R&L | A Suggestion for R & L

I guess everyone at R&L only gets 50 pay checks!!:hysterical:

If you believe that, you must be one of them transplanted yankee types......

Here, I'll give you a test, see if you can figure out how much I make...

Daytime L/H run, 8am depart, pays about the price of a pizza under $300.
Times 5 days a week, could run it 52 weeks a year. But I get 3 weeks vacation, pays 50 hours @ $22 an hour.
Plus 3 personal days, they pay 10 hours each at $22 an hour.
Plus a safety bonus that varies on how long you've been accident-free, starts at $500 and the goes up from there.
Now you don't have to take the vacation/personal days, if you wish, you can just take the pay, figure that in also if ya wish.
But if you do that, well I would suppose that would be like getting 55 paychecks a year now wouldn't it?

Any questions? :smilie_132:

Well darn I was hoping that was true!! Maybe if someone in R&L upper management will read my post and think that’s a great idea!! If they can get you guys to buy dollies and pallet jacks tires can’t be that big of a stretch!!:1036316054:

How is it any of your concern if we buy our own pallett jacks and dollies? What perfect establishment is it that you work at? :biglaugh:

If you believe that, you must be one of them transplanted yankee types......

Here, I'll give you a test, see if you can figure out how much I make...

Daytime L/H run, 8am depart, pays about the price of a pizza under $300.
Times 5 days a week, could run it 52 weeks a year. But I get 3 weeks vacation, pays 50 hours @ $22 an hour.
Plus 3 personal days, they pay 10 hours each at $22 an hour.
Plus a safety bonus that varies on how long you've been accident-free, starts at $500 and the goes up from there.
Now you don't have to take the vacation/personal days, if you wish, you can just take the pay, figure that in also if ya wish.
But if you do that, well I would suppose that would be like getting 55 paychecks a year now wouldn't it?

Any questions? :smilie_132:

Is that a domino’s or a frozen tombstone pizza from Wal-Mart?? How many miles is your run??

I have to admit 55 paychecks is defiantly better than 50 and I didn’t have to use any fingers or toes to figure that out!!:tribehasspoken:

That's news to me too, but we don't need to be giving all the company snitches hanging around here any ideas.

Well like I said it was a rumor!! You know someone tells someone else and so on and so forth!! After it gets passed a couple times the rumor becomes fact!! I found it hard to believe but you never know what upper management is willing to do to get those bonuses!!

It is part of Co policy,but I have never used it or heard of it being used.
The most i have done is an equipment abuse form(driver "forgot" release trl brakes for @ 100 yards),and let Wil decide,,,he was never charged for the tires... just a paper in a file somehwere.

The most i have done is an equipment abuse form(driver "forgot" release trl brakes for @ 100 yards),and let Wil decide,,,he was never charged for the tires... just a paper in a file somehwere.

I cant imagine that being co. policy. Charge the driver for locking up the brakes to avoid an accident? How many millions did that set of tires just save the company when he didnt rearend the family of 5 in a mini van?:chairshot:

THANKYOU mechanix for putting that rumor to rest!! I heard that from a X trailer mechanic that worked at R&L in DLS! He works at the share and care now and he is one crazy dude! Its hard to tell if he is joking or telling the truth!

I cant imagine that being co. policy. Charge the driver for locking up the brakes to avoid an accident? How many millions did that set of tires just save the company when he didnt rearend the family of 5 in a mini van?:chairshot:

Give the man a prize, thats all driver has to say to get out of it,,,who can disprove it??? Thats the real reason I believe it isn't used.

I believe that policy was enacteded because of the MORONS i've seen dragging trailers and Dollies around the yard at a major reship,only because they were to lazy to hook up the air line or bleed down the dolly.

Drivers to lazy to bleed down dollies come on now you must be crazy.... That whole 5 seconds will really ruin their day don't ya know that.

thanks for the back up

I think it was a "southern boy" that knew there is 52 weeks in a year!! I guess everyone at R&L only gets 50 pay checks!!:hysterical:

i do appreciate the back up, a couple of days ago, just trying to convey an idea to the more mentally challenged workers in our feild that you dont have to :hide: about something ignorant with a company policy and to have an opinion about what isnt fair thats done to them, but i suppose it was in vain....

sort of like when someone tells them the bad news, they attack the messenger.....

but any way, thank you just the same...:smilie_132:

Drivers to lazy to bleed down dollies come on now you must be crazy.... That whole 5 seconds will really ruin their day don't ya know that.
Not crazy at all i saw it way to many times when i was running night linehaul as well as a SENIOR DRIVER dragging a trailer 100to 150 yards with the landing gear throwing sparks all over the yard

You used to be able to cover the damage bill before they started the new safety bonus a few years back. If I remember right... You could pay the bill if it was less then $1500 and keep your safety bonus.

If you have a real "tool" for a mechanic, :hysterical: you could get written up for flat spotted tires. I've seen it happen.