ABF | ABF Attacks Pensions?

Don't let them get to you. They didn't understand what I posted and it makes them angry.

How about you try being a man for once instead of a wuss and tell me why you lied about me reporting you and pretending that you were going to get banned? Because right now... you are considered nothing but a POS!

How about you try being a man for once instead of a wuss and tell me why you lied about me reporting you and pretending that you were going to get banned? Because right now... you are considered nothing but a POS!

Like I said wuss... talk to me... just how can you justify this in that delicate little head of yours?

Turncoat, you where correct only it was Docker that complained to Jeff not KK. I have to go before Jeff blocks me from coming back. It's pathetic that Docker had to report me to Jeff.
did not happen and you are not being blocked

Ignore them, they will go away.
if you interact with them it only embolden them

I don't know how to ignore and to tell you the truth... I really don't care to learn. Besides... I only have one good cheek left that I can use properly.

I don't know how to ignore and to tell you the truth... I really don't care to learn. Besides... I only have one good cheek left that I can use properly.
docker..please explain the "one cheek left"...I still have two and planning to bend over and let the upper mgmt kiss them!

docker..please explain the "one cheek left"...I still have two and planning to bend over and let the upper mgmt kiss them!

Only got one good cheek left due to me never being able to ignore people... but I'm still alive and speaking my piece... so that make me... THE WINNER...

Brother Canary, you are correct but you where also correct when you talked about annuity rates. I realize promises were made but things change. Life happens. Annuity rates go down. If you bought an annuity in the 1980's when interest rates where 14% to 15% you got a very good rate on your annuity. But, you buy one in April 2018 and you get much less. So, to complain that you were promised a pension amount when the interest rate was 14% but you want to collect it in 2018 at the same rate you were promised in the 1980's is ridiculous.
Wow... just WOW! You cant have read that back to yourself before you clicked the post button.
But then again maybe I give you too much credit.

Brother Canary, you are correct but you where also correct when you talked about annuity rates. I realize promises were made but things change. Life happens. Annuity rates go down. If you bought an annuity in the 1980's when interest rates where 14% to 15% you got a very good rate on your annuity. But, you buy one in April 2018 and you get much less. So, to complain that you were promised a pension amount when the interest rate was 14% but you want to collect it in 2018 at the same rate you were promised in the 1980's is ridiculous.

Ahh,.....But any investor knows the market swings wildly through the decades,....and intelligent and hands-on management of any investment product is...de rigueur .
Any savvy investor holding a 15% annuity from the '80's,.....has definately diversified,...probably several times over. Standard investor practice...

But,....many of us chose MEPFs,...and defined-benefit retirement products,....purely because they were supposed to eliminate individual exposure to market risk,.....by spreading that risk through many companies, and a vast, churning pool of participants.....
Plus,..........MEPFs.....unlike individual investors......used professional services that could read market trends far, far more efficiently than a private investor, or a defined-contribution contributor.....(....a sheep-to-be-sheared......by Wall Street,...in My Opinion...)...

MEPFs are,.....and were,....the best choice for a working schlub like me.......Very little risk,.....and all the technical "investing" done for me by professionals. Precisely the reasons many companies joined MEPFs......decades ago.
However,....joining a MEPF is a LONG-TERM committment.....Has been, for decades. Saying that a corporation can....."shed"....it's long-term committment to it's employees,.....merely to increase it's own bottom line,........would be akin to your Life Insurance agent telling you,...after you made 25 years of payments to a Whole Life plan,.........that the "market has changed",.........and your survivors will only get a fourth of what you were promised....and PAID for.......

Would you feel cheated?

Ahh,.....But any investor knows the market swings wildly through the decades,....and intelligent and hands-on management of any investment product is...de rigueur .
Any savvy investor holding a 15% annuity from the '80's,.....has definately diversified,...probably several times over. Standard investor practice...

But,....many of us chose MEPFs,...and defined-benefit retirement products,....purely because they were supposed to eliminate individual exposure to market risk,.....by spreading that risk through many companies, and a vast, churning pool of participants.....
Plus,..........MEPFs.....unlike individual investors......used professional services that could read market trends far, far more efficiently than a private investor, or a defined-contribution contributor.....(....a sheep-to-be-sheared......by Wall Street,...in My Opinion...)...

MEPFs are,.....and were,....the best choice for a working schlub like me.......Very little risk,.....and all the technical "investing" done for me by professionals. Precisely the reasons many companies joined MEPFs......decades ago.
However,....joining a MEPF is a LONG-TERM committment.....Has been, for decades. Saying that a corporation can....."shed"....it's long-term committment to it's employees,.....merely to increase it's own bottom line,........would be akin to your Life Insurance agent telling you,...after you made 25 years of payments to a Whole Life plan,.........that the "market has changed",.........and your survivors will only get a fourth of what you were promised....and PAID for.......

Would you feel cheated?
Pearls of wisdom, canary! Thank you...you pretty much summed it up right there.

Would you feel cheated?
But if the companies participating in the MEPF die off, or if in the case of the teamsters, the union fails to replace participating members, the MEPF fails. Exactly what is happening to the teamster pensions.
Like many retirement programs they are dependent on more people contributing that the number of those collecting. or as some investors call it 'an upside down pyramid'
Today the teamster funds are 'pyramids' few $$$ coming in and lots of $$$ going out. A recipe for disaster...
best many will do it be at the mercy of the PBGC and get 30% or so of what they expected.
My hunch is union bosses get all their $$$ and multiple pensions......
But you seem like a pretty smart guy.... I'm sure you see this....
By the way with DCA my funds that lost in 2008-2009 have fully recovered and are up some as high as 90% since then....
Why didn't the MEPF's recover???