ABF | ABF spending more money

Members used to be the union and whether or not they agree is irrelevant, Hoffa and company will just force feed us whatever they want, after all, Jimmy knows best. Are you familiar with what went down with the UPS Small Package folks in KY and the freight guys in Chicagoland?
Yes I heard that they voted overwhelmingly no and that they still got the contract thru by some obscure never before used rule in the constitution. Also have been reading that a lot of UPSF guys are sitting home while purchase is running their freight and teamster leadership isn't fighting it. Or that's what's on the boards anyway.

Yes I heard that they voted overwhelmingly no and that they still got the contract thru by some obscure never before used rule in the constitution. Also have been reading that a lot of UPSF guys are sitting home while purchase is running their freight and teamster leadership isn't fighting it. Or that's what's on the boards anyway.
At least you are well informed, congratulations on that, many remain in the dark way too much. I may be mistaken but I didn't hear that there was an obscure rule in the Constitution, I heard that they amended the Constitution to suit their needs at the moment. I did not perform any research on it myself though, normally I do.

I have a question for you, I work for Fedex, and currently CLT and EPH are negotiating, and talk at our yard is starting to rise again, but I was wondering, with all the contracts being violated and nothing being done by the union leadership, please tell me why we should organize. I'm not trying to start any arguments, in fact I am in favor of organizing, but it seems that even with a contract things are not going as they should at the union carriers as they should be. What do I tell the people at my barn why we should organize with all that it seems the teamsters fail to do to protect you? And it's not just ABF, but also UPS and YRC. Any insight would be welcome and thanks on advance for your answers
Another issue I'll rant about is how many the Teamsters sold out just to 'organize' UPS Freight. During negotiations way back when (I am not sure what year) UPS Small Package was given a sweetheart deal and the CSPF was sold out so the Teamsters could open the tap on union dues from UPS Freight, which is another shill of a contract. To get card check language (the only way UPS Freight could have been organized) the Teamsters let UPS Small Package out of the Central States Pension Fund (CSPF). This move did not help the CSPF out in any way. Then, in order to get a fast contract and get the dues money flowing they scripted a sham of a contract void of much language that is needed in a freight contract. No offense to the UPS Freight workers as they didn't know what they were getting sold but their contract is lacking to say the least. On top of if it's a five (5) year contract while the norm used to be three (3) years, all because the lazy Teamsters Union didn't want to be bothered in three years. It is about the bare minimum that could quickly be thrown together to get those people paying.

Another issue I'll rant about is how many the Teamsters sold out just to 'organize' UPS Freight. During negotiations way back when (I am not sure what year) UPS Small Package was given a sweetheart deal and the CSPF was sold out so the Teamsters could open the tap on union dues from UPS Freight, which is another shill of a contract. To get card check language (the only way UPS Freight could have been organized) the Teamsters let UPS Small Package out of the Central States Pension Fund (CSPF). This move did not help the CSPF out in any way. Then, in order to get a fast contract and get the dues money flowing they scripted a sham of a contract void of much language that is needed in a freight contract. No offense to the UPS Freight workers as they didn't know what they were getting sold but their contract is lacking to say the least. On top of if it's a five (5) year contract while the norm used to be three (3) years, all because the lazy Teamsters Union didn't want to be bothered in three years. It is about the bare minimum that could quickly be thrown together to get those people paying.
It was 2007/2008. Any ups guy that retired before Jan 1 2008 got sold out and gets screwed over with the rest of CSPF.

It was 2007/2008. Any ups guy that retired before Jan 1 2008 got sold out and gets screwed over with the rest of CSPF.
So...who's the bad guy(s) here, those who sold us out or those of us who report on it?

At least you are well informed, congratulations on that, many remain in the dark way too much. I may be mistaken but I didn't hear that there was an obscure rule in the Constitution, I heard that they amended the Constitution to suit their needs at the moment. I did not perform any research on it myself though, normally I do.
I thought I read it where someone posted a news release, but I could (probably) be wrong.

They had good steak samiches at 034 this week. The Italian snausuages looked like Johnny Holmes size.
Not to be a wise guy but...do you know a good steak sandwich when you see one? :hilarious:

In the Philadelphia area I do.... miss my Philly cheesesteaks...
You should be able to make your own provided that you can get a decent roll. I make my own and will take them over anything I can buy out there.

Yes, Brother, .....the UPS guys got sold out. No,......it wasn't a "little used, obscure" rule to jam that contract down their throat......it was a complete change of the wording of the IBT Constitution,.........that was ....."ratified"......by the principal officers of the UPS Locals involved in the contract talks in a "special" meeting called by Hoffa-Hall......

The Local I'm in.......Local #30 has the very large UPS barn in New Stanton PA. Our Principal Officer was one of the few (3) officers who voted against the Constitution change. He has reported extensively on how this change got rammed through........and the ramifications for ALL other contracts because of it.

Yes, Brother, .....the UPS guys got sold out. No,......it wasn't a "little used, obscure" rule to jam that contract down their throat......it was a complete change of the wording of the IBT Constitution,.........that was ....."ratified"......by the principal officers of the UPS Locals involved in the contract talks in a "special" meeting called by Hoffa-Hall......

The Local I'm in.......Local #30 has the very large UPS barn in New Stanton PA. Our Principal Officer was one of the few (3) officers who voted against the Constitution change. He has reported extensively on how this change got rammed through........and the ramifications for ALL other contracts because of it.
I stand corrected, thanks for filling me in.

As far as the UPSF deal goes, the steward for the Local #30 barn has collected a good bit of evidence that proves UPSF is diverting a lot of freight to Coyote Logistics, a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS. The appropriate grievances have been filed, but for some reason, the IBT seems reluctant to proceed with these grievances..........