A Word About Families

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
This is going to all you parents out there, I am obviously not one and that's fine, but I am a couple's child. This morning I woke up and I don't know why, but and some people say I think to much ha-ha, but I think those people were also kidding when they said it.

At any rate though I was thinking about being a kid and all the fun times I had with my immediate family over the years, actually though the fun time's don't always stop there's not like this age where they just stop. Obviously I know a lot of you guys have kids who are 11 and under, now granted the family I'm in were all a ways past that and were on the other end of the spectrum were post college so my parents are on the other side of it now in that regard.

However we still manage to have fun it's just the three of us now my brother moved out a couple years ago he had to for his career and he lives with his girlfriend that he got when he moved out blah blah blah and there pretty much a package deal, and I don't come from a real big family I have one sibling and that is it. My extended family were not the kind that really gets together and does stuff or really associate unless it's the usual holidays and stuff so it's kind of just been my mom, my dad my brother and I and for a long time we really just functioned as our own little entity out there in the world just the 4 of us. Now the only thing that's changed is my brothers girl friend she's like the third one, but what hasn't changed is we still don't have a large extended family not really were just not those people.

Anyhow though I was thinking about all the vacations and trips we've gone on and even just the regular day to day things at home, and really we had a lot of fun times as a family actually were still having fun, it doesn't stop even when the kids get older like late 20s like me I'll be 28 end of next month, we still have fun as a family yeah certainly some things are over as a family unit like I can't remember the last time it was just the 4 of us, but those things were going to end anyhow it was inevitable and quite frankly is part of the "circle of life" and was supposed to happen so that's not a big deal, but I don't think there is this age where all of a sudden you just stop having fun as a family, I can imagine having children is a lot of work, but I can also imagine that it also has a lot of ups too though and probably a lot of enjoyment. If you asked my parents they would probably say "Yes we enjoyed all the years are kids were growing up and still have a lot to look forward to."

Like I said I still have fun with my parents no joke and obviously you all know this already, but it doesn't stop and kids do remember all the good times it just takes a few years is all to really sink in, because as a kid your busy get ushered from grade to grade to grade and then college or whatever, but eventually that's all over and you start working and that's when memories from the past will pop into your head. Anyhow I guess to all you parents out there thank you for all the hard work you do and continue to do and your kids do appreciate it, and really I think in some ways the best is still yet to come, just wait till your kids are in there late teens and 20s, which really isn't that bad either. I had a little bit of a time finding my way some, but that was more of me just having to be honest with my self and once I was there were no problems and it's certainly paying dividends now. I guess what I'm saying is have fun with your kids they will remember and so will you and it makes it even better for down the line.

I'll be 28 the end of next month also the 22nd. I have 2 kids one is 7 the other is 2. My wife and I got married when we were 20. Just bought our home a year and a half ago. Being a parent is awesome we all have so much fun together just like you said. Although it can be stressful at times for sure. Lol

I'll be 28 the end of next month also the 22nd. I have 2 kids one is 7 the other is 2. My wife and I got married when we were 20. Just bought our home a year and a half ago. Being a parent is awesome we all have so much fun together just like you said. Although it can be stressful at times for sure. Lol
We waited to have kids, wanted to be more set in life and money before we started our family. Can't go back, but I honestly wish we'd have started earlier now (didn't have 1st until I was 30).
MikeJ, the best isn't yet to come. It's right now. I don't want my kids to be in their teens/twenties...thinking about them growing up honestly makes me sad. I wish I could freeze time and keep them little forever.