that bridge.
But not a big deal I was paid by the hour.