Estes | aberdeen knoxville

driver4a1

TB Lurker
Credits
well maybe most have heard now about knoxville hub and aberdeen hub closing and moving to charlotte. and heard all runs going in will be hub runs instead of linehaul.

anyone hear different? or any info to add.

do you know how many are going to be gone from the terminals? no one seems to know around knoxville, just waiting and wondering

Don't know yet how many are going to be gone from K-town due to Hub moving.
010 gets part of our hub and 037 gets the other part of it. We are adding a new hub run to 037 and one to 010 and so is 039.
Alot of terminals in the region will have new hub runs added going into 010 & 037.
They will start posting them next week to start running first of Nov.

Don't know yet how many are going to be gone from K-town due to Hub moving.
010 gets part of our hub and 037 gets the other part of it. We are adding a new hub run to 037 and one to 010 and so is 039.
Alot of terminals in the region will have new hub runs added going into 010 & 037.
They will start posting them next week to start running first of Nov.

KD,

Is the service center closing-shutting down all operations? How will this effect you?

Not trying to be nosey just concerned.

No not shutting down terminal, just moving the next day Hub break (night shift) operation to two other terminals.
We will still operate is a city end of line and relay terminal.
I run linehaul (mostly 2-4 day freight) so I should be ok.

Good luck Kd and the rest of all who may be affected by this change. We all know how we are the last to know what's happening.

Thanks Dew, alot of long faces around K-town right now.
We have a great crew that's been breaking 500,000 lbs a week on that hub at night for many years and those guys know what's coming for them.

From WBIR.com

Estes Express Lines has confirmed layoffs at the Knoxville terminal.

According to a statement from Billy Hupp, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, the recession has negatively impacted the freight transportation industry.

He said reduced freight volumes in Knoxville forced the company to reduce their local workforce. Although he didn't reveal how many employees were let go, Hupp said 12,000 workers remain with the company nationwide.

His complete statement is below:

The recession has had a significant impact on the freight transportation industry. As people cut back on spending, companies stock less inventory and manufacturers cut production resulting in significantly less freight to haul.

While Estes is weathering the recession better than most carriers, reduced freight volumes in the Knoxville area require that Estes adjust its operations at the Knoxville terminal. Regretfully, these changes include a reduction in workforce at the terminal.

Our employees are our most valued asset, and the decision to implement these changes was not taken lightly nor was the decision made overnight. However, the prolonged recession now necessitates that Estes adjust its workforce to this continued lack of freight volume.

Reducing workforce is one of the most heartbreaking things a company must do because its effects are far-reaching and extend to both families and communities. We are committed to keeping these reductions at a minimum; however, we must do everything we can to preserve the stability of the company and in doing so, protect the jobs of more than 12,000 remaining Estes employees across the nation during these difficult times.

We also remain committed to serving the Knoxville region and to maintaining our operations there. We look forward to more positive economic times and to speedy economic recovery for this region.

Billy Hupp

Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer

October 19, 2009

Moving our hub to 010 and 037 really hurt us.
It ain't pretty around here right now.
Please pray for the families affected.

I'm sure the same thing is happening at Aberdeen also,
so remember them also they lost their hub to 010 too.

To everyone caught in this mess i truly feel for you but i am afraid you won't be alone for long. The same thing has happened in the north with c-bus(087) being made giant hub, its just that the cuts haven't been made in the surrounding terminals. YET

screw up

sounds like another great screw up by the management seems to me all the other moves they made so far has lost us alot of frieght been trying to figure out where there coming up with these great ideas but so far no luck I do know it has really messed up employee moral in my neck of the woods !!!!!!!!!!

Put it this way if you are at one of the smaller teminals you are screwed if at one of the bigger ones things might work out for you.
Maybe someday this company will figure out what the hell they want to do, then we won't have to worry anymore.

Put it this way if you are at one of the smaller teminals you are screwed if at one of the bigger ones things might work out for you.
Maybe someday this company will figure out what the hell they want to do, then we won't have to worry anymore.

Maybe we are in the "Hope and Change" part of the economy..Personally,I hope it changes pretty dang quick..