ABF | ABF Contract Conference Call 04/12/2018

Then go preach it over at the yrc board . There's 20000 yes voters over there, and assuming im the only one over here. You'll make a bigger impact in yrc 2019 contract

There you go again... showing your ignorance... assuming everyone's just like yourself... a two-pump chumping troll.

No wonder why you wear that bag over your head... you should be ashamed of yourself!

Sorry to tell you , but even if the pension cap was removed, abf couldn't save these pensions alone. This isn't rocket science

Just make sure you vote yes... and then let me know how well that worked out for you 10 years from now.

Rollin, it is my belief that most of the people who post on the TB are bitter old men. They have nothing but time and they hate their lives. And so they keep spreading their hate.
Not bitter or that old, just want a fair contract. If that’s asking to much then shut the doors & we will all move on to bigger & better things....

Not bitter or that old, just want a fair contract. If that’s asking to much then shut the doors & we will all move on to bigger & better things....

That's asking to too much out of him GO40... after all... he'd just rather stay and crawl instead of having to move on to bigger and better things.

I agree. But what defines a fair contract? I would like to have had more money but in the 2008-2013 contract wages were 4/1/08 $22.65, 4/1/09 $23.05, 4/1/10 $23.50, 4/1/11 $23.90, 4/1/12 $24.35. Not much difference in the yearly raise between then and now.

This ignore member feature is great. All is says is ignored member.

I agree. But what defines a fair contract? I would like to have had more money but in the 2008-2013 contract wages were 4/1/08 $22.65, 4/1/09 $23.05, 4/1/10 $23.50, 4/1/11 $23.90, 4/1/12 $24.35. Not much difference in the yearly raise between then and now.

Then do it!

Don't fool yourself thinking it's bigger and better on the side because it's not
Not fooling anyone I’m 47 with 26 years in the union with 3 different companies, it’s jellyfish like you that put us in a bad way by giving in to everything. Don’t think for one minute I don’t have bills & a family, but I refuse to settle for less time & time again. Believe it or not there are better paying union jobs out there outside the trucking industry.... some people are to comfortable or to lazy to move on. Trust me I’m not that person...

Then go preach it over at the yrc board . There's 20000 yes voters over there, and assuming im the only one over here. You'll make a bigger impact in yrc 2019 contract
As smart as you act on here I’m guessing there is a 50/50 chance you will hit the wrong button during the voting process anyhow so no worries about you.

Its not so much about a money issue then it is pension & vacation with me. Ignoring members because they have a different view then yours is taking the easy way out, you might just learn something from the older generation....

Its not so much about a money issue then it is pension & vacation with me. Ignoring members because they have a different view then yours is taking the easy way out, you might just learn something from the older generation....

He did learn something from the older generation... that they won't put up with his lies and silly... cowardly ways... lol

For all of you that are still undecided... please... listen to Ernie again. This time... ask yourself... is he presenting this contract to the members like he is supposed to be doing or is he selling it? After all... if a decent contract is presented... it doesn't have to be sold... it will sell itself.

And why does he feel the need for all this self-praising? Is it because he knows that no one else will be so he's just trying to convince himself.

Reading that tentative agreement made me feel queasy. Right off the bat,.....they've got to say how they..."saved"...8000 jobs by knuckling under to company demands immediately.....

Yessir! That's How you do it!..........Fall down on the floor and squirm and grovel to save 8000 member's worth of dues money......

Priorities,....I guess.......

Anyone at Louisiana Avenue ever hear of calling the companies' bluff? And.....Bluff it is.

Oh,......I almost forgot......

Disclaimer:.........I'm one of those "bitter old retirees".......with nothing better to do than watch the destruction of a contractual agreement I put 25 years into , and a Union I put 41 years into.......

I guess , as a "retiree",.....I'm supposed to get my free Government-provided Lobotomy,....sit on the front porch and rock until someone comes out to mop up the drool........

Sorry,.......I'm proud of my Teamster time,...Proud that I served 16 years as a steward,.....Proud that my father and uncles were charter members of several Teamster Locals,......

And Proud that one of my sons has 10 years in the same Teamster local that I retired from......and another in the Navy on withdrawal from the Teamsters......

Kinda hard to ignore all that,.....without the Lobotomy.....

Oh,......I almost forgot......

Disclaimer:.........I'm one of those "bitter old retirees".......with nothing better to do than watch the destruction of a contractual agreement I put 25 years into , and a Union I put 41 years into.......

I guess , as a "retiree",.....I'm supposed to get my free Government-provided Lobotomy,....sit on the front porch and rock until someone comes out to mop up the drool........

Sorry,.......I'm proud of my Teamster time,...Proud that I served 16 years as a steward,.....Proud that my father and uncles were charter members of several Teamster Locals,......

And Proud that one of my sons has 10 years in the same Teamster local that I retired from......and another in the Navy on withdrawal from the Teamsters......

Kinda hard to ignore all that,.....without the Lobotomy.....

Amen Brother!!!