ABF | ABF Implements Network for Expanding Next-Day and Second-Day Service

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
ABF Implements Network for Expanding Next-Day and Second-Day Service

(FORT SMITH, Ark., July 31, 2006) - ABF Freight System, Inc.®, has implemented a regional transportation network to facilitate next-day and second-day delivery in the Eastern United States. Called the Regional Performance Model, or RPMSM, the network features enhanced flexibility and operational efficiency for short-haul freight transportation.

The RPM network creates additional next-day and second-day service that reduces ABF’s transit for nearly half of the available tonnage moving within its boundaries. The RPM network also adds increased reliability to ABF’s current next-day and second-day service offerings. Operational procedures introduced with the RPM network also free resources, creating increased reliability within ABF’s national line-haul network, even though the networks operate in parallel.

"Tight capacity and evolving logistical standards mean customers are looking for reliable solutions for all of their shipments, including regional freight," says ABF President and Chief Executive Officer Bob Davidson. "Customers from Maine to South Carolina will automatically get consistent next-day and second-day service for regional freight simply by choosing ABF as their carrier-no special designations, no gimmicks. They get the rapid response and dependable delivery they need from a regional carrier, plus the flexibility, supply chain visibility, careful cargo care, attentive customer service and reliability they've come to expect from ABF.

complete article.......

So that is how you are going to get your trucks turned up??? :) Now I cant pass ya any more.:bicycle: :icon_dance:

hillbilly frog said:
hey hillbilly
remember when abf - carolina merged?
the cluster#*^@ :censored2: that occurred,
up here it was a mess.
my point is this, management better wake up and do this right as all our jobs may go down the drain if they do it wrong.:shifty:
so far it looks like they are depending on us more and more to get this thing going.
PSE guys are practically under no supervision as it has been described to us as basically a supervisorless shift.
only real problem i see is in manpower to service this growth that will occur
i don't know about anywhere else but abf has a problem getting drivers up here as they hired a recruiter for our terminal.
we are all maxing out in hours each week (city operation) so we are at our limits and the PSE freight hasn't arrived as of yet, there's some but not like is anticipated.
is it like that everywhere else?
KK got me the details of the COO by the way.:thumbsup:

Big Steve: It is like that here at 088 Athens-Gainesville. We are all running out of hours also and they cant get anyone hired. We had a meeting about this on Tuesday and they want to put 2 men on this PSE. Can't hire for the regular, how are they going to hire for this.:confused:

Big Daddy said:
Big Steve: It is like that here at 088 Athens-Gainesville. We are all running out of hours also and they cant get anyone hired. We had a meeting about this on Tuesday and they want to put 2 men on this PSE. Can't hire for the regular, how are they going to hire for this.:confused:
Its the same at 352 Avenel. They can't find any CDL qualified drivers that want to spend 2-3 years on the dock especially at the teired pay scale.

2631 said:
Its the same at 352 Avenel. They can't find any CDL qualified drivers that want to spend 2-3 years on the dock especially at the tiered pay scale.

the tiered pay scale along with the combo deal is finally biting the company on the ***

maybe its time they got rid of both, doubtful though
abf's policy has been do more with less but it is time they wake up and smell the roses

they can't find qualified drivers cause anyone in their right mind will not come into this industry for what they are offering
they keep telling us we (teamsters)are dinosaurs if so what are they?:censored2: :confused: :ranting2: :ranting:

Big Daddy said:

the only way they can add the pse bids is if they have the new hires in place
they cannot force any list men to the bid
you guys should try to hold out (no one sign the bids) until they fulfill their contractual commitment
they are so desperate up here that if you have two arms and two legs you're hired
cdl or no cdl:wacko: :watsup: :22:
by the way we have 4 pse bids
3 nite and one day pse
we do have 4 casuals working everyday 2 cdl and 2 non cdl

big steve and i do say big 4 casuals, two w cdl and endorsements 2 wcdl and no endorsements , meaning doubles and triples, hazmat ,and metal coils so get it rite lol:poster_oops: :bananalama:

Well none of us at 088 is interested in the PSE right now. They are already committed to hire one more for the regular board plus the two for the PSE. We will see if this happens.

2631 said:
Its the same at 352 Avenel. They can't find any CDL qualified drivers that want to spend 2-3 years on the dock especially at the teired pay scale.

Hey, are they still hiring dockmen over there? And do you need a CDL?

drgonzo said:
Hey, are they still hiring dockmen over there? And do you need a CDL?
Yes they are still hiring & yes you will have to get your CDL before they will put you on the list. But they will let you work as a casual and practice with their equipment . And they take you for your driving test.

2631 thanks for the come back on the other thread.

That thread was going off into another direction,before I could get back to you,and thank you for your bio.

I'll be watching,your posts so I may be able to add something later.

Untill then,my prayer is my signature at the bottom of all my posts.
Take care your posting friend Apostolic.

Big Daddy said:
Can anyone that has the PSE implemented in their terminal tell me what times these guys are running.
At 051WNS our PSE guy starts at 8PM. Some nights he only works the dock at our terminal all night but other nights when he does PSE work he gets at least 12 hours a night. Hope this helps.

By the way, at 051 right now we only have 1 PSE.

Harleydad

:bicycle:

Big Daddy said:
Can anyone that has the PSE implemented in their terminal tell me what times these guys are running.

our guys are starting at 6pm (3) and
one at 7am

in our area ny/nj depending on the local the start times may vary
other terminals have a 8pm start time

hope that info helps you:bicycle:

At PVD-047 we have one at 7:15PM. Another at 10PM, and another at 8AM although the 8AM never does any PSE work. That start is to retain the 3 bids for now.

jellybean said:
At PVD-047 we have one at 7:15PM. Another at 10PM, and another at 8AM although the 8AM never does any PSE work. That start is to retain the 3 bids for now.

hey jelly who came up with a 7:15 and a 10 pm start time, that is weird:surprised:
what area is your terminal in?
our daytime pse hasn't done any pse work either

Hi Big Steve,
I believe there are 13 terminals that meet in Orange Ct to swap freight, so depending on their stem time to Orange determines the starting times. For us in Prov. R.I., it's 7:15. The 10 P.M. start is a PSE bid that does a meet and turn with a Carlisle Pa. driver at New Haven Ct.

jellybean said:
Hi Big Steve,
I believe there are 13 terminals that meet in Orange Ct to swap freight, so depending on their stem time to Orange determines the starting times. For us in Prov. R.I., it's 7:15. The 10 P.M. start is a PSE bid that does a meet and turn with a Carlisle Pa. driver at New Haven Ct.

yeah we are one of them
but 7:15 seems weird so does the 10
i guess your management and your local get along for them to ok it
down here my local will not even agree to give them an 8pm start as we do have problems consistently with the tm
you would think management would learn a thing or two rather than be scumbags all the time:censored2:
our meet and greets so far have been to avenel
how are your core guys doing
we are inundated with freight
we are all maxing out hour-wise and have been giving mucho frieght to cartage
seems to be problamatic in other terminals also
new hire rate, abf strict hiring requirements,shortage of drivers and retirements all play major roles
the company's past practice of reduction thru attrition and their passing up hiring experienced preston, apa and cf drivers has come back to bite them on their big *** for sure
they are realizing that though now but it may be too late:wounded1: