ABF | ABF or O.D. ...Which way to go?

Another false statement to be correct'd.We are to punch in at the time we are told to come in.Thank You!!!!Good Luck to who you choose.I would say that both company's are at the top.

Please! what's 30 min. i do not punch in to they tell me to..Corp. is cracking down on yard time'sThey are lucky that they only have to wait 30 min.before punching in.The term's are being watch'd for driver's being on the clock for period of time before leaving.They want us to be off the yard within 30 min. of punching in.Then we are allowed 15 min. everytime we come back on the yard.They are watching.Also if you forget to punch in that whole day that you are working show's you has being on the yard.Like you said if load is ready you can punch if not wait 30 min.I think he is being very nice.

This was your reply to someone asking of its true that p&d drivers have to wait to be told when to punch in of their run isnt ready.

Also,I quess you believe everything that you read off the internet.I do..:confused:
Sorry there Kenny P but you posted a while back how you dont mind reading the paper (quite surprised you are literate actually) and having a coffee off the clock waiting to be told when to punch in. So are you lying now or were you lying then?

Lord!!!you must have had to drag that one out&blow the bs of that one.:hysterical:.You go back &pull stuff from year's ago.This was related to term yard time.When your dispatcher tell you that your load will be ready&are told to come in at time told then you punch in at that time ready or not.I enjoy when mine is not ready&I go straight to the green kool-aid machine for another sip..
Please! what's 30 min. i do not punch in to they tell me to..Corp. is cracking down on yard time'sThey are lucky that they only have to wait 30 min.before punching in.The term's are being watch'd for driver's being on the clock for period of time before leaving.They want us to be off the yard within 30 min. of punching in.Then we are allowed 15 min. everytime we come back on the yard.They are watching.Also if you forget to punch in that whole day that you are working show's you has being on the yard.Like you said if load is ready you can punch if not wait 30 min.I think he is being very nice.

This was your reply to someone asking of its true that p&d drivers have to wait to be told when to punch in of their run isnt ready.

Lord!!!you must have had to drag that one out&blow the bs of that one.:hysterical:.You go back &pull stuff from year's ago.This was related to term yard time.When your dispatcher tell you that your load will be ready&are told to come in at time told then you punch in at that time ready or not.I enjoy when mine is not ready&I go straight to the green kool-aid machine for another sip..

So are you lying now or were you lying then? Either way you're a liar.

They even make their city drivers wait off the clock for their loads to be ready. Even if they came in on their report time. There is a reason for such a low OR

When I ran city I clocked in at my start time, then waited on the clock if load was not ready.

I like knowing what time I'm going to start for the entire bid cycle. It's bad enough that we don't know when we're going to get done work they don't need to add meddling with my start time.

I like knowing what time I'm going to start for the entire bid cycle. It's bad enough that we don't know when we're going to get done work they don't need to add meddling with my start time.

At my Terminal we bid start times, don't know about others, I do know if you are extra then of course you get told what time to come in. The only time they called me in later was if freight was late.

Sorry there Kenny P but you posted a while back how you dont mind reading the paper (quite surprised you are literate actually) and having a coffee off the clock waiting to be told when to punch in. So are you lying now or were you lying then?
Once again you don't work for them! They don't make p&d drivers wait off the clock for there loads! So who ever told you that is lying to you!

It does seem like they are told not to talk to us.

It does seem like they are told not to talk to us.

Why should they??Seems everyone is an expert on OD policy,whether you work there or not.Look at the op(ABF or OD)and look at who chimed in.I can understand why some may hate the company they work for,but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.If anyone is anti-union,OD would be an excellent choice to work for.Seems they really are having no problem getting drivers to climb aboard from other companies,unlike some companies,from what I read on these boards...Also,if being an OD employee was that bad,im sure some rogue ID would be made up to show how they feel...ABF and OD would probably be good jobs,its just too bad outsiders had to put their two cents in..

But the guys I see on a day to day basis seem to be a little introverted and I have never downed them or done them wrong. Is it that their gun shy from previous encounters with others?

Why should they??Seems everyone is an expert on OD policy,whether you work there or not.Look at the op(ABF or OD)and look at who chimed in.I can understand why some may hate the company they work for,but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.If anyone is anti-union,OD would be an excellent choice to work for.Seems they really are having no problem getting drivers to climb aboard from other companies,unlike some companies,from what I read on these boards...Also,if being an OD employee was that bad,im sure some rogue ID would be made up to show how they feel...ABF and OD would probably be good jobs,its just too bad outsiders had to put their two cents in..
Wouldent be much of a message board if people dident put their two cents in....

Wouldent be much of a message board if people dident put their two cents in....

My bad,I thought the thread title was ABF or OD...oh wait a minute.

Maybe the OP should have went to the Conway or Estes board for advice on ABF-OD.

My bad,I thought the thread title was ABF or OD...oh wait a minute.

Maybe the OP should have went to the Conway or Estes board for advice on ABF-OD.

Because in the past these people had words in the past & the can't remember what they post ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the original poster,to answer any questions you may have about either company,I would pm abfer-ABF or JIM BOB-OD.Im sure both would be more than willing to truthfully answer any questions you might have.

To the original poster,to answer any questions you may have about either company,I would pm abfer-ABF or JIM BOB-OD.Im sure both would be more than willing to truthfully answer any questions you might have.

Just watch out what you say about O.D.to JimBob because he might band you.He's a very sensitive guy you know.