ABF | ABF Makes Bid To Bolt NMFA

Robbed again?

Sorry if I seem a bit frustrated. I'm sure many are. This is the third company that i've had the privilege to drive for in my career. It seems like every employer that i've had yanks the rug right out from under it's employees. One of the main reasons that I chose to work for a union carrier. As a younger man, I would love to enjoy the benefits and work rules that my fellow drivers have enjoyed for many years. I realize and appreciate what my brothers have done to achieve this, and I am willing to put up a fight to keep this, but I'm a little confused to as to how? ABF seems to be doing things at will with no input from our side. My local seems very weak, judging from experiences in the past. They are more worried about what UPS is doing and seem very uneducated about our contract. I don't want to lose my pension and have my medical benefits screwed up. I already have a 401k that i'm growing to make up for the social security that I plan to lose also. Guess they're gonna have to pry my stone cold fingers from the wheel instead of a golf club.

I feel for you brother and I think everyone is on edge and doesn't like the unknown.

I also believe that most of this is truly out of our control and that being a Teamster will at least get us a better contract. Right now, I have enough years to lock in a union pension and go with a new plan, but what about new hires? Under the proposed scenario, I don't believe there will be enough money left in the plan to pay out to members that retire in 10 to 20 years. Therefore, for these reasons, I believe this proposed contract is worth a bigger fight than any previous contracts.

Personally, I hope to have my fingers pried from the handle bars of my faithful dirt bike rather than an ABF or any other truck ...

1994 strike

Brothers....you need to contact your Local BA and ask to see the 1991-1994 YELLOW FREIGHT NMFA that was negogiated when Yellow Freight pulled out of TMI before the end of the 1990 NMFA negogiations.....this ain't new.....been done before and Yellow came back into TMI before the 1994 strike.

Just a little bit of TMI history for you.....KK

ABF Pulled out TMI in '94 and we still walked the line for three weeks. I believe Mr Young was Chairman of TMI that year.

ABF Pulled out TMI in '94 and we still walked the line for three weeks. I believe Mr Young was Chairman of TMI that year.

abf did not and obviously could not have pulled out of TMI if young was the chairman
what happened back then is young got sucked in by cf and roadway on the hope of getting part time language in the nmfa that year
now abf is outnumbered by a group of carriers under the same parent corp
i think they learned their lesson:1036316054: :hide: :biglaugh: from that experience