ABF | ABF good or Just Okay Company

xasp61

TB Lurker
Credits
Just sent an app... 27 yrs trucking 10 in LTL Currently employed by FXF. Looking to get out....Is ABF a good move ????

Thanks for any advice.

Jon

Good company, because, for the most part,....we have good employees. Upper management used to realize who actually made the profit for this company,.....now I'm no longer sure they truly do. Most of the middle and lower managers do,....but I think that will gradually change over the next 10 years. Ask someone in ten years whether this is a "good" company, ...or just another rat-ball carrier that treats it's employees like dirt,.....and you might get a different answer........

Used to be a great company to work for. The membership changed that with our lost contract vote. Things are changing, and not for the best. Management is turning profits the easy way, by taking away from us, not earning it. But ABF just joined the crowd of other companies doing the same. We had a chance to stop it, but didn't, so the blame is on us. Health coverage is still above par. I hope we stand together next contract.

Just sent an app... 27 yrs trucking 10 in LTL Currently employed by FXF. Looking to get out....Is ABF a good move ????
Jon

Thanks for any advice. Twentyfive year's ago this was a great company to work for. We are still one of the best to work for. But the last few year's we like all the rest of the companies are now beholden to the shareholder's. And that mean's they come first we get what's left. I talk to many driver's that have moved to ABF in recent year's and they pretty much say the same thing comparing to the yrc companies R&L and yes some FXF OD and CNW. The biggest drawback is the vacation policy. Personally I'll be retired before the end of this contract. Yet I hope our member's wake up and realize they need to start getting their duck's in a row now to avoid another contract like this last one. All in all ABF is at this time one of the best ltl carrier's to work for. We'll see if the member's take a stand or just accept the misinformation passed along by both the co. & union.

Thanks for all the advice, I might just stay put. Hate to give up ten years and start over, out in about six more anyway.

Good luck to all.