ABF | ABF GIVEBACK POLL SEND THE IBT A MESSAGE

The problem here is we have young and old workers. The young have no history of working when times where really tough. The older worker can remember and know what all of this leads to. If we don't stop it now we will be take back 40 years when it over. We have worked far to hard to allow this to happen.

Well I for one can say no with a good heart. We are getting more two men del and turnkey del. Last week I had a two man turnkey over 30 pcs of office furniture. We had to unload, bring inside, unpack, setup and remove trash. This was a total of three complete offices of furniture with U shape desk and bookcases that had to be put together. We were there for over two hours putting all this stuff together. I also had 6 two man del of SOLE FIT (treadmills) last week that I did by myself without the second man. All of these were inside del, 4 were not on a liftgate, ABF is not going to increase my work load and ask me to take a pay cut at the same time. This is just what I did last week and I know they made money for all the extra stuff that was done by me!!!!

"Senator you can have my answer now, if you like.My final offer is this, nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally". :rant:

Now how did the IBT throw you under the bus ? All they are doing is bringing YOU the info and YOU and your fellow UNION EMPLOYEES get to vote on it ! The IBT is in a NO WIN situation . If they failed to bring this info from ABF management to the employees and the company went out of business what do you think would happen ?

[quote author=toytrucker251 link=topic=79130.msg823314#msg823314 date=1271811898]
SHAME ON THE IBT FOR THROWING US UNDER THE BUS.... :tribe: 15% IS PURE GREED AND FOR THE DURATION 2013 WOW!!!!
[/quote]

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79130.msg823318#msg823318 date=1271812792]
Now how did the IBT throw you under the bus ? All they are doing is bringing YOU the info and YOU and your fellow UNION EMPLOYEES get to vote on it ! The IBT is in a NO WIN situation . If they failed to bring this info from ABF management to the employees and the company went out of business what do you think would happen ?

[quote author=toytrucker251 link=topic=79130.msg823314#msg823314 date=1271811898]
SHAME ON THE IBT FOR THROWING US UNDER THE BUS.... :tribe: 15% IS PURE GREED AND FOR THE DURATION 2013 WOW!!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]THEY COULD HAVE MADE THEM START AT 10% AND IT WOULDN'T HURT AS MUCH WHEN WE BEND OVER FOR THEM

THEY HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME A BONUS WHEN THEY MAKE EXTRA CASH OR I ASSIST IN GETTING A NEW CUSTOMER SO NO I WILL NOT GIVE BACK A DIME IF I HAVE ANY SAY SO. THEY ARE GETTING A 2 MILLION DOLLAR RAISE IN THE FORT WHILE WE NEED TO GIVE BACK PICO RIVERA CA.150 BIG "NO" :chairshot:

[quote author=millhouse63 link=topic=79130.msg823958#msg823958 date=1272003119]
THEY ARE GETTING A 2 MILLION DOLLAR RAISE IN THE FORT WHILE WE NEED TO GIVE BACK PICO RIVERA CA.150 BIG "NO" :chairshot:
[/quote]

PLEASE don't spread false information. There is no "2 million dollar raise" anywhere. The filing you're referring to is setting the maximum salary possible (and currently none of the executives are within even a million or 2 million dollars of the new maximum)... They put out that PR because they had to because the IRS required it. Why on earth do you think they would put out the PR when they did? Don't you think if they had any choice in the matter, they would have avoided doing that sort of thing right before a negotiation? That's right, they did it because it was required by the IRS.

I do get what you're saying though... and I hope that maybe ABF will learn something from all of this and institute some form of profit sharing plan not as part of the givebacks but just in general. I think employees of all types would be more likely to be "generous" if they feel they've been given a fair shake.

Just my thoughts.

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79130.msg823318#msg823318 date=1271812792]

[/quote]
[/quote]

R-14, it may be because the ABF guys (from what I've read here and been told on the street by them personally) feel that when they went to the local meetings to give their opinions toward this issue as they were asked to do, they were told what they should think. The IBT seems to be forgetting that they work for the members and that they should listen to what they are saying to the IBT. From the info I have for myself the ABFer's told the IBT "NO" but they didn't want to hear it. I can't wait to see the members vote the 15% down and then the IBT will tell them to vote again and again until they get it right, like some of the YRC companies were made to do. I now understand that the "live Conference Call" that the ABF members listened to was actually a recording. It was the identical message that was heard by the locals and stewards a few days before the general members were allowed to hear it. Ask any YRC company employee about all of the false promises that were given to us before we voted, so many things have been changed after we voted on them. I for one am tired of hearing about "well that has been changed" or "well they can do that". I've also heard that the "me too" agreement that we were all told that ABF decided to sign on to has changed, now they didn't sign a "me too", they signed their own agreement. I remember that exact question being asked at our local meeting because some members were interested about if someone left ABF (or vice versa) and went to New Penn, Holland or YRC in the future, what would happen. We were told a few minutes later (after a call was made to the IBT during the meeting, after the question was raised) it would all be the same but it's my understanding that has now also changed too. Good luck to all of you ABF guys, I hope you all come out better than we did. We feel your pain brothers and sisters! When will enough be enough? I see that ABF's stock is trading around $31.00 to $32.00 currently compared to YRC's $0.735 but they want the same reduction in pay, lol, what a joke!

[quote author=ScifiFri link=topic=79130.msg823962#msg823962 date=1272005463]
[quote author=millhouse63 link=topic=79130.msg823958#msg823958 date=1272003119]
THEY ARE GETTING A 2 MILLION DOLLAR RAISE IN THE FORT WHILE WE NEED TO GIVE BACK PICO RIVERA CA.150 BIG "NO" :chairshot:
[/quote]

PLEASE don't spread false information. There is no "2 million dollar raise" anywhere. The filing you're referring to is setting the maximum salary possible (and currently none of the executives are within even a million or 2 million dollars of the new maximum)... They put out that PR because they had to because the IRS required it. Why on earth do you think they would put out the PR when they did? Don't you think if they had any choice in the matter, they would have avoided doing that sort of thing right before a negotiation? That's right, they did it because it was required by the IRS. feel they've been given a fair shake.

Just my thoughts.
[/quote]They are required by the IRS to announce it !!! They are NOT REQUIRED by the IRS TO RAISE THE COMPENSATION. they raised the ceiling because they want to be able to raise the comp plain & simple. Just like their have been no raises but the have been giving more stock options in place of salary raises & yesterday they payed out a 3 cent dividen on those stocks. mmmm let me see we are supposedly losing 10 million a month & we need to give back 15% of our hard earned legally entitled salaries while the the company pays out dividens on their stock & raises the amount of money the board of directors can make......I mean you can't make this stuff up

they really do believe we are just dumb truck drivers who will do what their told....

I,m a YRC driver so I won't vote on this pole I just wanted to say that here in Local 776 when we whent through our vote and meetings the Local union showed us all the information that they got from the two man meeting and clearly told us to do what we thought was best for us individually.Not one time did they try and tell us how to vote which is the way I think it should be. Show me the info and I will vote the way I want.

We need to remember that our Union leaders .. local.. regional or IBT are only instruments of Hoffa.This has been well planned,unlike many of The IBT's past mistakes.Some of these leaders we grew up with, they were our friends.. neighbors..co-workers,but when they take that office they are either in the club or not.They do what most of us would do not all, in like situations.I commend the few who would tell their ABF dues paying Teamsters NO! but they are few and far between.This one is up to us.They vote themselves new raise ceilings and call them not raises! and our so called Union Reps agree with them.(A pistol at their back?) I think so! I see it in their faces. Come back with an offer we can live with...Soon! Chowda

Wait and till they tell you the famous line like they did YRC ....We are being told If it doesn't pass they will close the doors. Good Luck ABF Teamsters we at YRC have made the battle uphill twice as tough for you.

When I accepted a position with ABF years ago, I recall how proud I was to be on the ABF team. I frequently travel around the county and get to speak with union and nonunion employees on a regular basis and have discovered that at the end of the day, we have the same core values and strengths. What separates ABF from the rest of the transporation industry is our culture. I am just one employee who enjoys spending time with my family, hunting, fishing, and taking pride in a job well done. I am nonunion but have the same ethics and pride as those who are. Unfortunately, the global economy has taken a dive and its impact has been felt all throughout the country. Personally, if saving my career means sacrificing a percentage of my pay, I will for the good of the company and myself. One only has to look at the last two years to realize that business levels are down and financial forecasts are not positive for the LTL industry. I will sacrifice for a small time to ensure that ABF continues to prosper and grow.

:stir:creative accounting 101 since Judy took over. Freight to move and outta drivers yet no recall, no using layoff casuals, just let it sit and the UE boys will get it next week and Corp will Lose $$ on reg. network as stated during the conference call. . This company tries real hard NOT to make a profit. Yet, OT on the dox! thats a head scratcher. Why is it the gurus at Wall Street stated on 04/22 that ABFS stands to earn $2.something in div'd for 2011? Them thar down in 'Razorback Country' must think we ARE really stupid...'Stupid is as Stupid does' to vote yourself a pay cut. This company made money by mistake in the past. ABF IS just a little indian, they could never play with the BIG boys, takes em too long to make a decision. Take note that a lot of the Ol' Timers retired @ the Fort Corp. office. Oh by the way, FedEx will pay more if this goes through. FedEx won.

ABFBowhunter I agree with you and I think many of your employees do to, but for the Board on one hand to ask for give-backs and then vote themselves a new pay ceiling,I'm sorry they spit in my face.The Financial situation with U-Pack does not escape us,even if the IBT decides to look the other way!I want to be on your team, but I've been there B-4,and my pride and common sense was stolen from me.This is why ABF for the last 7-8 yrs has been hiring outside of the Teamsters,for this day.Yes I am ready to lose this Job! This Time I will have my self-respect,pride and belief in my decision.Again ABF give us an offer wee can live with.Most of us are willing to give back,just not on these terms! Chowda