ABF | ABF Lawsuit

Docker the last person I would discuss the lawsuit with is joseph. He knows nothing and thinks he knows it all. ABF will have their day in court no matter who does or doesn't like it. Hell I even read a post where the guy was calling the judge that threw the case out a guy. If he had been following the case from the start he would have know it was a female judge that did so. All I would like to know from the great legal minds is why is there a NMFA? What is it all about? And why was it started. If you can answer those questions then you will see why ABF filed a lawsuit. YOUR JUST DOING MY JOB BROTHER ALWAYS!

Who is left in the NMFA? YRC, New Penn, Holland and ABF by force. The wages may vary, the pension has issues. ABF does not want TMI to represent them because they (ABF) have bad intentions in store for you

I don't know how many of you are lawyers with inside knowledge of he lawsuit but I know I am not. I still think that ABF filed it because they were trying to force the union to make us accept a pay cut.
I also heard that YRC wasn't supposed to use the 15% reduction for rate discounts but we see where that went. With the new contract coming up I think this suit will be dropped. Saying that. I also think that ABF will be STARTING the talks with the rate reduction and a change in the pension. I hope we can all (most ?) stick together and get a good contract for us.

Who is left in the NMFA? YRC, New Penn, Holland and ABF by force. The wages may vary, the pension has issues. ABF does not want TMI to represent them because they (ABF) have bad intentions in store for you
joseph you can't be that dumb. TMI is all the yrc companies. Can't you get that Thru your head. ABF does not want yrc deciding how they do business. After all how did that work for yrc? Years ago there was many TMI companies and they elected people to represent the best interest of all the trucking companies signatory to the NMFA. They are all gone except yrc and ABF. I know joseph why don;t ABF decide what happens in the next yrc contract. Other people can see how dumb it sounds for ABF to let only yrc company people decide what happens to ABF. Can you understand one little thing like that? And for your information the NMFA was started to do what yrc broke. To have a uniformed wage and benefit package as to not give any company signatory to the NMFA an unfair advantage. And that was what the NMFA did for the Teamsters trucking companies. YOUR UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS BROTHER ALWAYS!

joseph you can't be that dumb. TMI is all the yrc companies. Can't you get that Thru your head. ABF does not want yrc deciding how they do business. After all how did that work for yrc? Years ago there was many TMI companies and they elected people to represent the best interest of all the trucking companies signatory to the NMFA. They are all gone except yrc and ABF. I know joseph why don;t ABF decide what happens in the next yrc contract. Other people can see how dumb it sounds for ABF to let only yrc company people decide what happens to ABF. Can you understand one little thing like that? And for your information the NMFA was started to do what yrc broke. To have a uniformed wage and benefit package as to not give any company signatory to the NMFA an unfair advantage. And that was what the NMFA did for the Teamsters trucking companies. YOUR UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS BROTHER ALWAYS!

As far as ABF exiting TMI and paying you what you are really worth you need not worry. There are minimum wage laws to protect you. Remember in 2010 when they asked for your help when they were losing millions of dollars. They didn't forget it. There is a price to be paid for that. They will be coming after you the ABF teamsters. No one will have your back. The IBT has left the building

I often wonder had any of the failed union carriers that attempted "the ESOP plan", had they stayed open would have received the criticism that our (yrcw) companies recieve. Transcon. CF. I work for Holland (24 years) and hate what's happened to my union and company, but to point the finger at Yrcw as the sole reason our union failed is unfair. But in all fairness, we were the final straw that broke the camed back. Griz

As far as ABF exiting TMI and paying you what you are really worth you need not worry. There are minimum wage laws to protect you. Remember in 2010 when they asked for your help when they were losing millions of dollars. They didn't forget it. There is a price to be paid for that. They will be coming after you the ABF teamsters. No one will have your back. The IBT has left the building
We will still be Teamsters joseph. What did yrc do for us anyways? yrc is the one that should be glad for the minimum wage laws not us.
We will decide what we will work for and nobody else this contract. Besides yrc did just that over the last few years.
You need not worry about us your energy should be directed at your own previous employer. Their track record on how they treat their employees is far worse than any other Teamster company. So go help them straighten it out. I'm sure they would be grateful. YOUR 100% TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAYS!

I often wonder had any of the failed union carriers that attempted "the ESOP plan", had they stayed open would have received the criticism that our (yrcw) companies recieve. Transcon. CF. I work for Holland (24 years) and hate what's happened to my union and company, but to point the finger at Yrcw as the sole reason our union failed is unfair. But in all fairness, we were the final straw that broke the camed back. Griz
Griz it was not a ESOP at yrc it was a reopening of the contract. Under the NMFA a company could be granted a maximum 15% wage give back. Under no circumstance could any past company defer or pay reduced contributions. That is why they are now gone they could not pay the PENSION PAYMENTS! And also yrc was allowed to change some of the agreed to work rules and other agreements such as the taking of a weeks vacation the shortening of breaks and so on and so fourth. No it was not just a ESOP move. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

joseph you did not answer to post#43.
After all it is the reason we are in court today. YOUR WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY BROTHER ALWAYS!

Are you nuts? Every company has bad intentions, look what happrned to yrc give me 15% give me 75% of your pension so they could give it back to the customer. If I were you I would be very worried about abf negotiations it may have a very big effect on your retirement....

We will still be Teamsters joseph. What did yrc do for us anyways? yrc is the one that should be glad for the minimum wage laws not us.
YOUR 100% TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAYS!

YRC doesn't owe you anything. Everybody union gets a whack at it. It's your turn at bat. YRC bet big and lost big. Only you can stop the bleeding but you're a huge underdog. They still want the 15% with interest and new work rules

YRC doesn't owe you anything. Everybody union gets a whack at it. It's your turn at bat. YRC bet big and lost big. Only you can stop the bleeding but you're a huge underdog. They still want the 15% with interest and new work rules

Will you ever stop spouting off at the mouth about things you nothing about? Tell us Joe...just how do you know they still want the 15%...I'm waiting to hear your answer on this one...lol

Post your proof. Post a link. You can't because all you are doing is causing trouble. Nobody will know until we are given their proposal.

Joe how did you vote at YRC? You talk a good game, telling us to do this and that. You talk as if you know whats coming down the pike for us. If you knew all of this why didn't you inform your brothers at YRC or help them make a better choice at the time. So I guess you voted no on everything at YRC right. I stand behind my vote I voted no on our beg back at the time, ABF was sitting there with 180 mill in the bank. Nobody knew the recession would drag on and on or last this long. I am also not a fool and know that ABF will be looking for some type of relief. This could be in the form of wages, work rules or pension relief, we at ABF will have to come up with something we can both live with. I also know we have good leadership among our older teamsters members here at ABF, we keep each other informed and up to date. I just can't see giving away the farm, there has to be something we can all live with both us teamsters and the company.

Joe how did you vote at YRC? You talk a good game, telling us to do this and that. You talk as if you know whats coming down the pike for us. If you knew all of this why didn't you inform your brothers at YRC or help them make a better choice at the time. So I guess you voted no on everything at YRC right. I stand behind my vote I voted no on our beg back at the time, ABF was sitting there with 180 mill in the bank. Nobody knew the recession would drag on and on or last this long. I am also not a fool and know that ABF will be looking for some type of relief. This could be in the form of wages, work rules or pension relief, we at ABF will have to come up with something we can both live with. I also know we have good leadership among our older teamsters members here at ABF, we keep each other informed and up to date. I just can't see giving away the farm, there has to be something we can all live with both us teamsters and the company.
You see joseph a Teamster that is waiting for facts not BS. He has set a coarse and he will follow his facts not your BS. Great post truxforever.

Just out of curiosity.
When was the last time a contract was turned down and was revised and accepted without a strike?

Joe voted yes knowing he was retiring and would never have to worry about the effects of his vote. He's a pos that sold out his brothers. Joe isn't someone that you can count on to have your back in any situation. Spineless.

Joe voted yes knowing he was retiring and would never have to worry about the effects of his vote. He's a pos that sold out his brothers. Joe isn't someone that you can count on to have your back in any situation. Spineless.

johnny, you lack class. You're just a low class punk johnny. Your posts speak volumes about your low likfe

I'll drink to that :guiness: