ABF | ABF Negotiations Open

The new way of negotiating....let the current contract expire so the company gets a few more months under the current cut-rate deal. Company blames Union, Union blames Company for slow talks. When the "strike hammer" used to be a "real thing" we would have already been voting on the second offer by mid March....looking like July or August again.
no one cares what you think you company shill! No credibility whatsoever.

no one cares what you think you company shill! No credibility whatsoever.
Well I hope I'm wrong, but with ABF wanting relief from these pension obligations and wanting to put pension contributions into a 401k plan instead of a defunct pension fund I think they're going to push for it to go to a vote. Business agent couldn't say that it wouldn't happen, but was doubtful the IBT would let that go up for a vote, but didn't say it was impossible. We'll see soon enough.

Well I hope I'm wrong, but with ABF wanting relief from these pension obligations and wanting to put pension contributions into a 401k plan instead of a defunct pension fund I think they're going to push for it to go to a vote. Business agent couldn't say that it wouldn't happen, but was doubtful the IBT would let that go up for a vote, but didn't say it was impossible. We'll see soon enough.
They’ve always wanted relief from pension liability! Where have you been? There hasn’t been a contract they haven’t asked for pension reform or relief.

They’ve always wanted relief from pension liability! Where have you been? There hasn’t been a contract they haven’t asked for pension reform or relief.
In this contract it is going to be seriously addressed. The CSPF has shown it will be insolvent in 2025, and ABF is not going to keep putting money into it all alone with YRC paying 25% for the last 7 yrs. and O% for 2 yrs. prior to that. I'm telling you this is going to be a serious bargaining issue and one the Union is not going to be able to gloss over. It may take a while to hammer this out and it may take 2 or 3 votes to get it figured out. But, this has got to be faced in this contract by the IBT. I don't see any way around it. I think ABF has the leverage to make them change some things, and they need changing in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
In this contract it is going to be seriously addressed. The CSPF has shown it will be insolvent in 2025, and ABF is not going to keep putting money into it all alone with YRC paying 25% for the last 7 yrs. and O% for 2 yrs. prior to that. I'm telling you this is going to be a serious bargaining issue and one the Union is not going to be able to gloss over. It may take a while to hammer this out and it may take 2 or 3 votes to get it figured out. But, this has got to be faced in this contract by the IBT. I don't see any way around it. I think ABF has the leverage to make them change some things, and they need changing in my humble opinion.
No kidding? Yes 2014 omnibus bill did that. Tell us something we all didn’t know. If we vote for a contract with the lower payment then that’s what we will get. Like I’ve been saying to you, it’s people like you who give us weak contracts. They can shove us weak contracts all day long. We don’t have to accept them. God you are dense.

They tried that with carhaul for the pension, guess what we are (company) is paying full boat thru the life of contract and also they couldn't figure what it would cost for H&W for the last 2 years BUT would pay whatever it was. So if 2 union car haul companies can do it why can't ABF. Note Cooper was crying that it would kill them Shocker they are making money to this day. Same old dog and pony show ever time, and some of you have been around long enough to know better than to get caught up in the hype. "nuff said stay safe

They tried that with carhaul for the pension, guess what we are (company) is paying full boat thru the life of contract and also they couldn't figure what it would cost for H&W for the last 2 years BUT would pay whatever it was. So if 2 union car haul companies can do it why can't ABF. Note Cooper was crying that it would kill them Shocker they are making money to this day. Same old dog and pony show ever time, and some of you have been around long enough to know better than to get caught up in the hype. "nuff said stay safe

No kidding? Yes 2014 omnibus bill did that. Tell us something we all didn’t know. If we vote for a contract with the lower payment then that’s what we will get. Like I’ve been saying to you, it’s people like you who give us weak contracts. They can shove us weak contracts all day long. We don’t have to accept them. God you are dense.
Dense and in your opinion "all powerfull" to destroy contracts...I'm just saying what's probably going to get offered...you're going to get to vote....probably more than once! You will get to vote No probably at least twice...but I doubt you will get to vote to authorize a strike....just sayn'

Dense and in your opinion "all powerfull" to destroy contracts...I'm just saying what's probably going to get offered...you're going to get to vote....probably more than once! You will get to vote No probably at least twice...but I doubt you will get to vote to authorize a strike....just sayn'
I got to vote to strike last time sharp guy. ABF had a strike vote. On our current contract.