ABF | ABF employee discount for upack?

series60

TB Regular
Credits
Called this past Monday to get a price on a relocube & Identified myself as an employee of the company.
Received a price of $1,956.
Had my in laws call just a few minutes later & give same info without mentioning anything about working for ABF & received a quote for $1,825.
So I get charged extra for working for this place?

$126.00 more because you're an employee. I guess they figured you'd be paying for your uniforms that month. By the way,......is their customer service still in Arkansas, or did they off-shore outsource it yet?

So I get charged extra for working for this place?
:hilarious: Welcome to ABF, I hope you enjoy your stay. If we weren't a union company we wouldn't even get pay checks, we'd get automatic deductions out of our bank accounts for them letting us play in their playground. I knew that there was no discount for us to use their services but that story is a new one on me and makes me question their competence. No need to call Judy and tell her about it though, you just did.
is their customer service still in Arkansas, or did they off-shore outsource it yet?
Still in AR, they speak English quite well...so far.

A raise is an increase in ones salary and a salary is a fixed regular payment made by an employer to an employee.

A pay cut of 7% is what we voluntarily gave in 2013
A pay cut of 5% is what we voluntarily gave on July 1,2014
A pay cut of 3% is what we voluntarily gave on July 1,2015
A pay cut of 1% is what we voluntarily will give on July 1,2016

And a pay raise of 1.5% based on the wage scale from back in 2013 is what we will be receiving on July 1,2017. Thats the only time it is actually considered a raise but technically that shouldnt even be called a raise because we will never gain back what we lost monetarily when we voted to accept that ignominious contract.

So, like several posters stated, please call it for what it is. Its about time everyone come out from under that rock and realize that they have to start facing the real world and calling things for what they are, not what they want them to be.

Don't forget pay and benefit negotiations will start where they were at in 2013. All the concessions that was given up is gone and ARCBEST is not going to give anything back.

You are absolutely correct sir, thanks for bringing that up. We will be already 5 years behind in wages before they even start the 2018 negotiations. Maybe thats why so many like to refer our continuing yearly cuts as raises. They are just trying to convince themselves they were getting raises all along because they know that the company will never agree to a wage that would even come close at being comparable to the wage we should be receiving in 2018 after even modest raises over the 5 years prior.

In case people aren't paying attn., many new positions have been created, promotions of lesser knowns in terminals to meaningless positions. Lets not forget about the huge cost of Electronic logs coming as well as an intricate time clock system (fingerprints, barcodes) replacing paper log books and clockpunches for road drivers, not sure how city and UE drivers operate ( its coming ). But let the costs add up for sad give back speeches and to be backed by Hoffa supporting Union Locals.. Pay attn., its happening.

How about this, how about directing your anger at the people in charge that have something to do with what you are currently dealing with.
I always found it interesting the people on here jumping on someones ass on here beating their chest for the "right thing to do" then see some of them ratting on someone to managment trying to get brownie points. Nothing specific but a true observation.
I came into this company after you people voted my pay & benefits away.
I came from YRC after everyone there voted my pay & benefits away to the point that I couldn't stand working with the chicken crap workers that voted to "Live to fight another day" 4 times. Was also told by every suckass that was afraid for their job that I should quit if I didn't like it.

If it makes you feel better here is the correction:
I'm guessing they figured that 2% increase into the price they just paid to everyone that these employees voluntarily voted away.

Thanks for hijacking this thread about the company overcharging known employees on upack.

How about this, how about directing your anger at the people in charge that have something to do with what you are currently dealing with.
I always found it interesting the people on here jumping on someones ass on here beating their chest for the "right thing to do" then see some of them ratting on someone to managment trying to get brownie points. Nothing specific but a true observation.
I came from YRC after everyone there voted my pay & benefits away to the point that I couldn't stand working with the chicken crap workers that voted to "Live to fight another day" 4 times. Was also told by every suckass that was afraid for their job that I should quit if I didn't like it.

I'm guessing they figured that 2% increase into the price they just paid to everyone that these employees voluntarily voted away.

Thanks for hijacking this thread about the company overcharging known employees on upack.

First off, I would like to apologize for taking part in the hijacking of this thread. You have a right to be upset about that but why are you upset over this statement?

You knew this coming in so why gripe about it now? There are many of us that had no choice but get this jammed down our throats and you spouting off that anger our direction now when you chose to hire on afterwards is a slap in our face. In my opinion, you accepted that fact just the same as those who voted for it. And here you are talking about anger and jumping on someones ass while beating their chest. So just go ahead and try telling me that you werent turning your anger in the direction of "you people".

The people in charge? The people in charge of our wages & benefits are the people who voted yes or no for our current contract. Any problems with the above see anyone who voted NO. Their actions & they alone are the people to see for your income reduction. von.

In case people aren't paying attn., many new positions have been created, promotions of lesser knowns in terminals to meaningless positions. Lets not forget about the huge cost of Electronic logs coming as well as an intricate time clock system (fingerprints, barcodes) replacing paper log books and clockpunches for road drivers, not sure how city and UE drivers operate ( its coming ). But let the costs add up for sad give back speeches and to be backed by Hoffa supporting Union Locals.. Pay attn., its happening.

There are many that are paying attention but only time will tell just how many. There are many walking around with their chests puffed out now but like you say once those speeches start flying and when they start passing out free fear needles all around, there will be a whole lot of deflating going around.

Just find it interesting someone took one word out of everything said on here "which was meant to be funny sarcasm" get pissy about it & wonder why I dig back in kind.
Your dealing with a person that has a 9th degree black belt in Hide behind the keyboard karate.

Just find it interesting someone took one word out of everything said on here "which was meant to be funny sarcasm" get pissy about it & wonder why I dig back in kind.
Your dealing with a person that has a 9th degree black belt in Hide behind the keyboard karate.

Theres nothing funny about those who are upset enough to respond but dont have the heart to quote them individually so they have to make replies in general. Theres also nothing funny about those who cant hold their own in a debate so they resort back to the old keyboard cowboy expression as to insinuate that the other person has to hide behind the computer. Nice try but that expression doesnt hold water anymore, at least not with me because I dont need to hide behind anything or anyone. Just like it was a nice try to now say that it was meant as funny "sarcasm" after you were confronted on it.