ABF | ABF Makes Bid To Bolt NMFA

Looks like you are part of the brainwashed too.

Don't know about the rest of the respondents but my brain is just fine and I expect the others are as well. It is you that has a problem with the brain. Anyone who can be so easily swayed is dangerous. Sort of like Benedict Arnold who stood with revolutionaries and then went back to the wrong side when the going gets tough. I know let's all see who can work the cheapest and then when you are at the bottom you will cry, or are you just concerned about yourself and not others. If so you are not a good unionist anyhow and there is little hope for you.

Don't know about the rest of the respondents but my brain is just fine and I expect the others are as well. It is you that has a problem with the brain. Anyone who can be so easily swayed is dangerous. Sort of like Benedict Arnold who stood with revolutionaries and then went back to the wrong side when the going gets tough. I know let's all see who can work the cheapest and then when you are at the bottom you will cry, or are you just concerned about yourself and not others. If so you are not a good unionist anyhow and there is little hope for you.

Who is saying we are going to have to work cheaper/est?

Aren't the two parties trying to find a way to continue to allow us the continued benefits we receive now. In addition, trying to find ways to do that and continue to stay in business.

Problem with my brain is that I guess I can think for myself and see and understand the current transportation market. I have not ever said I agree with everything the company or the Union does.

When the going gets tough, the parties should team together and work to a common goal. Not sit around and bash management about things that you can have an effect on.

Part of this comes from, the parties haven't even started official talks about how a change can be made and we already have guys talking about a strike vote...

Is a good unionist one that sits by and goes with the flow all the way over the cliff? I have a long way to go before retirement, I don't plan on being one of the ones hung out to dry.

I don't remember bashing management. The fact is ABF is a good company no one is denying that. But if you give concessions to one company then you create an unfair advantage for that company over the other companies. Right now the playing field is level between the unionized sector and that is the way it should stay or you will create a race to the bottom. Why you cannot see that is beyond me. You simply cannot give one football team 12 men and the other one 11 men. The same applies to the freight companies if you give ABF relaxed work rules then the YRC companies will have to have them in order to compete with ABF and there starts the race to the bottom. After that the non-union freight companies will unilaterally relax their work rules and the fight will continue till we see who can do the most for the the least. Wake up!!

I don't remember bashing management. The fact is ABF is a good company no one is denying that. But if you give concessions to one company then you create an unfair advantage for that company over the other companies. Right now the playing field is level between the unionized sector and that is the way it should stay or you will create a race to the bottom. Why you cannot see that is beyond me. You simply cannot give one football team 12 men and the other one 11 men. The same applies to the freight companies if you give ABF relaxed work rules then the YRC companies will have to have them in order to compete with ABF and there starts the race to the bottom. After that the non-union freight companies will unilaterally relax their work rules and the fight will continue till we see who can do the most for the the least. Wake up!!

He ll, I am awake. That is what I am trying to get some here to do.

Do you work for ABF and Yellow?

You can't just ride the fence. (Well, I guess you can). This is about business, business is totally about competition not a social get together. (May have been years ago) ABF is competition for YRCW, YRCW is competition for ABF. FEDX is competition for both. ODFL, CNW, RLCA, are all competitors for each.

While some are concerned about the old status quo and trying to keep things equal between ABF and YRCW, the others mentioned above are eating our lunch, and will continue to do so. It will continue to get worse until we address the issues like "Uncle Bobby" is trying to do. If we don't then we can keep rolling until the others have enough that we can't manage the companies on whatever is left. Not doom and gloom just facing future.

Don't care what color truck I drive as long as the NMFA is intact. You are correct about one thing and only one thing and that is competition and the playing field must remain level for all union companies or there is unfair competition. The best organizing tool is a GOOD CONTRACT. Let the dummys who work for those other companies continue to work for less I ain't gonna do it, would rather eat dirt.

Don't care what color truck I drive as long as the NMFA is intact. You are correct about one thing and only one thing and that is competition and the playing field must remain level for all union companies or there is unfair competition. The best organizing tool is a GOOD CONTRACT. Let the dummys who work for those other companies continue to work for less I ain't gonna do it, would rather eat dirt.

Well, Green or Yellow, one or both has to be competitive with the others or we won't be around.

I don't like the way dirt taste. Gives me gas too. If one has to go, I don't want it to be the one I work for.

I don't feel that the marketplace is going to allow for the level playing field that you describe above. The ultimate decisions are going to be made by the shippers and not ABF, YRCW or Teamsters.

I can see that. You might want to rethink that as he controls the company that pays your salary.

Also the phrase under your sign on name pretty much says it for you...

Has anyone ever told you that we are the reason he has the checkbook to write the checks? Us poor production employees make it possible to provide a service to ANYONE.
Its about time we actually were respected for that.

That coming from you is a compliment. At least I have a brain to wash you mindless chimp:smilie_132:

Like I said in a response to Mikey, your posts like these too continue to support some of my previous statements.

If you have factual information that disputes mine then bring it here and share the reference.

Like I said in a response to Mikey, your posts like these too continue to support some of my previous statements.

If you have factual information that disputes mine then bring it here and share the reference.

bla bla bla bla bla, you have no current facts except that you stink like the manager you are. you have no support, even your jock strap went on strike cuz u stink.
you are still a mope:smilie_132:

bla bla bla bla bla, you have no current facts except that you stink like the manager you are. you have no support, even your jock strap went on strike cuz u stink.
you are still a mope:smilie_132:

Wrong, no manager. Also wrong, I have backed my statements with reference material that you can go and view for yourself, public info.

Your name calling still continues to prove some of my earlier statements about negativity...