R&L | abco, spirit express, just two rumors.... bought by R and l

rodeored

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard in recent days by drivers of spirit express and abco transportation r&l bought their companies out. Ihave looked and inquired everywhere to confirm to no evail. can anyone confirm or deny this? I really dont know why everything at r&l has to be a great secret.

I dont know about that but the rumor in L.A is the reason the old pres. got replaced was flex driver program and the new pres. was told to fix (get rid of program by end of month) local v.p. said family never liked or agreed with it. this may not be true who knows. I ask our t.m. he smiled and said he would rather not answer. I dont think he likes the program much it makes him have to actually work. rl is becoming well kwown in the west this is good for all of us the best is yet to come from the west.

I dont know about that but the rumor in L.A is the reason the old pres. got replaced was flex driver program and the new pres. was told to fix (get rid of program by end of month) local v.p. said family never liked or agreed with it. this may not be true who knows. I ask our t.m. he smiled and said he would rather not answer. I dont think he likes the program much it makes him have to actually work. rl is becoming well kwown in the west this is good for all of us the best is yet to come from the west.

When you say "flex driver program", what do actually mean..Are you referring to the Paramount driver thing?

I agree the best is yet to come out west, I am picking up freight just about every day going to California...Also delivering a lot of freight coming from out west...

Keep up the good work!!!:1036316054:

I know a Spirit driver personally and he was told by his supervisors that R&L was buying them so thats what I know.

R&L still has an ad in "Transport Topics" looking to buy small truckload carriers,its been in there off and on for the past year.

There was a driver meeting in WIL with senior and he told us R&L bought two more companies recently and he expects us to be very busy by the spring. I was wondering what they were, I guess now I know.

Spirit is based out of Denver.
Abco is based outside of the Orlando area.

R&L owns both of them, they will run as seperate companies under the Paramount division.

I heard the same thing that program is going it causes to much BS how do you pay one guy less $ for doing the same work causes problems.

flex drivers and paramount are 2 differnt things.flex driver refers to the temp, agency drivers who will work city,dock,or do linehayl run.they are assignrd a starting time,daily, and have no idea what they will do.thats where the flex comes in.they also work for considerably less than an rl driver.thats why you have seen linehaul drivers taken foo their assigned run,and it is given to a lower cost flex driver.Paramount is the owner-operator trucks they are replacing the teams with.this paramount was a outfit in ft. meyrrs,fl.,and is not the same as the old paramount that was absorbed into rl.

flex drivers and paramount are 2 differnt things.flex driver refers to the temp, agency drivers who will work city,dock,or do linehayl run.they are assignrd a starting time,daily, and have no idea what they will do.thats where the flex comes in.they also work for considerably less than an rl driver.thats why you have seen linehaul drivers taken foo their assigned run,and it is given to a lower cost flex driver.Paramount is the owner-operator trucks they are replacing the teams with.this paramount was a outfit in ft. meyrrs,fl.,and is not the same as the old paramount that was absorbed into rl.
You are partly right but there is such a thing as a Paramount lease driver. Not the same as a Paramount O/O....