ABF | ABF Jobs

intelspa

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello everyone I'm a newbie and I have applied to ABF but they have not called, how long does it take to get a job interview with them, and are they hiring.

Hello everyone I'm a newbie and I have applied to ABF but they have not called, how long does it take to get a job interview with them, and are they hiring.

Either give them a call or go to the terminal and see what's going on with your app. If you go to the terminal, talk to the Driver Mgr. It also depends on how you submitted your app. too. I was told here in Chicago that they'll get your app. quicker if you apply online versus 3-4 weeks if you filled it out by hand. Hope you get in and best of luck!

Welcome to Truckingboards.com intelspa. Hope you get that job and we are glad to have you here.

This is just going to be my two cents on this issue seeing I work for UPS Freight.

I know in my area some of the older drivers at the union companies are going to retire as soon as they have their 30 years union credit.

All of their jobs will be open.
But for the most part its like any job your looking to get.
Your ticket is being in the right place at the right time.

Its always best to keep in touch with the management where you want to hire on at.

Thats one sure sign to show that your very interested in getting hired,and working for them.

Now this is just some advice from an old LTL trucker thats had to go through this process a few times.

Take it,or leave it I do wish you all the best.

Thanks for the word of wisdom, I am willing to relocate and I'm a hard worker. I a former U.S. Marine (ten years) I just want to get a job that can pay an honest wage for an honest day of work. I have applied to UPS, FEDEX, and ABF. I jsut got my CDL A with Hazmat, Tanker, doubles and triples endorcements. I know where ever I go I will have to pay my dues. so any help is appriciated.

Intelspa, you said you would be willing to relocate with that in minde Roadway KANSAS CITY is taking APS. for city, dock, yard, & road. Check there web site for more info. Don't forget Yellow & Holland, best of luck. Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Either give them a call or go to the terminal and see what's going on with your app. If you go to the terminal, talk to the Driver Mgr. It also depends on how you submitted your app. too. I was told here in Chicago that they'll get your app. quicker if you apply online versus 3-4 weeks if you filled it out by hand. Hope you get in and best of luck!

headrush does it help to know someone that already work for the company to get in.When i was doing my training,there were people that applied,but there was one guy whose fathernlaw work for abf that help him get in as a road driver about 4 months ago.I beleave it was the terminal on rt 30 chicago heights.

headrush does it help to know someone that already work for the company to get in.When i was doing my training,there were people that applied,but there was one guy whose fathernlaw work for abf that help him get in as a road driver about 4 months ago.I beleave it was the terminal on rt 30 chicago heights.

Yes, it helps to have someone in good standing to help get you into any company. If they believe that you're a good worker and are willing to put their reputation on the line, then use it if you can.