ABF | abf pulling roadway pups out of chicago

little indian 1

TB Lurker
Credits
Whats the story behind abf pulling roadway pups out of chicago? balancing the trl pool? and power pool? just curious weve got drivers here at roadway freaking out.rumors are flying

little indian 1 said:
Whats the story behind abf pulling roadway pups out of chicago? balancing the trl pool? and power pool? just curious weve got drivers here at roadway freaking out.rumors are flying
What's the matter little indian 1, do they think ABF is buying you guys out?:rolleyes:

The thing to find out is....who's freight is on the trailers. I'll bet that it's ABF's freight. Ask a supervisor to run the trailer #'s in the computer.

stldude44 said:
The thing to find out is....who's freight is on the trailers. I'll bet that it's ABF's freight. Ask a supervisor to run the trailer #'s in the computer.
allready did computer said the trls were deadlined in chicago, the freight was abf with seals

We move a lot of other companies trailers thru Winston 051. Just the last two weeks we have loaded 48 ft. vans that were sold to another company in Georgia but we loaded our freight on them to send it to Atlanta to be unloaded then sent on the the buyer. I personally picked up three of these trailers myself from a local trailer refurbish and repair company.
I have seen USF, Watkins, even Old Dominion trailers come thru our terminal over the last 8 years. I think all of the companies do this as a way of moving their trailers from the manufacturing location to the final destination wherever it may be.:tribehasspoken: And it makes sense that if we are going to move it then we are going to load it!!!

You are right that is what is going on here .
We at FXF also have had ABF deliver our trailers to us also , as they move them they also move the frt. It is all good don't worry .

UnionTrucka said:
but why were they in Roadway's trailers ? i've never heard of this.
Never heard of this ?? Whose freight is in a Wilson trailer when it leaves the S. Kearny yard on the way to Elkridge ? Whose freight is in a Glen Moore trailer when it leaves Billarica and is going to Camp Hill ... ????
Not to mention all those Holland trailers heading west across the thruway being pulled by the big green trucks, and not ABF green either.
This has been going on and explained for years now .... other companies always move other equipment for a number of reasons.

flstc2000 said:
Never heard of this ?? Whose freight is in a Wilson trailer when it leaves the S. Kearny yard on the way to Elkridge ? Whose freight is in a Glen Moore trailer when it leaves Billarica and is going to Camp Hill ... ????
Not to mention all those Holland trailers heading west across the thruway being pulled by the big green trucks, and not ABF green either.
This has been going on and explained for years now .... other companies always move other equipment for a number of reasons.

hey i've only been in the frt. industry for 5 yrs. im learning baby. trust, there are tons of guys that have never heard of this either.

We had several "NEW" Covenant Transport trailers come through our terminal (USF Holland) last year in route to Chattanooga, Tennessee. Some were loaded and some were empty until we loaded them with "our own" freight. New trailers are sometimes delivered to companies by using them to move your own freight while you are also delivering them to the customer. If the Roadway trailers are new and are being delivered that is more then likely what is going on. If they are old trailers they may have been sold to another company and ABF is merely delivering them. But who knows, the only way to be sure is to check with the hall and find out.

OD moves trailers too.Like above we have had vans come in from chicago on the rail that were someone elses that had our freight on it and delivered to them empty.Doesn't Yellow deliver trailers for Wabash no matter who's name is on the trailer?

That's easy,Roadways got too many pups in the Chicago area.ABF has the freight so they use RD's pups to take the freight to where R D needs pups.RD gets their pups where there needed ABF gets to use someone else equip. to do it.Happens all the time.

You guy's better start worrying about other more important things than that.Sometimes a customer may request that a certain company delivers their freight.How long have you guys been in the freight busness anyway?

but why were they in Roadway's trailers ? i've never heard of this.

We move other companies trailers all the time.
I have pulled FedEx ,Central Transport, for ABF. The looks you get are the best. It is trailers that need to be moved from point A to point B they pay we move. There was 6 sets of Yellow trailers at 003 they were empty being moved west.
034 gets Roadway trailers allot and since we are next to the Roadways lot it always causes a stir. There was a Yellow set at 034 also it was being moved dont know if it was empty.