ABF | ABF Retiree Pups

Really?....
Yep, I have been shocked at how much stuff they have on there. Old, outdated, otherwise no longer available. It's almost like if you can't find it there you can't find it anywhere.

ABFer said:
Yep, I have been shocked at how much stuff they have on there. Old, outdated, otherwise no longer available. It's almost like if you can't find it there you can't find it anywhere.

Interesting. Ok

Hey, you could be right. I didn't think about retired trailers.

If you are talking real trailers, go to ABF.com look under about ABF. You will see used equipment, it will show trucks, trailers and other equipment ABF is selling.

GO to ABF.com When on abf website look at the top online services etc about ABF will be all the way to the right. Click on it used equipment will be listed, click on it. This will give you a list of trucks, trailers, gears and other stuff.

Where could I find some info on how much ABF Retiree Pups are selling for now?

The new DCP sets can get you about $400.00 TO $500.00 ON E-BAY, these days more like $400.00 sometimes you get lucky and get more...Since ABF had ERTL make them with twin screws and International tractors with chrome wheels which does not replicate us, they have not been a hot item like they used to be....plus there made in China , it would be great if PENJOY COMPANY made sets of doubles as they are a USA COMPANY like WINROSS used to be...They would really be a valuable retiree gift with meaning.

Where could I find some info on how much ABF Retiree Pups are selling for now?

The new DCP sets can get you about $400.00 TO $500.00 ON E-BAY, these days more like $400.00 sometimes you get lucky and get more...Since ABF had ERTL make them with twin screws and International tractors with chrome wheels which does not replicate us, they have not been a hot item like they used to be....plus there made in China , it would be great if PENJOY COMPANY made sets of doubles as they are a USA COMPANY like WINROSS used to be...They would really be a valuable retiree gift with meaning.
I believe it is a matter of ABF permitting them to make the trucks, or ordering enough to warrant a production run. One reason the ABF trucks bring more money is their limited production. ABF only had enough made to give to retired drivers. It is a very nice gesture on the company's part. The don't give them to customers or sell them otherwise. It is a shame that they are Chinese made ERTL now. We had a man retire and when he got his truck the mirror was broken off of it while it was still new in the box.

The set I got when I retired in 2005 was the Series II. It is a single axle. Truck number 14100. Pup numbers are 83001 and 83002. They are made by ERTL and of course they are made in China. There was only 1002 of them made. I have serial number 0192.

Die Cast Promotions is a product of F. F. ERTL III It should say that on the box. 2005 was a single axle International with white rims that was a small run of 1,002 sets by DCP and since 2006 they have produced the twin screw International with chrome rims.

Thanks for the info. My box says that. Mine do have the white rims and single axle. My set has never been opened. I thinking about selling them so I am glad to here that they are out of production.