ABF | ABF Driver Killed In Accident @ SC Truckstop

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anybody have any info on the ABF driver who was killed Tuesday night @ the Mr. Waffle Truckstop in Blacksburg, SC?

I came upon the scene a couple of hrs. after the accident, and the body had been removed, but the Highway Patrol was still investigating.

It seems that he had just parked his truck, and was headed inside the truckstop, when he was struck by a pickup truck near the auto-gas pumps.

Does anyone know his home terminal, name, or any particulars about him?

This is a tragic thing to happen, especially at this time of year. Our condolences go out to his family, friends, and co-workers.

Does anybody have any info on the ABF driver who was killed Tuesday night @ the Mr. Waffle Truckstop in Blacksburg, SC?

I came upon the scene a couple of hrs. after the accident, and the body had been removed, but the Highway Patrol was still investigating.

It seems that he had just parked his truck, and was headed inside the truckstop, when he was struck by a pickup truck near the auto-gas pumps.

Does anyone know his home terminal, name, or any particulars about him?

This is a tragic thing to happen, especially at this time of year. Our condolences go out to his family, friends, and co-workers.

You have got to be kidding me. That is aweful. I pray for his family, what a terrible thing to happen. Please let us know any information. I use to stop at that truckstop a few years back.

You have got to be kidding me. That is aweful. I pray for his family, what a terrible thing to happen. Please let us know any information. I use to stop at that truckstop a few years back.

Yeah, Terry S. was from ATL and a member of Local 728.....he had been at ABF for about a year, after coming over from Kroger....very sad....KK

Terrell Norman Sellers

Mr. Terrell Norman Sellers, age 57, of McDonough, Ga., passed away December 20, 2006. He was born June 22, 1949, in New Martinsville, W.Va., to the late Kathryn Mae Leasure and Arthur Edgar Sellers. He served his country in the United States Army with two tours in Vietnam; was a driver with ABF Trucking; a member of Teamsters Local 728; and enjoyed cars, gardening, and woodworking.

Survivors include his wife, Laura Dee Steele Sellers of McDonough; children, Tami Renee Sellers of Ellenwood, Adam Terrell Sellers of Ellenwood, John and Jessica Sellers of Ft. Bragg, NC; grandchildren, Jacob Michael Sellers, Kameron Asher Sellers, and twins, Erick Jarvis and Jared Oliver Sellers; sister, Patricia Sellers of Massillion, Ohio.

Funeral services will be conducted Sunday, December 24, 2006 at 3 p.m. at the Chapel of Haisten Funeral Home, with the Rev. Gerald Castanien officiating. Friends may visit the family Sunday from 1 p.m. until service time. Contributions can be made to the Disabled American Veterans in memory of Mr. Sellers. Haisten Funeral Home, 1745 Zack Hinton Parkway South, McDonough, Ga. 30253, haistenfunerals.com.

Thanks for posting this K.K.
They tell us in Kernersville that he died from a heart attack. That he fell in front of the pickup.
It's a terrible thing to happen anytime but magnified even more because of the time of the year.
May God comfort his family and friends.
If any of you would like to you can click the link below and sign the guest book.

Haisten Funerals and Cremations

Thank you K.K. I will say a prayer for his family. Sad to hear such news. You never know when its your time?

I met his son tonight. He introduced himself after noticing my Teamster t-shirt. This is very sad indeed. Said he was home on leave to celebrate Christmas with his family and this happens. Why cant people pay better attention!!!!
He said they would have visitation from 13:00 to 15:00.

Thank You, KK, Krash, and Hillbilly Frog, for the info. We may never know what really happened. The fact is, we lost a fellow driver, and the family lost a father. "There, but for the Grace of God, go I..."

Terry Sellers

Hey everyone, I am his daughter. I know this thread is 2 1/2 years old but I felt the need to let you know that your kind words for a man and his family that most of you never knew are a great comfort even now. Thank You all from the bottom of my heart.
The actual cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. It happened when he lost his footing and fell. We used to joke and call him a tank on 2 feet but we soon realized how fragile that tank was. When my mother and brother, the one that Krash met, got to the hospital in SC, the doctor told my mom that he had no brain activity all night long. About 2 hours later she made the decision to pull the plug. I think she would have held on except he had told us many times if anything like that ever happened he did not want to be kept on a "damn machine". So at 9:35 AM he was officially gone.
My daddy and I were never close, I was not "daddy's little girl" but he was my daddy and I still miss him reminding me to get the oil changed, air up the tires, and tinkering around in the garage or the yard.
My dad thought he didn't have any friends but as many drivers that showed up on Christmas Eve to say goodbye to him proved differently. Everywhere I turned were Kroger and ABF drivers and Teamsters he'd known for years. Some of the Kroger drivers I hadn't seen since I was a kid. But they still remembered me and told me stories of the Terry they knew, who wasn't a whole lot different from the one we knew.
He was known for his Papermate pens and his calculator. He was quirky and smart and sometimes annoying but I guess that's what daddies do.
My mom and I used to ride with him before my brothers were born. They taught me math and my ABC's while going down the interstate in the truck. I grew up on the road and in truckstops and learned how to talk on the CB as soon as I could speak. My handle was Little Gem, his was Diamond Turtle and my mom was Diamond Lady. I could tell you how to get to Raccoon Valley from GA and OH by the time I was 4 and it's all because of him. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Little Gem

Hey everyone, I am his daughter. I know this thread is 2 1/2 years old but I felt the need to let you know that your kind words for a man and his family that most of you never knew are a great comfort even now. Thank You all from the bottom of my heart.
The actual was blunt force trauma to the head. It happened when he lost his footing and fell. We used to joke and call him a tank on 2 feet but we soon realized how fragile that tank was. When my mother and brother, the one that Krash met, got to the hospital in SC, the doctor told my mom that he had no brain activity all night long. About 2 hours later she made the decision to pull the plug. I think she would have held on except he had told us many times if anything like that ever happened he did not want to be kept on a "damn machine". So at 9:35 AM he was officially gone.
My daddy and I were never close, I was not "" but he was my daddy and I still miss him reminding me to get the oil changed, air up the tires, and tinkering around in the garage or the yard.
My dad thought he didn't have any friends but as many drivers that showed up on Christmas Eve to say goodbye to him proved differently. Everywhere I turned were Kroger and ABF drivers and Teamsters he'd known for years. Some of the Kroger drivers I hadn't seen since I was a kid. But they still remembered me and told me stories of the Terry they knew, who wasn't a whole lot different from the one we knew.
He was known for his Papermate pens and his calculator. He was quirky and smart and sometimes annoying but I guess that's what daddies do.
My mom and I used to ride with him before my brothers were born. They taught me math and my ABC's while going down the interstate in the truck. I grew up and in truckstops and learned how to talk on the CB as soon as I could speak. My handle was Little Gem, his was Diamond Turtle and my mom was Diamond Lady. I could tell you how to get to Raccoon Valley from GA and OH by the time I was 4 and it's all because of him. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Little Gem
Great Story. Condolences go out to You and Your Family!! God Bless

We really should try to come to terms with our parents while they are still around. Give them some extra points because they are your Mom and Dad.