ABF | ABF Strike Vote: Hoffa Slaps Freight Teamsters Again!

Well, according to that article I need to dust off andupdate my resume. You know, as I think about it I keep concluding “what” “whatare they talking about?” A FOUR Billion $$$$ plus company is going out ofbusiness over this? A company that is making a profit is going to shut downover this? Really? As a stockholder (small as I am) I don’t think so.

So after thinking it over for a while I have concluded that “gocentral region.” I would ask the centralregion not to let this kind of scare tactic influence your decision. If youwant to vote yes on the strike vote, I support you. If you want to vote no onthe strike vote, I support you there too. I would ask that you (the members)take your time, think over what you want, and vote based on that and what you canlive with. DO NOT VOTE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER BECAUSE OF THAT LETTER.

The days B4 deregulation! Those were the days when U could jump from one carrier to the next if u got knocked off the job. What was and never ever will be again!:sadwavey:

You need to go back to your skab outfit where you belong.
dont worry holland driver. Once abf shuts down kc and Chicago break bulks, we might purchase you guys. We're wanting more next day business but these issues will soon be dissolved. Our ue guys are more efficient in moving freight than these bid dock jobs anyway

The days B4 deregulation! Those were the days when U could jump from one carrier to the next if u got knocked off the job. What was and never ever will be again!:sadwavey:

Back then there was well over a hundred union company's. Now we have less than two. And you wonder why the union is buckling at the knees. Were just a few so called lucky ones left. Times have changed so much since I started in 1984, Heck you cant even get anybody to stop for a bite to eat or say hello on the CB radio any more. These newby's don't realize how much fun we used to have on the job. It's a shame how things have ended up. But were gonna stick it out. :Violin:

I know of a few guys that were able to bid a fork and feed their family after an injury that would keep them from pounding the rock.
If you give up a fork bid what ya get in return ? Someones going to still be preforming the work.......
If they want to save money can the dock supervisors and bring back the Teamster lead man..
hoffa needs to slap these teamsters in the face. They're gonna ruin it for all of us over a bid forklift

I know of a few guys that were able to bid a fork and feed their family after an injury that would keep them from pounding the rock.
If you give up a fork bid what ya get in return ? Someones going to still be preforming the work.......
If they want to save money can the dock supervisors and bring back the Teamster lead man..
problem with bid fork job is he won't get off the seat to do anything. Throw a load bar, use a air bag, dunnage, block and brace....ect ect .... He sit on his ass and screams
"Not my job!" and stop production till a checker will do it for his fat ass. That's the problem.
The new freight world had turned this career into a race. You can be efficient and exist or be a fossil and die. That's just the way times have changed. This country wants their freight and they want it now. They want the cheapest and the fastest. Customer/driver relations don't mean squat in the market, I don't care how much the shipper likes you. Who can deliver?

problem with bid fork job is he won't get off the seat to do anything. Throw a load bar, use a air bag, dunnage, block and brace....ect ect .... He sit on his ass and screams
"Not my job!" and stop production till a checker will do it for his fat ass. That's the problem.
The new freight world had turned this career into a race. You can be efficient and exist or be a fossil and die. That's just the way times have changed. This country wants their freight and they want it now. They want the cheapest and the fastest. Customer/driver relations don't mean squat in the market, I don't care how much the shipper likes you. Who can deliver?
So much for not posting until this thing is over.....Your just another plumber/troll....

dont worry holland driver. Once abf shuts down kc and Chicago break bulks, we might purchase you guys. We're wanting more next day business but these issues will soon be dissolved. Our ue guys are more efficient in moving freight than these bid dock jobs anyway

And move the freight to where?

Be careful what you wish for son. You may get a lesson on coo's and dovetail and find yourself back on the flex board at conjob. If they would actually take you back.

Be careful what you wish for son. You may get a lesson on coo's and dovetail and find yourself back on the flex board at conjob. If they would actually take you back.
i didn't say merger, I said buyout. You go to the bottom as a new hire