ABF | ABF Responds

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
FVmO0pf.jpg

izKeVxR.jpg

Well... IMO... this just goes to show you that the IBT and company will be working together once again to get this contract passed. They will be teaming up and trashing Sean O'Brien and trying to get everyone to sell out the New England Teamsters. This also shows me that that TM in Winston wasn't lying when he said that the IBT wanted ABF to show everyone that 4th Quarterly Report video.

I just hope the members start waking up and open their eyes to see how both... the company and IBT will be trying to manipulate them once again. Hell... they already have many members convinced that their pensions won't be around when they retire. Well guess what... they won't be if you keep allowing yourself to be brainwashed and manipulated into thinking your pensions are hopeless. After all... they will be counting on and needing dissension among the ranks to get this thing passed.

I just hope that people keep an open mind when they listen in on Ernie's conference call. And if they do that... it just may become obvious to see how they will be both... selling this contract and selling out some of your Brothers and Sisters. After all... you don't have to sell a good contract... a good contract sells itself.

But... just like company spokesman turncoat... they're not telling the whole truth... and here was my reply to him...

Why don't you try telling the whole story there turncoat? How about saying that ABF had the chance to either transition to a new liability payment pool which would of reduced the value of each member's pension by about $9,000 per year.. like UPS and other Teamster's employers have done or continue paying an 8-percent-a-year increase to maintain the status quo.

That's right... it made financial sense to UPS which got out from under a heavy withdrawal liability and given more than 50 years with which to make those payments. So UPS decided it was best to pay that $1.2 billion in withdrawal liability by entering an agreement to pay the withdrawal liability in annual $43 million installments over 50 years.

But guess what... ABF said hell no because those greedy and arrogant POS thought they could eventually find a way around that withdrawal liability just like YRC... by way of contract negotiations. How about just try thinking sometimes before you just spout off? This way there's less of chance of you showing your ignorance... not much... but someone like you needs to take advantage of everything you can in order to not look foolish and ignorant. You know... It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

If you did take a moment or two and think and know your history along with spending some time doing a little research... you might just come to the conclusion that ABF went after the wages... vacations and less stringent work rules last contract and now coming for the Health & Welfare and Pension. That's right... they now give you that vacation back that you gave them in the first place... get that raise you were supposed to get in 2013 and you act like you just hit the jackpot and could care less about anything else... right? You are a damn fool!

But this doesn't surprise me one bit about you seeing how you voted to give away the farm at YRC right before you left then came to ABF and voted to give away their farm too.

5728743784.jpg

Imagine that... ABF would of preferred to release the terms immediately... yep... sounds like they are proud of it to me.

They also say that it's inappropriate that a Teamster official is seeking to influence the members...but what they really mean is... everyone is supposed to wait for that right Teamster official to influence the members... which will be Ernie come Thursday night.

It's amazing just how stupid and gullible we really are... lol

Or is it that they think they are really that clever and above us?

But... just like company spokesman turncoat... they're not telling the whole truth... and here was my reply to him...
First I noticed nobody signed the ABF letter. Who is it from? The letter states it would be inappropriate to discuss anything about the t.a. out of respect for the process. Then because Mr. O'Brien made a preemptive suggestion to his members ABF feels they now have the right to release a two page very detailed position paper. So much for respect for the process. I think this is the corporate equivalent of going over someone's head. The I.B.T. should now release the t.a. in it's entirety to talk directly to the members the same as ABF did. Imho

First I noticed nobody signed the ABF letter. Who is it from? The letter states it would be inappropriate to discuss anything about the t.a. out of respect for the process. Then because Mr. O'Brien made a preemptive suggestion to his members ABF feels they now have the right to release a two page very detailed position paper. So much for respect for the process. I think this is the corporate equivalent of going over someone's head. The I.B.T. should now release the t.a. in it's entirety to talk directly to the members the same as ABF did. Imho

You're right jimk849... just like all propaganda... no one ever signs those ABF Contract Straight Talks that come out.

You're right jimk849... just like all propaganda... no one ever signs those ABF Contract Straight Talks that come out.
PAY A GOOD RATE OR LOCK THE GATE!! Have y'all noticed that Bubby Gump and his bubba friend, Turncoat seem to have disappeared since "the gang" came back..
My motto to them as always, " it is better to be thought a fool than to type/post and remove all doubt" ...oh well, gotta go punch in in about an hour...by the way, when I got back from my 2 (sick) days last week, nothing was asked.

ABF never did respond to that Old School Straight Talk about Judy's fudged up 70% in wages and benefits when in reality it was 56.5% and that's also with salaries included. I know of at least one copy that was faxed to the Fort with the statement being made that they will have a reply within a couple of hours... that's been three weeks now.

That's right Judy... smart move... just remain quiet and hope it all goes away because she knows that's indisputable and damages her credibility... no matter how deceptive she is.

Divide and Conquer.........ABF's so-called response to Sean O'Brien's recommendation to vote "no" seems too.......staged,....if you know what I mean......

ABF had no problems with MEPFs for,.....oh,.......50 or so years.........and now, they are demonizing any Teamster who happened to work for a carrier that went defunct in the last 20 years.

ABF had no problem hiring the guys who were looking to stay in MEPFs..........bringing their experience and training with them. This allowed ABF and other carriers to forgo establishing training and apprentice programs, like other industries had. Big cost savings,.......and they figured they had a permanent stream of highly trained, slightly desperate Union guys who would be ....."eternally"...grateful to continue their pension continuity.

They took advantage of every employee whose carrier had closed,...by negotiating two-tier pay scales,....and "casual, preferred casual, new-hire" hoops for guys to jump through,......and .....dangle..... for years, trying to keep their personal pension time intact. ABF knew this,....and took advantage of those guys.......and banked that money they should've spent on training and apprentice programs....

The last contract, ABF admitted that 75% of their employees were within 5 years of retirement.....Now the chickens come home to roost,..........and the short-sightedness of merely waiting for the next carrier to close it's doors,...to create a pool of desperate,...EXPERIENCED AND TRAINED......"new-hires"...that they could cheat out of 10% of their wages while in wage progression........well,....now all that corporate stinginess comes to fruition.....

ABF benefitted from MEPFs,.........and now,....when the MEPFs...AND their former employees need ABF's support.........the corporate strategy is to.....slice off....that....ummm..."unprofitable" branch...

Easy to ignore that "slicing off" means cheating employees and families and widows and family beneficiaries out of something they were promised 30 - 40 years ago. They don't "see" the faces of the people they are trying to.....cheat.
Easier if they think of it in only "dollars and cents".......instead of wreaking economic disaster on families......

By the way,........I don't think there's a single Teamster out there who has worked for ABF, and ABF only,...for their entire career......That makes us ALL..."orphans"....to some degree, in ABF's eyes......

your right kk... I wish the yrc guys hadn't had started this trend.
I wished they had listened too...
they did the 1st NO vote, and had they voted NO the 2nd time we may have been able to get a MOU that gave us back our 15% over the 5 years MOU...But they did not....so y'all better listen up this time and vote NO to ANY concessions or you will be crying the blues for 5 more years too because a lot of those who voted yes for the MOU at YRCW quit later and came to work for ABF and stuck us with this ::shit:: until 2019!

By the way,........I don't think there's a single Teamster out there who has worked for ABF, and ABF only,...for their entire career......That makes us ALL..."orphans"....to some degree, in ABF's eyes......
Canary, I agree with you 99.9% . However I hired into ABF in 1985, and retired in 2016 at the age of 57 with 31 years contributed to the CSPF. I had 2 other jobs prior to ABF that were under a white paper contract, and did not contribute to the pension fund. I know how fortunate(LUCKY) I was, compared to my fellow co-workers (some of them working for 4-7 different employer's). I was never laid-off, or had a break in service (I was truly blessed).

I think their are very few employees that have spent their entire career at ABF, but a very small percent does exists. With that said, the so called "ORPHANS" worked just as hard & just as long as anybody else to earn their pension!

I wished they had listened too...
they did the 1st NO vote, and had they voted NO the 2nd time we may have been able to get a MOU that gave us back our 15% over the 5 years MOU...But they did not....so y'all better listen up this time and vote NO to ANY concessions or you will be crying the blues for 5 more years too because a lot of those who voted yes for the MOU at YRCW quit later and came to work for ABF and stuck us with this :::shit::: until 2019!
I don't want anything to happen to anyone's retirement, but why is it that Abf is supposed to absorb the cost of yrc and others insufficient contributions?

I don't want anything to happen to anyone's retirement, but why is it that Abf is supposed to absorb the cost of yrc and others insufficient contributions?

Let me guess ... you believe everything you read in the ABF Straight Talk... don't you?

I bet that you still believe Judy when she said that 70% of ABF's costs are in wages and benefits too!!! After all... if Judy said it... it must be true... right?

Do you know anything... anything at all... about the New England Teamster's Hybrid Plan?

Let me guess ... you believe everything you read in the ABF Straight Talk... don't you?

I bet that you still believe Judy when she said that 70% of ABF's costs are in wages and benefits too!!! After all... if Judy said it... it must be true... right?

Do you know anything... anything at all... about the New England Teamster's Hybrid Plan?
No..tell me

Go find it for yourself... it's on this forum. Then you can you say you actually did something productive for a change instead of just looking like a dumb ass troll.
Haha! Damn dude , you sure have a hell of a way of communicating to us into what your selling. Judy 1 / docker 0.

Haha! Damn dude , you sure have a hell of a way of communicating to us into what your selling. Judy 1 / docker 0.

If you have something to get off your chest... let's continue this over on that thread.

I'm just going to be straightforward with you... you are a POS troll to which I haven't the tiniest bit of respect. How can anyone respect a grown man that can't even stand up for himself.

And let me also say... you are in no way considered one of "us". You are simply known as Judy's boy... lol