ABF | ABF GIVEBACK POLL SEND THE IBT A MESSAGE

[quote author=abfbowhunter link=topic=79130.msg824216#msg824216 date=1272081899]
When I accepted a position with ABF years ago, I recall how proud I was to be on the ABF team. I frequently travel around the county and get to speak with union and nonunion employees on a regular basis and have discovered that at the end of the day, we have the same core values and strengths. What separates ABF from the rest of the transporation industry is our culture. I am just one employee who enjoys spending time with my family, hunting, fishing, and taking pride in a job well done. I am nonunion but have the same ethics and pride as those who are. Unfortunately, the global economy has taken a dive and its impact has been felt all throughout the country. Personally, if saving my career means sacrificing a percentage of my pay, I will for the good of the company and myself. One only has to look at the last two years to realize that business levels are down and financial forecasts are not positive for the LTL industry. I will sacrifice for a small time to ensure that ABF continues to prosper and grow.
[/quote]

Clearly this guy is management :buttkisser:!!! this is the same crap our B/M tells us daily

The poll says that the majority of ABF is againest the concessions. It will be very interesting to see how it comes out in the wash. I remember YRC's vote was in the high 70% for no way but it pasted in the high %.

[quote author=Benny Hill link=topic=79130.msg823966#msg823966 date=1272010253]
[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79130.msg823318#msg823318 date=1271812792]
Now how did the IBT throw you under the bus ? All they are doing is bringing YOU the info and YOU and your fellow UNION EMPLOYEES get to vote on it ! The IBT is in a NO WIN situation . If they failed to bring this info from ABF management to the employees and the company went out of business what do you think would happen ?

[quote author=toytrucker251 link=topic=79130.msg823314#msg823314 date=1271811898]
SHAME ON THE IBT FOR THROWING US UNDER THE BUS.... :tribe: 15% IS PURE GREED AND FOR THE DURATION 2013 WOW!!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

R-14, it may be because the ABF guys (from what I've read here and been told on the street by them personally) feel that when they went to the local meetings to give their opinions toward this issue as they were asked to do, they were told what they should think. The IBT seems to be forgetting that they work for the members and that they should listen to what they are saying to the IBT. From the info I have for myself the ABFer's told the IBT "NO" but they didn't want to hear it. I can't wait to see the members vote the 15% down and then the IBT will tell them to vote again and again until they get it right, like some of the YRC companies were made to do. I now understand that the "live Conference Call" that the ABF members listened to was actually a recording. It was the identical message that was heard by the locals and stewards a few days before the general members were allowed to hear it. Ask any YRC company employee about all of the false promises that were given to us before we voted, so many things have been changed after we voted on them. I for one am tired of hearing about "well that has been changed" or "well they can do that". I've also heard that the "me too" agreement that we were all told that ABF decided to sign on to has changed, now they didn't sign a "me too", they signed their own agreement. I remember that exact question being asked at our local meeting because some members were interested about if someone left ABF (or vice versa) and went to New Penn, Holland or YRC in the future, what would happen. We were told a few minutes later (after a call was made to the IBT during the meeting, after the question was raised) it would all be the same but it's my understanding that has now also changed too. Good luck to all of you ABF guys, I hope you all come out better than we did. We feel your pain brothers and sisters! When will enough be enough? I see that ABF's stock is trading around $31.00 to $32.00 currently compared to YRC's $0.735 but they want the same reduction in pay, lol, what a joke!
[/quote]I thought Benny Hill was a moderator. Got to remember Benny Hill that R-14Driver was a, well he was a, uhhh, ummm, good driver. It's sad to hear that good drivers are not working, as much as they were promised when the voting took place, earlier before with YRC. To make a long story short ABF drivers, Vote No.

[quote author=clydesdale link=topic=79130.msg826965#msg826965 date=1273000923]
the yes vote is growing
[/quote]WHERE?? NOT HERE & NOT ANYONE I'VE SPOKEN TO. THIS WILL BE A WIN FOR ALL WORKING MEN NO ABF NO!!!

I SAID IT ONCE AND I'LL WILL SAY IT AGAIN LOCAL 89 LOUISVILLE ,KY. HELL NO. WE NEED TO VOTE ALL REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TEAMSTER'S THAT SUPPORT THIS B.S. OUT OF OFFICE NEXT GO AROUND. GOOD LUCK TO ALL MEMBER'S THEY TYSON F-YOU.

I'm so amazed that the Union and company are trying so hard to sell this as a job security plan. We should call it lets make more for the share holder's as the stock may drop when it fails. Plan B is vote until you get it right. Plan c is the same as b.Vote again.

[quote author=Bernard Shakey link=topic=79130.msg821630#msg821630 date=1271257898]
Everybody is a tough guy sitting at home hiding behind their computer. Then they act totally different discussing the issues face to face.
[/quote]
Hey Bernard, when I got my ballot in the mail yesterday , I took it to work and marked my NO vote in front of everyone in the break room just to show em how it should be done! It will be in the mail today.

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79130.msg823318#msg823318 date=1271812792]
Now how did the IBT throw you under the bus ? All they are doing is bringing YOU the info and YOU and your fellow UNION EMPLOYEES get to vote on it ! The IBT is in a NO WIN situation . If they failed to bring this info from ABF management to the employees and the company went out of business what do you think would happen ?

[quote author=toytrucker251 link=topic=79130.msg823314#msg823314 date=1271811898]
SHAME ON THE IBT FOR THROWING US UNDER THE BUS.... :tribe: 15% IS PURE GREED AND FOR THE DURATION 2013 WOW!!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]R-14 driver , the way the IBF threw us under the bus was to make us vote on this issue at all. They could very well have simply informed us of ABF's supposed difficulties and then take honest stock of our wishes instead of claiming "overwhelming support" from union members. As shown by this poll, there is no such overwhelming support!

Murray Babb (exec VP) visited the Sch - 034 terminal last week and informed us that if they didn't get the 15% ABF is asking for they will go back to the IBT and ask for 30%. If they dont get it they plan on shutting the doors. Then he very unprofessionally lost his cool and stormed out of the meeting. :hissy:

We have meetings with Wes Kemp and Robert Young today. Be interesting to see how they spin things! Not that it matters I still vote NO!

[quote author=arsluk link=topic=79130.msg827317#msg827317 date=1273086135]
Murray Babb (exec VP) visited the Sch - 034 terminal last week and informed us that if they didn't get the 15% ABF is asking for they will go back to the IBT and ask for 30%. If they dont get it they plan on shutting the doors. Then he very unprofessionally lost his cool and stormed out of the meeting. :hissy:

We have meetings with Wes Kemp and Robert Young today. Be interesting to see how they spin things! Not that it matters I still vote NO!
[/quote]Good for you guys at 034 !! they can't ask for 30% just the way yrc couldn't because the contract only allows a max 15% giveback
it was actualy the only thing the IBT stood their ground on !!

I also marked my ballot in our drivers room to lead by example & so nobody could ever have any doubt about lefty !! NO ABF NO !!!!

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=79130.msg827418#msg827418 date=1273110460]
[quote author=arsluk link=topic=79130.msg827317#msg827317 date=1273086135]

[/quote]Good for you guys at 034 !! they can't ask for 30% just the way yrc couldn't because the contract only allows a max 15% giveback
it was actualy the only thing the IBT stood their ground on !!

I also marked my ballot in our drivers room to lead by example & so nobody could ever have any doubt about lefty !! NO ABF NO !!!!
[/quote]WE HAD OUR MEETING THE OTHER DAY AND OUR REGIONAL VP SAID IF WE DON'T VOTE THIS IN THEY WILL COME BACK FOR MORE.... WHEN I ASKED WHY 15%???? BECAUSE IT IS THE MAX.. THEY PRETTY MUCH SAID WE HAVE TO DO THIS....OR NEXT TIME IT COULD BE 30%... SO TYPICAL OF OUR LEADERS IN THIS INDUSTRY....