ABF | ABF 401K Converting to Teamsters-National 401K Savings Plan

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
The disclosure would be in the prospectus.
Sure enough. About three clicks got me to transaction history and I just looked at the month of November. I found a handful of "asset fees" ranging from .14 to 1.29 totaling around 6 bucks. I feel a little poorer now but at least I feel smarter.

Received notice in the mail today. Cover letter opens:

I must have missed something somewhere because this is news to me and change like this is not one that I am looking for. Does anyone know where this one was tucked away? Am I the only one who missed it? Do any of you former YRC guys have any experience in this plan?

I was in the plan at yrc. I got out the minute I quit YRC and put the money in an IRA at Vanguard then joined the ABF plan which had much more CHOICE and lower management costs. The teamster plan has changed managers about 3 times since I first got into it (1994+-) and each time the management fees seemed to get higher. My personal opinion is the Teamsters (Hoffa) was demanding a bigger kick back each time they awarded a new mgm. team. I would advise anyone thinking about staying in the plan, I am, ( it is tax free and tax free gain till withdrawn) to first fully fund (6500.00 yr). a Roth IRA at a Low cost fund family. Vanguard , Fidelity, and T. Rowe Price come to mind. Then with any additional savings you may have available fund the 401. JMHO Delaknight

With expense fees not showing up on 401k's most people don't have a clue money is come out to pay the fund manager's. These fund manager's will just keep raking in more money as companies move away from define pension to define contribution.

They took the $$$ out of my 401k this morning. My balancehas now dropped to 0 and I, at least, am in the blackout period. I wouldsuggest everyone find out exactly how much was taken out of their account andcompare it to what is put in their account when we are able to get control ofour $$$ again.

They took the $$$ out of my 401k this morning. My balancehas now dropped to 0 and I, at least, am in the blackout period. I wouldsuggest everyone find out exactly how much was taken out of their account andcompare it to what is put in their account when we are able to get control ofour $$$ again.
I swear this thing's a mind reader, I have a Vanguard ad hanging up there in your post.

I wanted to keep my investment with transamerica and was told by transamerica rep.(manager) that all my investment had to be moved with the co. plan. I was also told by an outsider that he thought that I was not able to move the investment from our co. plan until I retire.
I will have too look into it better!!!!

I was watching to see how long it took them to transfer the money. The funds were pulled on 12/17 and put into prud. fund on 12/27.I was sending Prud. and transamerica e-mails every other day asking them were is my $$$$.The funds did make some money but I would have made double the money if I was in the transamerica funds.The morning the funds were pulled, the market ended up almost 300 pionts that DAY(we missed).Then the market just kept going up and our money was in the blackout period.
And like you were saying about checking to see if ALL your money was moved.They missed some $$$ in my transfer, but I didnt!!

I was told that I would have to be 59 1/2 years old to keep it out of the Teamsters' hands. I couldn't find out where my money was. First I was sent notice by Prudential that if I didn't fill out account app I couldn't have a brokerage acct. and that my stocks would be sold and moved to the other side. I sold all my stocks before the transfer and still got notice from Prudential for a brokerage acct number and PIN for it. I couldn't be any more disgusted than I am with how this whole thing is going. It can't be any more obvious that what is best for us is not on anyone's agenda but ours. And we pay people good money to do us this way?

I may have missed the memo, so forgive me if I did. Was this move in our contract ? Or just a back room deal with the IBT as a favor for endorsing the contract for the company ? Is ABF or the parent company still offering a 401 to it's employees, just not the union side ? From what I have seen, Transamerica offered me better choices then what I have now with the teamster fund. Once again, our well being seemed to be the last thing our Union or company was thinking about.

It is in our new contract that the company "may" switch us over. It seems that nobody caught that one. I didn't because I was voting no anyway so I didn't read the proposal.