ABF | abf casual drivers

Booboy

TB Lurker
Credits
I talk to a recruiter at abf about working there.I was told you have to start out on call 24/7 working out of 4 terminals.That you have 2 hours to get to work.This is for a city driver position.I want to know is starting off as an otr driver the same?Sitting by the phone waiting for work.

Just starting out

Booboy said:
I talk to a recruiter at abf about working there.I was told you have to start out on call 24/7 working out of 4 terminals.That you have 2 hours to get to work.This is for a city driver position.I want to know is starting off as an otr driver the same?Sitting by the phone waiting for work.
First like my friend said Welcome to the boards .From your location I think you'd be in Local 705 for city work which DOES allow casuals.Local 710 which covers the road work in the Chicago area DOES NOT ALLOW casuals.Of course there too you'd be on a 2 hour call till you get a bid.
ABF is a CLASS operation .Right now ABF has radio spots looking for drivers on WBBM 780am.I have heard that ABF is trying to add to both the city and road boards .I have even heard that some drivers who have just started already have bids.
I have several friends on with ABF,wish I could have got on with them after Churchill closed in '94.
They treat their people right .
Good Luck, Hope you make it .

Booboy,
Just a little info....nobody in the Central Region is allowed to use road casuals. You're on probation on your 1st trip. ABF would be a great Company to get on with.

Just noticed, Hillbilly. The wife and I are looking to move Lily Pad, sounds nice any P/D openings there, I could transfer.
JW

:frog:

JWor said:
Just noticed, Hillbilly. The wife and I are looking to move Lily Pad, sounds nice any P/D openings there, I could transfer.
JW

:frog:
You'd have to come to the Dock. P/D bids are few and far between. I waited 2 years and finally got one. I have 8 yrs. w/ABF and didn't have enough seniority to land one until about 2 months ago. Lots of guys waiting in line at 051 for city spots. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. HD75:punk: