ABF | Abf is asked to give back

I heard the same thing

I can understand the YRC guys voting yes. It's to save their company. But I do believe Newpenn is done in the near future. I hope I am wrong!! but I can't vote yes and give back money to the CEO's of YRC.
I predict a 80% yes vote by YRC and maybe a 60% yes by NewPenn. Our management told us yesterday that YRC said they will basically close NewPenn if we vote NO.. My opinion is they are closing us anyway yes or no wont matter

so if New Penn voted yes then it gives them more time for the economy to pick up and for YRCW to find someone to buy the company instead of putting alot of good men out of work........once the Yellow/Roadway intergration is complete they will be doing regional themselves thus not needing a regional carrier.......:1036316054:

check the facts

This is what I don't understand ..At New penn they figure our trailers at at least 13 bills per trailer to figure out how many guys they will use for the day..I believe Roadway is the same ,I can't speak for holland but I would think that is same for them,Yet when I see a yellow guy He goes out with around seven or eight and for the most part always empty around lunch in line to make pu"s ..Let see if someone can explain this to me NewPenn makes money Raodway makes money Holland and Readdaway makes money yellow losing money But we all have to take it on the chin I guess that's fair:TR10driving03: The worst part about this whole mess is we all are going to take it on the chin:popcorn:

Yellow,Roadway,New Penn and Reimer made money the last 2 qtrs....Holland has not .....107.0 and 111.0 .......that is a fact....that was why Holland wanted to do away with utility drivers they said that was why they are losing money.....Holland has been up for sell for the last year and no one wants to buy them even before the downturn......Holland is very dependant on the auto industry, if Holland doesn't make money soon YRCW will close them I am guessing:TR10driving03:

ok ...

just remember that ABF came to us years ago and said they needed a give back or they could not compete because of debt. Company wide it was turned down by over 90% and we still stayed in business so wait and see what happens. As far as givebacks not one company that ever had a give back is still in business today.

Name one time in the last 50 yrs where the economy has been this bad?....Nor since 1947 according to the reports from wall street..If you listen to the news and read the paper the world is in the tank right now Conway 2100 men laid off/ Fedex probably going to Lay men off/UPS 30% laid off/Citigroup 53,000 laid off/..............china getting bailout.....Japan....europe........The contract was written not just for the men but for the company........and under article 12 sec 2 it says that in time of economic distress that the company can reopen up the contract....how bad does it have to be for people to realize how bad it is..........:TR10driving03:

Its amusing seeing you guys fighting with each other..sorry,but there are way to many misinformed people...its like i'm watching an episode of springer...lol.....first it was the non union guys screwin you
now its the same union giving u the shaft....i cant wait to see how this one ends...

Good luck gentelmen

Name one time in the last 50 yrs where the economy has been this bad?....Nor since 1947 according to the reports from wall street..If you listen to the news and read the paper the world is in the tank right now Conway 2100 men laid off/ Fedex probably going to Lay men off/UPS 30% laid off/Citigroup 53,000 laid off/..............china getting bailout.....Japan....europe........The contract was written not just for the men but for the company........and under article 12 sec 2 it says that in time of economic distress that the company can reopen up the contract....how bad does it have to be for people to realize how bad it is..........:TR10driving03:

I don't know if you were talking about Article 12 of the NMFA, but if you were that Article pertains to Uniforms and does not even talk about Economic Distress. I think you may be talking about Article 39: Duration, Section 2. of the NMFA. Not trying to be a smart @$$ or anything, just making sure that anyone interested in looking it up goes to the right place in their contract book.:1036316054:

I notice

Its amusing seeing you guys fighting with each other..sorry,but there are way to many misinformed people...its like i'm watching an episode of springer...lol.....first it was the non union guys screwin you
now its the same union giving u the shaft....i cant wait to see how this one ends...

Good luck gentelmen

that this being your second post.........that you don't put your company or affiliation......sounds like management to me.And for your info most union guys don't blame the non union men they blame the company.......the men are just doing a job.....as far as the union scrwing me....no they are doing what they need to do for the retiree and for our future.......thus the word TEAM>>>STER......but that is the great thing about being a teamster.....we can express our selves to each other and to the company and not have to wrry about reprisal from the boss.........can most non union say the same?.........That open door policy goes only as far as the boss wants to leave it open........:1036316054:

Sorry

I don't know if you were talking about Article 12 of the NMFA, but if you were that Article pertains to Uniforms and does not even talk about Economic Distress. I think you may be talking about Article 39: Duration, Section 2. of the NMFA. Not trying to be a smart @$$ or anything, just making sure that anyone interested in looking it up goes to the right place in their contract book.:1036316054:

I was trying to think of it off the top of my head ...thank you for the correction brother .....:1036316054:.no offense taken