ABF | ABF Responds

Let me get this staight, we vote yes for pay cuts and vacation cut , and vote no for raises and vaca reinstatement ......ok I got it now

Let me get this staight, we vote yes for pay cuts and vacation cut , and vote no for raises and vaca reinstatement ......ok I got it now
You’re not getting the big picture. First off, IMO YOU NEVER ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER!!! They can do much better. Dude, are you drowning in debt and simply can’t afford to hold out? Are you afraid of a rolling strike? With members like you it’s easy to see why the Teamsters find themselves in the position they are today.

Last edited:

There you go again... showing your stupidity and ignorance and if you don't understand that by now... there's no use even trying to explain that to morons like you because you will always find away to justify the yes vote in that compliant and feeble mind of yours.

Yep... you get that vacation back that should of never been given in the first place and you get that raise that you should of been getting in 2013 by just trading it for another concession and you act like you just hit the jackpot. You really are a damn fool!

Let's also get this straight... it's not "we" that voted for the pay and vacation cuts... just the weak... gullible and fools like yourself!

It's this board that said " not another dime ". It'd never be enough for some of you. Why do we give our dues Money to a union that we don't trust with our contract? Contradicting yourselves with every post

There you go again... showing your stupidity and ignorance and if you don't understand that by now... there's no use even trying to explain that to morons like you because you will always find away to justify the yes vote in that compliant and feeble mind of yours.

Yep... you get that vacation back that should of never been given in the first place and you get that raise that you should of been getting in 2013 by just trading it for another concession and you act like you just hit the jackpot. You really are a damn fool!
also as I read the common clause for western states article 50 where did the computation for vacation pay go. Looks like we just get straight time for vaction???

It's this board that said " not another dime ". It'd never be enough for some of you. Why do we give our dues Money to a union that we don't trust with our contract? Contradicting yourselves with every post

There you go with that we again... you are not "we"... you are a weak... lily-livered POS that wouldn't be able to stand up and fight... even if your life depended on it.

also as I read the common clause for western states article 50 where did the computation for vacation pay go. Looks like we just get straight time for vaction???

That wouldn't surprise me at all... I just hope that everyone reads every detail in their supplement before even considering a yes vote because if it was to pass... they will have nobody to blame but themselves when they do find out they got screwed.

There you go with that we again... you are not "we"... you are a weak... lily-livered POS that wouldn't be able to stand up and fight... even if your life depended on it.
My first post and this is how you respond. Should I have worded it. Look at article 50 there's no computation language

First off nobody tells me what to do... and that's the point you're missing. And here's another point your missing... the company has the IBT's blessing to attack a union leader... so just how sad is that? The IBT also wanted the company to show the members the company's propaganda video. I could go on but the point is... you don't know squat what has been going on for the last 8 years between ArcBest... the IBT and the members... but yet come here and try telling me what the hell to do. Yes... you quote me... and try giving me an order to do what I have been doing all along... jumping all over Arcbest and the IBT for almost a decade now. All that does is show me your ignorance and makes you an ass in my book.

You say that when a company tries to attack a Union leader that you attack back... that's asinine!!! Junior... Gordy... Turncoat Tyson... and now Ernie are nothing but POS who I would never defend!!! It's members like you that makes the non-unions think that all of us do nothing but blindly follow our leadership. How about waking the hell up and take a good look at what has been going on in the last decade. The IBT has been making fools out of all of us... and that includes ABF and YRC Teamsters both. Do you think that the non unions are stupid and don't see what is going on?

If you really want to express you anger properly... how about expressing it at the IBT first and foremost!!! After all... both the IBT and the company are teaming up when attacking Sean O'Brien... another thing that the non unions have been watching. I don't know where you're from but where I'm from... that makes the IBT the lowest of lows!!! Members like you are going to have to start opening your damn eyes and quit following blindly if we ever want to stand a chance of organizing more of the non unions and getting them on board because they have their eyes wide open!!!
I have to disagree to a certain point on blaming all on the International. Coming from a former BA perspective more goes to the locals more than anything. Your freight director really doesn’t know what goes on at the terminals due to your state panels either settles grievances or send back to both parties for resolution. Rarely do you see a grievance deadlock that would really create drastic change in their operations, to be handled at your region committee hearings. Those guys don’t want another panel to solve their problems all the time makes them look bad. They rather kick back to both party to resolve with the intent of issue not arising again. So your region director doesn’t know of issues to get the international involved if to those committees. For instance I have a strong distaste for the vague subcontractor language, but Ernie probably looked at the books and seen only nationwide the company is only using shiny wheels no more than 2%. He doesn’t know if a certain amount of terminals or regions have shiny wheels at lets say 30% or road drivers are getting the shorter end of miles than at your big Road barns. Of course the company won’t provide it. That falls on the president or BA of that local to provide the numbers at meeting like yesterday to show the committee how their out suffering due to weak language and needs more protection. Now on the international turning nose up to what they do know and are absent due to political reasons horse trading which is supposed to be extinct, and fail to stand when needed which was one of the reasons I went back to the road. I agree give’em hell. Put more pressure of your state panels to progress grievances to the higher ups makes a world of difference.

I have to disagree to a certain point on blaming all on the International. Coming from a former BA perspective more goes to the locals more than anything. Your freight director really doesn’t know what goes on at the terminals due to your state panels either settles grievances or send back to both parties for resolution. Rarely do you see a grievance deadlock that would really create drastic change in their operations, to be handled at your region committee hearings. Those guys don’t want another panel to solve their problems all the time makes them look bad. They rather kick back to both party to resolve with the intent of issue not arising again. So your region director doesn’t know of issues to get the international involved if to those committees. For instance I have a strong distaste for the vague subcontractor language, but Ernie probably looked at the books and seen only nationwide the company is only using shiny wheels no more than 2%. He doesn’t know if a certain amount of terminals or regions have shiny wheels at lets say 30% or road drivers are getting the shorter end of miles than at your big Road barns. Of course the company won’t provide it. That falls on the president or BA of that local to provide the numbers at meeting like yesterday to show the committee how their out suffering due to weak language and needs more protection. Now on the international turning nose up to what they do know and are absent due to political reasons horse trading which is supposed to be extinct, and fail to stand when needed which was one of the reasons I went back to the road. I agree give’em hell. Put more pressure of your state panels to progress grievances to the higher ups makes a world of difference.

First off... I appreciate the insightful reply.

Trust me... I do see where you are coming from Troubleman84 but it's Ernie himself who is nothing but a POS sellout in my book... and has been ever since 2010. He pushed for the 2010 Begback... the 2013 POS concessionary contract and now this POS contract (which I was certain would be the case) and IMO... that's why Junior appointed him as freight director in the first place. When I refer to the IBT... I am referring to Junior mostly and those who follow his lead like Sweeton and Johnson did and now Ernie. I'm just sick and tired of seeing so many representatives buckle under when it comes to Teamster politics. I know it's political ******* to stand up to and speak out against Junior and his minions as we all are now seeing in Sean O'Brien's case. The problem is that when people get elected into office... they have two choices... put their careers first or members first... and very few seem to choose the latter. They may very well have good intentions of actually doing what's right and looking out for what's in the member's best interest but soon they find the reality in it all... it's either play ball with Junior and his minions or they will find themselves on a long and rocky road leading nowhere.

Case in point... Ernie said that there was 100% support and backing from his negotiating team and an overwhelming approval from the two man committee... that would never of been the case if those representatives would of actually been acting in the best interest's of the ABF Teamsters and there's no one that will ever convince me otherwise.

The fact of the matter is Junior is destroying what his dad built and the NMFA is already dead and gone.

First off... I appreciate the insightful reply.

Trust me... I do see where you are coming from Troubleman84 but it's Ernie himself who is nothing but a POS sellout in my book... and has been ever since 2010. He pushed for the 2010 Begback... the 2013 POS concessionary contract and now this POS contract (which I was certain would be the case) and IMO... that's why Junior appointed him as freight director in the first place. When I refer to the IBT... I am referring to Junior mostly and those who follow his lead like Sweeton and Johnson did and now Ernie. I'm just sick and tired of seeing so many representatives buckle under when it comes to Teamster politics. I know it's political ******* to stand up to and speak out against Junior and his minions as we all are now seeing in Sean O'Brien's case. The problem is that when people get elected into office... they have two choices... put their careers first or members first... and very few seem to choose the latter. They may very well have good intentions of actually doing what's right and looking out for what's in the member's best interest but soon they find the reality in it all... it's either play ball with Junior and his minions or they will find themselves on a long and rocky road leading nowhere.

Case in point... Ernie said that there was 100% support and backing from his negotiating team and an overwhelming approval from the two man committee... that would never of been the case if those representatives would of actually been acting in the best interest's of the ABF Teamsters and there's no one that will ever convince me otherwise.

The fact of the matter is Junior is destroying what his dad built and the NMFA is already dead and gone.
If Hoffa sr. was a tailor, you might say Hoffa jr. couldn't sew a button. I think it's like I said yesterday Junior's a member of the lucky sperm club. The only way he got where he is today, how he stays there God only knows.