ABF | ABF Contract book

heavyheavy

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering if anyone in the country has received a new copy of the ABF contract that was passed. Im sure the international has been questioned about getting these printed and passed out. I would like any info about these new copies if anyone has gotten one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked my ba about this and he said to go off the old book and gave me a link to the parts that changed. I think that's bs, they should have these printed right away. I like to carry one with Me so I can look up things if I think there is tomfoolery going on!

Having the current contract in hand in one document is nice but the reality is we don't and we won't until they give them to us and they seem to be in no hurry to do so. I have the T/A from the vote for both the master and my supplement and the former NMFA, which expired in 2013. Not the most convenient way to have it but it is what it is and it works.

Two Locals in Joint Council #40 have grieved the casual pay language in our Supplemental Agreement. That won't be heard at Eastern Region until January, at least. I've been told that's what's holding up the printing. UPS has received their contract books last month. The format for printing is on line at Teamsters.org. Hopefully we'll see them in a few months.

Two Locals in Joint Council #40 have grieved the casual pay language in our Supplemental Agreement. That won't be heard at Eastern Region until January, at least. I've been told that's what's holding up the printing. UPS has received their contract books last month. The format for printing is on line at Teamsters.org. Hopefully we'll see them in a few months.

Canaryinthemine: When I spoke to a member of the freight division at the International the order for printing had not even been made a couple of weeks ago. I was also told that he didn't know if there would even be a printing of the contract book.

I found supplements, could not find anything about the master on Teamster.org. The T/A comes off of TDU.org

I was wondering if anyone in the country has received a new copy of the ABF contract that was passed. Im sure the international has been questioned about getting these printed and passed out. I would like any info about these new copies if anyone has gotten one.
Still at the printers.Just like they told some of us that didn't get a ballot at the first mOu December 2013.YRC

I found supplements, could not find anything about the master on Teamster.org. The T/A comes off of TDU.org

My apologies, Brother. I had scanned through the site fast, and sono***un, I didn't notice the dates on the contract cover page. Yup, ....that's the last contract,....it's only about a year and a half out of date. What they have for the current Supplements are a copy of the flimsy they sent with our ballots. Well,.....I'm insulted.....I thought we were near and dear to the IBT's heart,.....but since the contract vote, they just don't seem to have the time to pay attention to our paltry whining about "no representation",...and "lack of information",.......Sheesh!.....now I really do feel like a red-headed stepchild.....I guess it would be too much of a problem for them to inform us,....especially those without computers,....how badly they sold us down the river..........Maybe they're gagging at how bad it will look in writing,........Maybe they're printing it on special tearaway sheets,....for those occasions where you've run out of toilet paper,.....or the cat coughed up a hairball.........Maybe they've just forgotten that we're one of the divisions that pays dues for their maintenance,............Maybe they're too busy prostituting themselves to the politicians, in return for "special" favors,....and just don't have time for us, now...............Maybe they're just a bunch of amoral liars who feel they've pulled the wool over our eyes, and just don't have to pay attention to us anymore...........Maybe their printer decertified from the Teamsters, and they're looking for a cheap, offshore non-Union printing shop to job it out to............Maybe Mr. Johnson and Mr. Sweeton left the brown paper sack containing the only copy of what they've negotiated on the floor of some cheap diner,...and it got thrown out with the trash.......At the Two Year Mark,.....I guess, would be a good time to file the grievance on their not providing the members with a copy,.....as it says in the contract.........Hey! But who lives up to that, nowadays?

My apologies, Brother. I had scanned through the site fast, and sono***un, I didn't notice the dates on the contract cover page. Yup, ....that's the last contract,....it's only about a year and a half out of date. What they have for the current Supplements are a copy of the flimsy they sent with our ballots. Well,.....I'm insulted.....I thought we were near and dear to the IBT's heart,.....but since the contract vote, they just don't seem to have the time to pay attention to our paltry whining about "no representation",...and "lack of information",.......Sheesh!.....now I really do feel like a red-headed stepchild.....I guess it would be too much of a problem for them to inform us,....especially those without computers,....how badly they sold us down the river..........Maybe they're gagging at how bad it will look in writing,........Maybe they're printing it on special tearaway sheets,....for those occasions where you've run out of toilet paper,.....or the cat coughed up a hairball.........Maybe they've just forgotten that we're one of the divisions that pays dues for their maintenance,............Maybe they're too busy prostituting themselves to the politicians, in return for "special" favors,....and just don't have time for us, now...............Maybe they're just a bunch of amoral liars who feel they've pulled the wool over our eyes, and just don't have to pay attention to us anymore...........Maybe their printer decertified from the Teamsters, and they're looking for a cheap, offshore non-Union printing shop to job it out to............Maybe Mr. Johnson and Mr. Sweeton left the brown paper sack containing the only copy of what they've negotiated on the floor of some cheap diner,...and it got thrown out with the trash.......At the Two Year Mark,.....I guess, would be a good time to file the grievance on their not providing the members with a copy,.....as it says in the contract.........Hey! But who lives up to that, nowadays?
You all aren't immune.We have that here at YRCF.It must be a contagious disease.Union helps keep all of our jobs.Then decides to not do anything for you.The motto here is..Just be thankful you have a job.

I think it is a way to keep down the number of grievances. If you don’t have a copy of the contract, how can you know what you are expected to get.