ABF | ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement

Company Will Sign Proposed Pact, Protecting Drivers and Dockworkers
(202) 624-6904

January 30, 2008

(Washington, D.C.) – ABF Freight System, Inc. has agreed to the Teamster Union’s demand that the company should agree to be bound by the proposed 2008-2013 Teamsters National Freight Industry Standards, which will protect union members’ futures.

ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement

Company Will Sign Proposed Pact, Protecting Drivers and Dockworkers
(202) 624-6904

January 30, 2008

(Washington, D.C.) – ABF Freight System, Inc. has agreed to the Teamster Union’s demand that the company should agree to be bound by the proposed 2008-2013 Teamsters National Freight Industry Standards, which will protect union members’ futures.

Is it just me or are they calling it alot of names besides the NMFA. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid from reading to much lately.:hide:

Goodbye NMFA

Is it just me or are they calling it alot of names besides the NMFA. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid from reading to much lately.:hide:

I guess that makes me paranoid because I see the NMFA being replaced by the NFSA.... Some of us doom & gloomers have been saying for a long time that if we can't bring them up to our standards then we will be dragged down to their standards.

Maybe the new stand alone UPSF contract & any future freight contracts will all be lumped together under this new name, the National Freight Standards Agreement.

it becomes a National referendum when TMI members split and withdraw thus the new title NFSTA but i believe when it is signed it means it then becomes the NMFA as always
there are many carriers that utilize the NMFA as a model for their contracts and vote also on the National Standards proposed so in reality those that do that are technically "white paper" contracts with modifications to the master. these modifications or better yet amendments are also voted on by the affected members whereas majority rules for their amendments
the whole process is very confusing as i once lived a similar deal years ago when working for a non TMI carrier.
my question then was if i am not under the NMFA then why am i voting on it?
same question that has arisen currently!
it seems then as well as now the referendum is why
it also seems this IBT administration is explaining the process by referring to it as such whereas in the past those IBT administrations liked to keep you guessing and more in the dark