ABF | Abf background check

Cpaige304

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok I had an interview it went great now it's time for the background check. I don't have anything really on my mvr and I've always had a job. I got a letter today from abf about a random check by dot at the scales in 2009 it said they might not be able to offer me employment because of it. I worked for someone at the time driving his truck and couldnt find prof of registration I wasn't ticketed and never gave it another thought and that was 2 1/2 yrs ago abf wants me to respond and I'm not sure what to say or do about it any suggestions??

I guess you know by now that ABF does a thorough background check. All I know to tell you is to tell the truth & explain the circumstances. Since it is not a moving violation they might understand. I have known of applicants trying to hide a DWI. A coworker tried to help a friend get a job at ABF. He didn't list a DWI that he had several years in the past & of course they found it. He promised to never do it again & said " I got saved & joined a church so you know I won't drink any more". Needless to say he didn't get the job.

Just tell the truth is the best advice.

These things always seem to come out in a background check and so many people forget such minor incidents. To ABF make a big difference. How many people actually remember every traffic stop, minor ticket etc over the years? I know when I filled out my application I didn't, but in 15 years the data available has improved a little. I remember being advised to dot every I and cross every T on my app. I knew I had some tickets back there and couldn't remember when they occurred so I wrote something like ummm June or July 19xx got speeding ticket, paid fine of about $100. It looks like they were OK with that.

I guess you know by now that ABF does a thorough background check. All I know to tell you is to tell the truth & explain the circumstances. Since it is not a moving violation they might understand. I have known of applicants trying to hide a DWI. A coworker tried to help a friend get a job at ABF. He didn't list a DWI that he had several years in the past & of course they found it. He promised to never do it again & said " I got saved & joined a church so you know I won't drink any more". Needless to say he didn't get the job.

Thank god I don't have any background like that I can barley remember what happened it was so insignificant at the time and now it might screw me over I talked to my old boss who's truck I was driving and he doesn't remember it either I'm going to talk to the TM and see what he thinks I should do

Just tell the truth is the best advice.

These things always seem to come out in a background check and so many people forget such minor incidents. To ABF make a big difference. How many people actually remember every traffic stop, minor ticket etc over the years? I know when I filled out my application I didn't, but in 15 years the data available has improved a little. I remember being advised to dot every I and cross every T on my app. I knew I had some tickets back there and couldn't remember when they occurred so I wrote something like ummm June or July 19xx got speeding ticket, paid fine of about $100. It looks like they were OK with that.
Yeah I had a non preventable back in 2003 or 2004 and I called the police dept that responded and they said they don't keep records past 5 years told abf that and they seemed ok with it. It's hard to remember every second of your life for the past ten years abf is a great company and I want to be part of the team but remembering all this stuff is hard hope I don't fudge up somewhere and mess it up

Just dont make up a lie to cover it, tell them the truth. Its a minor thing but they will look at it good because it was missing from your app. It will not keep you from getting the job but the person processing your app has to fill in the blanks.
As said before, dot every I and cross every T .. if its there they will find it.

Just dont make up a lie to cover it, tell them the truth. Its a minor thing but they will look at it good because it was missing from your app. It will not keep you from getting the job but the person processing your app has to fill in the blanks.
As said before, dot every I and cross every T .. if its there they will find it.
Yeah.
I think when they say they might not be able to offer employment I think they mean if it turns out you tried to cover up something.

If they are still corresponding with you and asking questions you have not been ruled out just yet. I wouldn't ask the TM anything, just give honest answer to whoever is asking questions. I have been told that their HR is worse than a friggin' mortgage banker. I didn't get that kind of a third degree treatment 15 years ago when I went through it. I have been told that they feel like they're some sort of a God divvying out free passes to heaven. What did they call them, indulgences or something?

Brother, I think they're trying to find people who are naturally honest. They dig up the smallest thing and see how you react when your memory is "jogged". Never lie, cover up , or "conveniently" forget. Better to be off a few days , weeks or even months about a ticket or accident in the past. I think they'd rather hire a faulty memory instead of a selective one. Good Luck! And...maybe the Freight Gods will grant you that Indulgence!

I retired from ABF 6 1/2 years ago.If there is a tiny speck of bad on your record A B F will find it.Thats how they are.To bad for you,its a great outfit to work for.

I went thru this 9 months ago....it took 5 weeks to get cleared to be hired...what I did was kept calling hr in ARK everytime they had a question...I had a job in the last 10 yrs that claimed they lost all the employment records...the accepted my w2....keep calling..if you dont respond youre out....they dig and they dig deep