ABF | ABF Mailings to Employees

D

Docker

For those of you that are growing very weary and irritated because of all the misinformation being mailed to employees's homes by ABF...you are not alone...there have been some that called Gordon Sweeton to voice their concern and he said what they are doing is borderline illegal and has an attorney working on it. Several have also called Fort Smith at 479-785-8700 and talked to Kay in marketing and demanded that their names be removed from this propaganda mailing list. Please let all members know this number and encourage them to call Ft. Smith and complain as they have no right mailing this crap to our homes and upsetting our spouses and family. Please tell Kay what they are doing is illegal to bargain or try to influence employees directly. Please feel free to call Gordon Sweeton as he begins on Jan. 7 to bargain with ABF and voice your displeasure.

I don't let them bother me and there is no influence or disruption here.

I don't let them bother me and there is no influence or disruption here.

To Me is is just propaganda, at this point I don't think they can change my mind anyway, especially with the worthless propaganda that I have been receiving. This is just to cut my wages, or benefit packages so the top can benefit from our cuts.

Well, let me say this and do not take it the wrong way. But at least ABF is keeping me up to date on what they want and feel they need. Unlike the International I have heard nothing about what they have proposed other than 1.00 hour over a couple years. They only want that to raise our dues and vote themselves another raise. What info I get here can only be taken with a grain a salt without documentation, no offense. So propaganda roams everywhere.

Well, let me say this and do not take it the wrong way. But at least ABF is keeping me up to date on what they want and feel they need. Unlike the International I have heard nothing about what they have proposed other than 1.00 hour over a couple years. They only want that to raise our dues and vote themselves another raise. What info I get here can only be taken with a grain a salt without documentation, no offense. So propaganda roams everywhere.

Point well made cooch064!!! I have to agree!

But they're flooding the terminal with their infernal posters and leaflets. "Information"....as it were...abounds. I think I'll call to have my address removed just as a statement.............But maybe not. They're keeping my Union Postal worker working.

I say that we start posting our own at work...that Dear Judy would be a great start! When they rip it down...just replace it with another.

I recently got the "Hoffa Scholarship" poster from the Union, and as a matter of courtesy, I asked to hang it back up where the old one was. For the first time, the TM balked. Said he had to check to make sure it was O.K. Never had a problem before with scholarship posters and other benign things the Union sent that weren't important enough to lock behind the Union bulletin board glass. I think he's miffed over my complaint about hanging "Contract Information" posters in the Men's room of the terminal. I told him that, in my opinion, the men's room should be neutral territory, and all he was doing was setting someone up for discipline for "defacing" one , or more of these posters. Actually, I'm surprised they've lasted several weekends with very minimal "defacing". I think that speaks very highly of the caliber of employee ABF has......I wonder how long a Union Contract Information poster would last in the bathroom? Maybe I should start putting all the information posters there...........