ABF | ABF acquired a company. Anybody know who?

ElliotOffen

TB Lurker
Credits
It was revealed in today's earnings conference call that ABF acquired a small 3PL company. But they said the company was too small to name. Anybody know who it was?

Don't acquisitions have to be reported to the Teamsters?

3PL stands for 'Third Party Logistics.' They typically don't own any trucks or trailers, so they don't have any drivers. Most of them do warehousing. They also contract with other trucking companies to move freight for their customers. So, they may use us or they may use another company. (But I think that the goal is for the 3PL company to use ABF drivers.) But I still don't know how much the Teamsters knows about this.

3PL stands for 'Third Party Logistics.' They typically don't own any trucks or trailers, so they don't have any drivers. Most of them do warehousing. They also contract with other trucking companies to move freight for their customers. So, they may use us or they may use another company. (But I think that the goal is for the 3PL company to use ABF drivers.) But I still don't know how much the Teamsters knows about this.
Hell they could buy a 2PL right now and it could go under the radar of the Teamsters. Other things on their mind. But to answer your question, no I hadn't heard of the acquisition!

Haha! 2PL!

Well, one of those banker companies commented on it, and here's what they said:

"ABFS did purchase a small domestic 3PL in 2Q, but did not disclose the terms given the acquisition's size and relevance. ABFS remains interested in acquiring a core platform 3PL acquisition to begin to diversify its operations."

The small company may not ammount to anything, but I'm more interested / worried about what they mean by a 'core platform' 3PL.

Haha! 2PL!

Well, one of those banker companies commented on it, and here's what they said:

"ABFS did purchase a small domestic 3PL in 2Q, but did not disclose the terms given the acquisition's size and relevance. ABFS remains interested in acquiring a core platform 3PL acquisition to begin to diversify its operations."

The small company may not ammount to anything, but I'm more interested / worried about what they mean by a 'core platform' 3PL.
Yeah I might be a little concerned too. Dammit, I was gonna go to you guys and picket til they hired me too!

sec filing won't be made for another few weeks, but I'm concerned that if it wasn't big enough for a press release, then it won't be big enough for an sec filing.

don't they want to get some press coverage for the acquisition. it's kind of creepy that they don't want to tell anyone about the acquisition.

sec filing won't be made for another few weeks, but I'm concerned that if it wasn't big enough for a press release, then it won't be big enough for an sec filing.

don't they want to get some press coverage for the acquisition. it's kind of creepy that they don't want to tell anyone about the acquisition.
It sounds like they got there report back. If they bought something that a plus. they r looking a head 4 the future. IF THINGS get better more money for the stockholders. Just dont worry live today hope 4 a better day tomorrow.

A 3PL is a logistics company that buys trucks (Owner Ops or Asset carriers) and then sells them to customers. (at a profit). Usually a lane at a time.
They do also warehouse and other services.
Most often, 3PL's work the truckload market.
USA Truck, JB Hunt, Schnieder, all have 3PL sub companies.

This news is old. We have known for some time that the company was looking for an operation like this. This company will work in concert with ABF to further diversify and more importantly, competitively challenge its' rivals.

Old news, we knew this was going to happen, just not know who or when.

This news is old. We have known for some time that the company was looking for an operation like this. This company will work in concert with ABF to further diversify and more importantly, competitively challenge its' rivals.

Old news, we knew this was going to happen, just not know who or when.

So then what's the harm in simply wanting to know the name of the company? If we're going to "work in concert" with them, then can't we at least know the name?

So then what's the harm in simply wanting to know the name of the company? If we're going to "work in concert" with them, then can't we at least know the name?

That's a:nono:with this company. They will let you know, "Who" they buy when they feel like it. RIGHT!!!!!

As usual, you will be informed on a need to know basis. That too, is just the way these people do business. Announcement of an acquired company prematurely can have devastating consequences on a business transaction.

Have patience. These guys know what their doing.