ABF | ABF Makes Bid To Bolt NMFA

I have returned Davidsons letter that he sent to my home and told him to please remove me from his propaganda list. I did it respectfully and pointed him toward the Teamsters if he wishes to negotiate a contract.

I am not miserable sir. I just have chosen not to believe everything that the propaganda machine is putting out.

If you really believe every thing he is saying is for the good of his fellow employees then perhaps you should just get your withdrawal card from the Teamsters and lay yourself at his feet and ask his forgiveness for ever being a part of those nasty old Teamsters.

You can research all of my post since I have been a member here and I don't think you will find one that "gripes" about the way things are here. I came to ABF and asked for a job. They did a very very good back ground check on me before they gave me the job. I accepted it under the terms that they and the Teamsters had agreed to abide by and I have done so. If I had not I would no longer be an employee. Mr. Stubblefield was the CEO and he was a very good one. I am thankful for the job and I prove it by doing it to the very best of my abilities.

I hope you have a safe trip with the "Customers" freight. You seem to have forgotten what the latest propaganda report was about.

I will haul their freight later tonight.

I really don't think my opinions mean any more or less than anyone else's do. This is the proper place to post them as far as I'm concerned. If people don't like them they can just not read them and move on or they may respond. If you are talking about the ABFatwork site with the round table for propaganda it's a waste of my time to try. They a very selective of the post they allow and if it fits the propaganda machines taste.

I listened to yours and respectfully disagree with you.

Hey taxi cab good post to the story. I just hope it dosen't pan out the way the story said. A big lost in freight would be bad for us all at this stage of the game.:1036316054:

Sweetheart Contract

"This move is also great news for non-union competition such as FedEx, Con-way, Estes Express, NEMF and others who will pounce on the unresolved contract situation with the unionized carriers to try and win more market share."

It appears as though NEMF's machinists union has done such a poor job of representing them that even the analysts consider them a nonunion company.

I've just got to know why if all of you are so upset about the upcoming contract negotiations and management not having your best interest in mind, why the heck are you still working for this company? I have wondered this for some time. The times they are a changin, and if you can't adapt see if you can find another company that will support your 1950's mentality. Also, think about all the people who don't even get a pension out there, much less $3000 to $2700 a month. All of your "woe is me" attitudes make me sick. And it's just ridiculous to sit hear and watch you write that Mr. Davidson needs to show you what he's going to concede personally. He's acquired the education and went through the hardships of where he's at today. Luckily for me, I've put into a separate retirement plan over the many years I've worked for the company so I won't be hurting either way. Just seems to me that you shouldn't sneer at the hand that feeds you. You can go work for any amount of other organizations and be much worse off.
SNEER AT THE HAND THAT FEEDS ME??? HMMM, I DONT EVER REMEMBER MR. DAVIDSON COMING INTO MY HOME, AND SPOONING ANYTHING INTO MY PIE HOLE!!!!!! AND BY THE WAY, I AM SURE THAT YOU DID KNOW THIS WAS A UNION CARRIER WHEN YOU TOOK THE JOB SO MANY MOONS AGO... PUCKER UP, AND GIVE OL' UNCLE "BOBBY" A :butt kiss: FOR ME!!!!!:smilie_132:

kbear2,

Members are concerned about their future and security. When one puts in a days work and is promised a pension in the golden years, I don't think it is too much to expect that the employers hold up to the contract terms.

If employers pull out of the pension funds now, there will be no early retirement. I feel that I work hard for my retirement income and I plan to use it and not leave it to my children. If you feel that you have a better pension plan, I would like to know how that works. Please explain.

I also feel that if we go for the employers proposal, the option of early outs are gone forever ...

not sick...just can't fathom why people are miserable and yet keep working for a company even though it's obvious that they think the people running their company can't make valid decisions. I mean come on...you surely had equal opportunities to be in management and have a hand in major decisions...but you chose not to...and in turn, gripe about the way things are. Me on the other hand—I have to go. No more posts for me. I have to haul my freight. Again one last thing...remember that it's easy to second guess the decisions when you aren't the one making them. If you think your opinions are the ones people need to listen to, post them where they count...or talk to Mr. Davidson himself.

just maybe we are not as gullable as you are
just maybe our butt holes are not as large as your's is
just maybe we would like a say in this process, is that so wrong.........................:butt kiss: :chairshot: :hysterical: :smilie_132:

Tyson Johnson at Nashville 480 Meeting yesterday. Said he told ABF that was fine to deal outside of the TMI. After he dealt with YRCW, he would offer them the "Same Deal", and if they did'nt want it, he would "Strike Their A SS"

I thought it was a negotiating session not just shoving an offer down the companies throat and forcing them to take it or threaten to strike. How would we feel if they offered us a weak deal and then told us either take it or sit through a lockout. It's supposed to work both ways negotiate not force something on the other party.
I'm also concerned about something else. While sitting in a terminal last week I overheard two drivers talking about how they don't care if they put the company under with this next contract because their able to retire now if they wanted to. I hope that is not how the majority feels because we will all be in trouble.

just maybe we are not as gullable as you are
just maybe our butt holes are not as large as your's is
just maybe we would like a say in this process, is that so wrong.........................:butt kiss: :chairshot: :hysterical: :smilie_132:

How can anyone actually sit down and professionally negotiate when people have attitudes and mindsets like that above.....

Who is not giving you a say in this process? Did someone decide that this is the way it is and that is that?.. Who is your representative? Has he or she discussed anything about what you would like to see in this agreement? Did they say you can't express your wishes/needs.

Instead of building up hostility and wasting time and energy posting stuff like this, why don't you get more involved in actually studying the current freight business/atmosphere, and working on how the two parties can come to a mutual agreement.

What kind of company would want to do anything for employees that think that way about their company?

To TC Holland; Strike, in todays business market??? It would be quicker and easier to just take all ABF's freight and distribute it to ODFL, EXLA, FEDX, RLCA and call it a career.

Below is a quote from the abfatwork site, I would encourage anyone to go and read and post any questions or issues that concern you. This is one example where one can go and play a positive role in working to an agreement.

"No plan can be implemented without IBT approval and no approval can happen unless ABF is given the opportunity to begin discussions on the subject with the IBT."

Mister Freight are you in management? If you are you may have permission to post quotes from the ATwork website but when I sign on it says that I agree NOT to do that as a prerequisite to joining.

Nope.

No mgmt here. I haven't posted there, just view the posts and responses. I have access but have not tried to post yet, so don't know if I can or not. Good question. I see where it appears that others have posted and received responses. I will see what I can find out and post it back here.

No mgmt here. I haven't posted there, just view the posts and responses. I have access but have not tried to post yet, so don't know if I can or not. Good question. I see where it appears that others have posted and received responses. I will see what I can find out and post it back here.
I have asked several questions and they have chosen not to post any of them. I really don't care too much what Davidson has to say to us "Fellow Employees" either.
What I was referring to was you posted a comment that was on that website and you are not supposed to do that according to the disclaimer you must agree to to get on the site.

I follow you now. I would say that I expressed my interpretation of a portion of a comment from that site. I would charge, that same information would also be available in a public forum.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, IF I CARE ABOUT WHAT "UNCLE BOBBY" HAS TO SAY, I WILL GO TO THAT SITE.... :1036316054: :smilie_132:

I can see that. You might want to rethink that as he controls the company that pays your salary.

Also the phrase under your sign on name pretty much says it for you...

In the last quarterly report, while I have to agree that the tone was a little like "we are the teachers, and you are the ignorant students", there were some good points made... Mr. Davidson said that the employees were "adults", and that he hoped that we could have serious discussions about our future... As adults, I really hope in the next few months we can listen to what all sides of this discussion have to say, and not resort to name calling... (If you don't agree with me you're either a union shill, or an a$$ kisser, depending on the point of view) It seems that there are people on this board who say "I've made up my mind on everything, don't go confusing me with logical arguments..." I really would like to be able to retire from ABF while still working under a fair and strong union contract, but the way things are going in today's unregulated trucking business I don't see much chance of that happening... I hope I'm proven wrong in the future...