ABF | ABF ROAD CHANGE OF OPERATIONS

Page 23 of the master freight says the company can establish or modify UE POSITIONS and bids without the approval of a change of operations or other union approval
l.maybe this whole story is fake news

That's right......"Establish and Modify" does not mean "cancel". The whole presumption of UE employees was establishment of "new work". That's why road drivers forced onto UE bids had no recall rights back to road boards.

Every UE run at our terminal was ended by a COO. The terminal manager did NOT have the unilateral right to cancel UE runs without a COO. UE employees are listed on the city board. Theoretically,....you can have a UE employee, and no UE run. Technically, there is no such thing as a "UE run".

There is an expansion of "new work" that would allow creation of a run that only a UE employee ,....due to his ability to cross jurisdictions,.......could do.

One of the guys at the terminal I retired from,....(..and that terminal is a NDXP,..with about 10 or so UE meet-and-greet cross docks..)....has informed me that they are no longer going to load direct Tomahs,...and no more Buffalo UE runs (2 guys) and only one Baltimore UE guy instead of the usual two. I would imagine all this is done through the COO.

That terminal lost the one remaining UE bid we had back in June of 2016,...due to a COO. Dayton run. They had altered (modified)..the bid from a 4/10 to a 5/8 the year previous. No COO needed to modify. As it became almost a 60 hour work week,...I informed the TM that the first time the UE guy complained about "excessive" forced overtime, we would file a grievance.

( Unfortunately,...the UE guy doing it had dollar signs dancing in his eyes,....and got angry with me for "interfering" with his run in my capacity as steward. I made sure the TM knew that the "excessive" overtime provision would apply to each individual man on our seniority list,.....especially with the "force from the bottom" provisions in Art. 3, sec. 7......All this is moot now that they cancelled the UE bid.....)

What's going on at ABF? Deliberately running work down to get layoffs so they can have guys desperate to vote "yes" on anything the company proposes,.....just to get back to work?

This,....in spite of the big tax windfall of about 11% or so? They can afford to throw money at our guys.....AND reinstate vacations,....and still make a profit, with that tax break........

That's right......"Establish and Modify" does not mean "cancel". The whole presumption of UE employees was establishment of "new work". That's why road drivers forced onto UE bids had no recall rights back to road boards.

Every UE run at our terminal was ended by a COO. The terminal manager did NOT have the unilateral right to cancel UE runs without a COO. UE employees are listed on the city board. Theoretically,....you can have a UE employee, and no UE run. Technically, there is no such thing as a "UE run".

There is an expansion of "new work" that would allow creation of a run that only a UE employee ,....due to his ability to cross jurisdictions,.......could do.

One of the guys at the terminal I retired from,....(..and that terminal is a NDXP,..with about 10 or so UE meet-and-greet cross docks..)....has informed me that they are no longer going to load direct Tomahs,...and no more Buffalo UE runs (2 guys) and only one Baltimore UE guy instead of the usual two. I would imagine all this is done through the COO.

That terminal lost the one remaining UE bid we had back in June of 2016,...due to a COO. Dayton run. They had altered (modified)..the bid from a 4/10 to a 5/8 the year previous. No COO needed to modify. As it became almost a 60 hour work week,...I informed the TM that the first time the UE guy complained about "excessive" forced overtime, we would file a grievance.

( Unfortunately,...the UE guy doing it had dollar signs dancing in his eyes,....and got angry with me for "interfering" with his run in my capacity as steward. I made sure the TM knew that the "excessive" overtime provision would apply to each individual man on our seniority list,.....especially with the "force from the bottom" provisions in Art. 3, sec. 7......All this is moot now that they cancelled the UE bid.....)

What's going on at ABF? Deliberately running work down to get layoffs so they can have guys desperate to vote "yes" on anything the company proposes,.....just to get back to work?

This,....in spite of the big tax windfall of about 11% or so? They can afford to throw money at our guys.....AND reinstate vacations,....and still make a profit, with that tax break........
ArcBest is showing a profit. Arkansas Best Freight is the ALBATROSS Judy lugs along in spite of it hemorrhaging money. Get it right. Say it with Judy.

I’m a ue out of 349. Any one know how many we may be losing or a copy of the letter? Thanks

You’re going to have to contact your BA. Contractually, they have to notify any Local Union affected. They can’t change anything until there’s an approved COO, and your BA will have a copy.

I would like to see something in writing on a COO so far I have seen nothing just rumors at 073 and 120

Same thing, Brother. Contact the Union Hall.

Where is 349, Brother?

You're not a team player. Lol

Not even on the team anymore,.....On the sidelines keeping score......

i heard the same thing that the magic number is 225 miles and that anything more is non-profitable.We stand to lose 2 road positions and 3 ue positions.Yes, Both classifacations are included although im not 100% sure which are going 1st. I believe The road positions are going 1st with the ue to follow right behind, if not with them.I also believe the magic date is jan 14th not 18th but i'm also awaiting paperwork on this.Apparently the company forgets that they could'nt supply the Roadmen to do the work from the breakbulks in the first place! They also had this big push on 2 day service as freight waited at the terminals to be picked up.They increased the UE bids and then forced the road pisitions on us and laid off their loyal seasoned roadmen at the breakbulks which had them throw newly hired roadmen at the end of line terminal.Now I don't mean any disrespect to the newbe's but our Breakbulk roadmen out of 042 were the best of the best.Seasoned and a special breed! The company just was'nt willing to pay them enough to keep their boards full as guys retired!!!!!!BOTTOM LINE! I also agree managment hasn't discliplend the wannabe roadmen that book off because they didnt get enough beauty sleep and the men that want to work are going to pay the price! Now that we lost many of our loyal customers to service 2day customers we'll lose all the customers while we try the new brain fart! I'm sure we'll continue to clean up their messes as we continue to apologize to the customers hoping to keep them .

Was posted on Friday at 042. We are gaining 9 road runs. They are ending road positions at end of lines in the east. From what I remember it is Bay shore Brooklyn Paterson Avenel Carlstadt.

You’re going to have to contact your BA. Contractually, they have to notify any Local Union affected. They can’t change anything until there’s an approved COO, and your BA will have a copy.

Same thing, Brother. Contact the Union Hall.

Where is 349, Brother?

Not even on the team anymore,.....On the sidelines keeping score......

abh-349 Aburn Hills MI (Just North of Detroit)

Thank you, Brother.... End-of-Line terminal? I retired from GBG-310,...That's Greensburg, Pa. about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. We were an NDXP,.....fairly big platform with about 28 doors.

Was posted on Friday at 042. We are gaining 9 road runs. They are ending road positions at end of lines in the east. From what I remember it is Bay shore Brooklyn Paterson Avenel Carlstadt.

Ahh,.....Good,....it looks like the COO is coming out for everyone to see. Glad you're gaining runs. I would imagine the losing terminals were offered "follow the work" provisions to the affected employees?

Thank you, Brother.... End-of-Line terminal? I retired from GBG-310,...That's Greensburg, Pa. about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. We were an NDXP,.....fairly big platform with about 28 doors.

Ahh,.....Good,....it looks like the COO is coming out for everyone to see. Glad you're gaining runs. I would imagine the losing terminals were offered "follow the work" provisions to the affected employees?
All in the change gets to move in the new proposal. I’m out of one of the losing terminals.

I checked GBG-310 out on Google Earth, canary. Is that your black Maserati in the parking lot?

Change was posted at 042 only place I've heard it posted apparently they're the only region affected by this change and apparently nobody can post it so everyone could see what is happening