ABF | A very good read, ABF vs Teamsters : Declaration of Teamsters lawyer

R-14,I thank you for the up to date information. There is a lot of pages and paper to read. Will just leave it up to a judge to follow the paper trail.

Yeah, this is definitely one for the judge to sort through. Legal arguments on both sides seem to have merit. Although ABF claimed it was the IBT that tried to get ABF to acquire YRCW, the last letter from the IBT to ABF reads as if it was ABF making the overtures and the IBT was going to act like an intermediary. Whether the IBT proposed the buyout or was going to act like an intermediary does not matter to me, I still think either role is inappropriate and a conflict of interest.

tyson johnson states abf is not part of the master freight agreement. if this gets announced in court and proven then wes kemp and abf are under no obligation to pay union scale or have similar work rules. without a contract the company will save more than the lawsuits asks . just a thought

We the ABF Teamsters still have a contract no matter what. REMEMBER the ME TOO. Don't get ahead of this thing Brothers. It is going to get interesting. As you can all see things are starting to come out that was a big secret before the vote. For instance. The Texas Turncoat(Johnson) Came to us in a conference call and on the Teamsters web site crying about how bad ABF was hurting. BUT as you can all now see it was a LIE! Just read how they were going to help ABF buy YRC. Now I ask does that sound like a broke company? Just watch and see they will all try and screw us. But they better all beware. We will FIGHT BACK! Our backs are against the wall. Unlike the YRC MESS we will fight until the end if necessary. We have nothing to lose. They have everything to lose. Great paying jobs, Big homes, Political standings. All at the expense of hard working TRUCK DRIVERS. That's right they are all rich off our backs. Because without TRUCK DRIVERS there will be no trucking companies. After all the every industry is named after we the TRUCK DRIVERS!I will tell all of you who will win in the END. THE TRUCK DRIVERS! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

We the ABF Teamsters still have a contract no matter what. REMEMBER the ME TOO. Don't get ahead of this thing Brothers. It is going to get interesting. As you can all see things are starting to come out that was a big secret before the vote. For instance. The Texas Turncoat(Johnson) Came to us in a conference call and on the Teamsters web site crying about how bad ABF was hurting. BUT as you can all now see it was a LIE! Just read how they were going to help ABF buy YRC. Now I ask does that sound like a broke company? Just watch and see they will all try and screw us. But they better all beware. We will FIGHT BACK! Our backs are against the wall. Unlike the YRC MESS we will fight until the end if necessary. We have nothing to lose. They have everything to lose. Great paying jobs, Big homes, Political standings. All at the expense of hard working TRUCK DRIVERS. That's right they are all rich off our backs. Because without TRUCK DRIVERS there will be no trucking companies. After all the every industry is named after we the TRUCK DRIVERS!I will tell all of you who will win in the END. THE TRUCK DRIVERS! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Good post. Nothing but lies & back room deals from our leadership.

Why dont we (union brothers) attack low paying and no benefit outfits like FedEx Ground for example as hard as we seem to be attacking YRC ? If the Teamsters Union had kept on the ball and unionized all these trucking companys like Conway, R + L, Estes and FedEx we wouldnt even be in this situation. YRC is still paying more than 99% of these nons. Lets sue them for :shit:ting on there workers!!!! I know some 'contractors' that work in my delivery area that are moving packages that I used to working for $600.00 dollars a week working 60 hours with no health insurance !!! Now thats a crock!!!

Why dont we (union brothers) attack low paying and no benefit outfits like FedEx Ground for example as hard as we seem to be attacking YRC ? If the Teamsters Union had kept on the ball and unionized all these trucking companys like Conway, R + L, Estes and FedEx we wouldnt even be in this situation. YRC is still paying more than 99% of these nons. Lets sue them for :shit:ting on there workers!!!! I know some 'contractors' that work in my delivery area that are moving packages that I used to working for $600.00 dollars a week working 60 hours with no health insurance !!! Now thats a crock!!!
Most of the posts are attacking the unions failure to help us out they dont seem to care about the trucking end of it anymore. When was the last time freight was mentioned in the teamster magazine??????

Another ignorant post about FedEx Ground. No wonder the unions and Teamsters are failing, we're full of idiots!!!

FedEx Ground ruined a profession. The UPS guys I know all live in nice houses with a nice retirement and health insurance but the poor suckers who are driving the trucks for FedEx Ground are all driving junks or bumming rides off people, cant pay their child support payments, walking around with toothaches because they dont have any kind of coverage and have no idea what they will do at retirement age because they dont even knowwhat a pension or 401 k is !!!!!! Its sad that a company would treat its workers like this. Id rather work at Mcdonalds.

FedEx Ground ruined a profession. The UPS guys I know all live in nice houses with a nice retirement and health insurance but the poor suckers who are driving the trucks for FedEx Ground are all driving junks or bumming rides off people, cant pay their child support payments, walking around with toothaches because they dont have any kind of coverage and have no idea what they will do at retirement age because they dont even knowwhat a pension or 401 k is !!!!!! Its sad that a company would treat its workers like this. Id rather work at Mcdonalds.

You probably know one Fed Ex guy that is like that. Maybe, if your not lying. But you obviously don't know the FedEx Ground business model. This what drives me crazy about by so called union bothers, we seem to think if your making $20 a hour with OT after 8 or .58 a mile, its a bad deal.

Well, let me tell you. I know the FedEx Ground system. I know a guy that owns 3 line trucks in Florida. He makes nearly $400,000 a year. He doesn't drive at all. He employs 4 drivers. Two full time drivers, and two part timer for the 3rd truck. He hasn't had to hire a driver in 5 years or so. His drivers love their jobs. They may not make union wages, but they have a better quality job. Home every night, assigned trucks, nice day cab trucks with all the extras in it. They take pride in their equipment. My friend doesn't provide health bennies or retirement. But he does pay the full timers a bonus $400 a month instead. His drivers would chase off any union organiser. The realize the union would ruin the deal they have.

Hell I know union guys that can't afford to make less than $80,000. Divorced from working so much in the first place. So now they lost have their retirement from a pension that is going broke, yes may drive nice cars, but up the eyeballs in debt. At ABF where I work, the truck are junk with in the first year, cause nobody has any pride and wanna takes care of the equipment. Absolutely no extras in these trucks. Hell, we don't even have ENGINE BRAKES!!! I run line haul. And sometimes I go to bed on a run, sometimes I run turns, and sometimes I'm gone 2 or 3 days. I never know my schedule from day to day.

ABF offers no incentives to work harder, because of the stupid union. Unions promote mediocrity. All FedEx Ground does is use a franchise type business model. Funny you mention McDonald's. Cause FedEx use a franchise model similar to Mcdonalds.

You generalized one FedEx Ground operation, and automatically assumed all FedEx Ground operations are like that. FedEx doesn't own any trucks. They simply use contractors. Its up to to the contractors on how to take care of their equipment, and how well to pay their drivers. Some are good, some are bad. But I don't know one union job with ABF or YRC that offers the potential to make $400,000. do you?

You probably know one Fed Ex guy that is like that. Maybe, if your not lying. But you obviously don't know the FedEx Ground business model. This what drives me crazy about by so called union bothers, we seem to think if your making $20 a hour with OT after 8 or .58 a mile, its a bad deal.

Well, let me tell you. I know the FedEx Ground system. I know a guy that owns 3 line trucks in Florida. He makes nearly $400,000 a year. He doesn't drive at all. He employs 4 drivers. Two full time drivers, and two part timer for the 3rd truck. He hasn't had to hire a driver in 5 years or so. His drivers love their jobs. They may not make union wages, but they have a better quality job. Home every night, assigned trucks, nice day cab trucks with all the extras in it. They take pride in their equipment. My friend doesn't provide health bennies or retirement. But he does pay the full timers a bonus $400 a month instead. His drivers would chase off any union organiser. The realize the union would ruin the deal they have.

Hell I know union guys that can't afford to make less than $80,000. Divorced from working so much in the first place. So now they lost have their retirement from a pension that is going broke, yes may drive nice cars, but up the eyeballs in debt. At ABF where I work, the truck are junk with in the first year, cause nobody has any pride and wanna takes care of the equipment. Absolutely no extras in these trucks. Hell, we don't even have ENGINE BRAKES!!! I run line haul. And sometimes I go to bed on a run, sometimes I run turns, and sometimes I'm gone 2 or 3 days. I never know my schedule from day to day.

ABF offers no incentives to work harder, because of the stupid union. Unions promote mediocrity. All FedEx Ground does is use a franchise type business model. Funny you mention McDonald's. Cause FedEx use a franchise model similar to Mcdonalds.

You generalized one FedEx Ground operation, and automatically assumed all FedEx Ground operations are like that. FedEx doesn't own any trucks. They simply use contractors. Its up to to the contractors on how to take care of their equipment, and how well to pay their drivers. Some are good, some are bad. But I don't know one union job with ABF or YRC that offers the potential to make $400,000. do you?

So, you know a guy at fed ex ,if you're not lying, that makes $400,00 a year. Is that gross, does he have to maintain the equipment, fuel tax , tires etc. ? Is it $400,000 clear ? His employees get no bennies or retirement, but $400 a month bonus , is that clear or before taxes? If you have to go to the dentist or doctor, that money will not go too far. People can get eyeballs in debt no matter where they work or how much they make . I also work for A.B.F. and at our terminal (city) we have two older Macks with no engine brakes, all of our Sterlings have engine brakes. None of the Sterlings are older than six years ( at Roadway ,i had an assigned retired L/H tractor that was 18 years old). You run linehaul and no set run, thats part of the L/h system. A.B.F. 's incentive for you to work hard is the wage and benefit package that you recieve, there are scum in every freight outfit that do not deserve the job they have , it is not only the union outfits. A.B.F. and YRC do not contract out so , no, you cannot make $400,000 a year, if you want that you have to contract with fed-ex ground ,buy equip. and hire peoople. My brother-in law applied for fed-ex ground running two turns a night from Wilkes-Barre Pa. to Harrisburg Pa. He was told he could make $500 a week . Not much of a living with no bennies for driving a comm. vehicle for a living. The grass is not always greener and people sometimes pile on the B.S. when telling a story. You seem very discontent with your current employer, i hope someday you find a comfort zone with them, 'cause if you don't it will continue to eat it you up. I will not tell you to find another job, that has been beaten to death on the boards, but you should move on if things do not change for you. ( ok i guess i told you to find another job... my bad !! )

So, you know a guy at fed ex ,if you're not lying, that makes $400,00 a year. Is that gross, does he have to maintain the equipment, fuel tax , tires etc. ? Is it $400,000 clear ? His employees get no bennies or retirement, but $400 a month bonus , is that clear or before taxes? If you have to go to the dentist or doctor, that money will not go too far. People can get eyeballs in debt no matter where they work or how much they make . I also work for A.B.F. and at our terminal (city) we have two older Macks with no engine brakes, all of our Sterlings have engine brakes. None of the Sterlings are older than six years ( at Roadway ,i had an assigned retired L/H tractor that was 18 years old). You run linehaul and no set run, thats part of the L/h system. A.B.F. 's incentive for you to work hard is the wage and benefit package that you recieve, there are scum in every freight outfit that do not deserve the job they have , it is not only the union outfits. A.B.F. and YRC do not contract out so , no, you cannot make $400,000 a year, if you want that you have to contract with fed-ex ground ,buy equip. and hire peoople. My brother-in law applied for fed-ex ground running two turns a night from Wilkes-Barre Pa. to Harrisburg Pa. He was told he could make $500 a week . Not much of a living with no bennies for driving a comm. vehicle for a living. The grass is not always greener and people sometimes pile on the B.S. when telling a story. You seem very discontent with your current employer, i hope someday you find a comfort zone with them, 'cause if you don't it will continue to eat it you up. I will not tell you to find another job, that has been beaten to death on the boards, but you should move on if things do not change for you. ( ok i guess i told you to find another job... my bad !! )

o I'm not lying, I have posted his P&l Reports before on here, he pays all his taxes and such. And yes that $400,000 gross. And our Sterling that have the engine brakes only came with them because the Mercedes put them stock on all engines. ABF wouldn't pay extra for them. and I'm not discontent with ABF. I just realize the reality of it. And those drivers at FedEx don't need the bennies. Ever thnk of that? The two part timers are retired drivers. The others have wives that get good bennies and such, and they fund their own retirement. They don't want a broke ass pension. And no getting a good wage from ABF is nice, but there's no incentive to work hard, are you kidding me. If I want a better line haul run, I have to wait for some guy to retire, quit, get fired or die. So there's no incentive to work hard. And ya, we get new trucks every year. But they turn to ::shit:: in a year.

And your friend, he applied with one contractor. The FedEx business model is not about the employees of the contractors. Its about the contractor and how he runs his business. Tell you friend to buy a truck at FedEx. Is the FedEx model for everybody? No. Is ABF a bad company? No. Are the employees at ABF stupid for working at ABF and not buying truck at FedEx? No.

I'm just trying to clarify the truth of FedEx. Here's my friends P&L

bfqla1.png
1g3m2d.png

O.K. i see the report and you are not lying. However, go back to your post at the bottom you say that no one at A.B.F. or YRc can make that much money, but you are comparing an Employers earnings to an Employees earnings ,They will never be the same . The Sterlings have engine brakes ,whether they are standard or not ,they have them. The tractors are running everyday, by different drivers,so they will not be treated kindly, if they were assigned you would see a different story . the employees at fed ex have spouses with full bennies, those people are fortunate , take away the bennies and $400 a month covers nothing. Every company has sh%t runs ,seniority is usually how you get the better runs ( at most companies).We all know the complainers and brown nosers do get their way sometimes. When i was at the Big R, it took at 8yrs. of being on call before i got a bid, and i had to wait for guys to retire to get there. Talk about junk equipment !! It was a white knuckle day at work !!! We will probably just keep going in circles here , your posts are anti- union and anti A.B.F. I.M.O.

Total payroll expense is 161,000. So you pay 4 drivers split this amount. The contractor makes 100,000 and worry everytime he gets a phone call that his trucks were invovled in an accident.You should jump on that job, Stoney.

O.K. i see the report and you are not lying. However, go back to your post at the bottom you say that no one at A.B.F. or YRc can make that much money, but you are comparing an Employers earnings to an Employees earnings ,They will never be the same .
Its not as black and white as you make it out to be. not all the contractors at FedEx have employees. Some drive themselves, and only have a 1 truck. But the point still stands. A blue collar driver like you or I can go over to FedEx and possibly be very successful. I'm just showing the generalizing of FedEx fro you guys is flawed.

the employees at fed ex have spouses with full bennies, those people are fortunate , take away the bennies and $400 a month covers nothing.
All I can say is....DUH. But these guys choose to work for my buddy. Are you saying they should work for ABF or YRC just case they need those bennies some day? I don't get your point. I don't know the exact sitution of his drivers in each of their cases. But they are living their lives just fine, I'm sure they are happy and content with there lives and jobs.
I do know most of those guys just pocket that $400. I do believe one uses it towards private health care he buys on his own. I'm sure $400 goes a long way to help cover any health care premiums.

Every company has sh%t runs ,seniority is usually how you get the better runs ( at most companies).We all know the complainers and brown nosers do get their way sometimes. When i was at the Big R, it took at 8yrs. of being on call before i got a bid, and i had to wait for guys to retire to get there. Talk about junk equipment !! It was a white knuckle day at work !!! We will probably just keep going in circles here , your posts are anti- union and anti A.B.F. I.M.O.

I worked for Big R too. Great company before Yellow came in. And your right, they had junk equipment, even in line haul. But I loved working there. I hated to leave. But my wife wanted to be closer to family, so I chose to quit and move back home, and the only good trucking job there was ABF.
But I don't know where you get I'm anti ABF. I like ABF. Do somethings annoy me? Sure. does mean I hate em? No. In fact I've done more defending of ABF than anything else. you can be critical of something and not be ANTI of them.
Same goes with the union. You may disagree with my opinions of the unions. But contrary to popular belief, I'm not anti union either. If I were, I'd be saying that all unions should just go away. But I have never said that. My problem with unions is their current leftist/liberal ideology. I have said, that if unions would get away from the class warfare, anti business policies, that they would prosper again.
Again, being critical of something, is not being anti of something.

Total payroll expense is 161,000. So you pay 4 drivers split this amount. The contractor makes 100,000 and worry everytime he gets a phone call that his trucks were invovled in an accident.You should jump on that job, Stoney.

Whats your point? And no that 162,000. is not split evenly across 4 drivers. Don't forget that 2 of the 4 or part timers. 162000 divided by 4 is 40,500. Well we know that the part timers are not making 40,500. I don't know the exact amounts. But I'm sure the full timers are in the area of 55 to 60 area.

Stoney-If those numbers are true and accurate you need to do some cyphering there and see how much money your buddy has left. To me it looks like less than our road drivers make and they get health insurance and pension on top of it. If that deal is so great why are you driving your ABF piece of junk? As for me, I don't consider the truck they give me to drive a piece of junk. I haven't sat broken down in my 20 years with the company. It has A/C, power steering AND a heater that all work, what more could one ask for? I don't live in the thing, I drive it from customer to customer for nine hours a day. Maybe you should confer with your YRC counterparts and see what they are driving. With all the horror you endure on a daily basis at ABF I can't understand why you still work there. Care to tell me?

Stoney-If those numbers are true and accurate you need to do some cyphering there and see how much money your buddy has left.
What the hell do you think net profit is? He netted nearly $100,000 and he works maybe 6 to 10 hours a week on his operation.

To me it looks like less than our road drivers make and they get health insurance and pension on top of it. If that deal is so great why are you driving your ABF piece of junk? As for me, I don't consider the truck they give me to drive a piece of junk. I haven't sat broken down in my 20 years with the company. It has A/C, power steering AND a heater that all work, what more could one ask for? I don't live in the thing, I drive it from customer to customer for nine hours a day. Maybe you should confer with your YRC counterparts and see what they are driving. With all the horror you endure on a daily basis at ABF I can't understand why you still work there. Care to tell me?
What dram queens you guys are. I mention somethings that annoy me me about ABF, and all of sudden I'm ANTI ABF and should quit. And if you care to read my last post ABFer, you would see that I worked for Roadway, and I know all about their equipment. And I still loved that job. I never said I hated ABF. Whats wrong with you clowns?

My only point was FedEx Ground isn't the ::shit:: outfit you guys make it to be. Those drivers for my buddy, enjoy a stable run, very nice equipment, and predictable home time. Do they enjoy the pay and bennies we get? No. but that's obviously OK with those guys. You goofballs seem to believe that if you job doesn't have union wages or any bennies, that you stupid for being there. I'm sure these drivers could have gotten on with ABF, YRC or UPS, but they like where their at, and chose to stay there.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?