ABF | ABF Freight System, Inc. Disagrees With Federal District Court's Ruling

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
FORT SMITH, Ark., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- ABF Freight System, Inc., one of the nation's largest less-than-truckload carriers, on Wednesday said it disagrees with, and is disappointed by, today's District Court ruling dismissing its lawsuit against the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and other parties for violations of the National Master Freight Agreement.

On August 1, 2012, Judge Susan Webber Wright of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas entered an order dismissing the case brought by Arkansas Best Corporation's ABFS -18.45% largest subsidiary, ABF, without prejudice. This case was originally filed on November 1, 2010, against the IBT and other parties including several YRC Worldwide subsidiaries for violations of the collective bargaining agreement covering most unionized trucking employees in the country. Previous to today's ruling, Judge Wright had dismissed the case but that dismissal was later reversed by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. ABF is studying the ruling and evaluating its options which include, among other avenues, taking a second appeal to the Eighth Circuit or refiling the case in the District Court. .....................

ABF Freight System, Inc. Disagrees With Federal District Court's Ruling - MarketWatch

Could one of the more adept Computer users here Cut and Paste the Docker/Joe Lawsuit debate from awhile back? :biglaugh: Just kidding....I was so hoping the Court would settle this once and for all. :duh:

Judy was counting on that win. Oh man!! ABF stock is toast. The court wouldn't do Judy's dirty work
Read it joe she is saying that they need to exhaust the grievance procedure first. Sounds more like a deal may be on the horizon. YOUR WATCHING THEM BROTHER ALWAYS!

Judy was counting on that win. Oh man!! ABF stock is toast. The court wouldn't do Judy's dirty work

Muler and I are kind of hurt that you didn't invite us to your celebration party Joe...lol

funny_man_dancing.jpg

Could one of the more adept Computer users here Cut and Paste the Docker/Joe Lawsuit debate from awhile back? :biglaugh: Just kidding....I was so hoping the Court would settle this once and for all. :duh:

Now Wolf...that hurt...lol

Read it joe she is saying that they need to exhaust the grievance procedure first. Sounds more like a deal may be on the horizon. YOUR WATCHING THEM BROTHER ALWAYS!
A deal??? I can think of nothing scarier for those paying Dues. :hide:

A deal??? I can think of nothing scarier for those paying Dues. :hide:

I sure can...like when Tyson spouted lies and an all out campaign to try and get the ABF Teamsters to take a 15% wage concession...that was the deal of the century.

No, there is a way to get concessions from ABF teamsters. One way. Ms. Judy McReynolds. You can't stop thinking about her
Again you forget we do the voting. We will not be lumped together this time. And the vote you will see will be ALL ABF Teamsters! YOUR ABF AND TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAYS!

Again you forget we do the voting. We will not be lumped together this time. And the vote you will see will be ALL ABF Teamsters! YOUR ABF AND TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAYS!

Like I said voting concessions down before a contract is one thing. Voting concessions down at contract time is a different animal. With all the hoopla about YRC teamsters ruined the industry and didn't push back strong enough against concessions..one must remember they were under a lot of pressure to do so even by the union. YRC was a cripple at the time. Jobs were at stake. I want to see how well the ABF teamsters stands up against pressure seeing ABF Inc is profitable and the IBT probably will not endorse givebacks. Judy has to put-up or shut-up about high labor costs and unfair YRC concessions

Like I said voting concessions down before a contract is one thing. Voting concessions down at contract time is a different animal. With all the hoopla about YRC teamsters ruined the industry and didn't push back strong enough against concessions..one must remember they were under a lot of pressure to do so even by the union. YRC was a cripple at the time. Jobs were at stake. I want to see how well the ABF teamsters stands up against pressure seeing ABF Inc is profitable and the IBT probably will not endorse givebacks. Judy has to put-up or shut-up about high labor costs and unfair YRC concessions
You seem to have a real fetish for Judy. She is a CEO that has guided her company in a responsible manner. We will come to an agreement that we agree on and not some outsiders. YOUR VOTING ON MY OWN FUTURE BROTHER ALWAYS!