ABF | ABF Strike Vote: Hoffa Slaps Freight Teamsters Again!

Sad to say you guys are just wasting your time... When you talk to dumb and dumber, this is the best you can expect from a couple of idiots!!!

oy5w8.jpg

Thanks for the clip art Joe.

Rollin my son you may want to find out why the company's agreed to a forklift bid and what the duty's are in the work rules. This was negotiated and signed by both parties and voted upon by members.
Just think that maybe that forklift driver is the reason for you to be called in. If he gets off the lift and preforms other duty's your services may not be needed.
Every day is a learning experience.
I happened to have a fork bid for a year or two. I was to help other dock workers that did not have a fork. I also moved forklift freight on and off trailers, Helped OSD clerk, Dumped garbage, ran dock sweeper Picked up trailers dropped in yard Will Calls, Fueled Lifts took parts to shop, Loaded and unloaded Con Gears in trailers. And everybody's favorite stack dunnage and load it out.Yes the Lizzard was a busy boy so much so that we had 3 fork bids on each shift.
Now on the other hand if everyone has their own personal forklift their is always a skid to move somewhere.
Here we go again,
It's all about me me me with u drones. We're compensated to the be the best. Do you honestly believe not getting off a forklift to throw some cardboard is being efficient or lazy? Were gonna strike over this? Really? This whole time I thought teamsters were the hardest working employees In the industry since they were the highest paid. I guess my elders lied to me. I don't care what you say, you can't argue with me about this forklift bid unless everyone is in wheelchairs

Last edited by a moderator:
And what do the dock forman think about this ? Its their job not yours to manage.
Have your beloved fork driver PM me and I will make sure he treats you right.
problem with bid fork job is he won't get off the seat to do anything. Throw a load bar, use a air bag, dunnage, block and brace....ect ect .... He sit on his ass and screams
"Not my job!" and stop production till a checker will do it for his fat ass. That's the problem.
The new freight world had turned this career into a race. You can be efficient and exist or be a fossil and die. That's just the way times have changed. This country wants their freight and they want it now. They want the cheapest and the fastest. Customer/driver relations don't mean squat in the market, I don't care how much the shipper likes you. Who can deliver?

Rollin, do you even know what you are talking about ? The guys on dock bids at my barn are always willing to help out. Every now and then you will get a newbie who will just throw freight in your pup, but then I school him. I don't degrade him, I make it a learning experience, just like the ole timers did for me, I pass that experience along.if you have a problem with your loads, then man up and talk to your loader. Talking behind a mans back always gets back to that person,cause one day you will ***** to the wrong person.just be a man about it, you will get more respect that way

Rollin, do you even know what you are talking about ? The guys on dock bids at my barn are always willing to help out. Every now and then you will get a newbie who will just throw freight in your pup, but then I school him. I don't degrade him, I make it a learning experience, just like the ole timers did for me, I pass that experience along.if you have a problem with your loads, then man up and talk to your loader. Talking behind a mans back always gets back to that person,cause one day you will ***** to the wrong person.just be a man about it, you will get more respect that way
You tell him! We have to WORK with each other NOT against each other. The sooner that everyone can do that the smoother things will run!!!

You tell him! We have to WORK with each other NOT against each other. The sooner that everyone can do that the smoother things will run!!!
Dont tell me! I'm not the one trying to cause this place to shut the doors. It's the spoiled, cry babies that think abf owes them the moon. If everyone was trying to work together, everything would be behind us. Don't try to spin it like its my fault.

ABF doesn"t owe me a damn thing. nor do I owe ABF anything. I give them an honest days work and expect to get paid for that, wether it was for ABF or any other company. I take it as an insult, when a company tells me my work is not worth what they are paying me.then take away from me and my family. notice i said take away, because I sure didn"t vote to give it to them. I work 50-60 hr weeks and enjoy what little time I have with the family and they saw the need to take a week away from that. they can have the 7%, and give me back my vacation cause you can"t put a price on family time.

So they do owe you something. My point exactly. You might need to find another career if you want more family time.

Do yourself a favor and refresh your memory of Bethlehem steel collapse. It's where all started in your neck if the woods

The memory of management skating with tons of bennies nad cash and stock options for never updating to newer stuff, while the union guys took the blame from the corporate biased media and historians? That memory?
It was like the 1930's when the guys would start employment there and it was still like the 30's when they closed the place.....Management never updated the place........but they were sure to leave the lie that it was the unions fault.
FRee trade did in the Bethlehem Steel. NOt thhe unions. And free trade is a corporate backed policy. The paychecks were a workingmans dream, but the job seemed to be a nightmare.

If ya want truth about the Bethlehem Steel without biased anti-union BS check into a series called "Keystone Steel".......videos of interviews of employees as they lived it.
LAst year they had it on The PA channel on labor day...so interesting i didn't get outside for hours.....ya get kinda stirred about it when your area took part in it.......Sorry for butting in to the ABF forums.....I cant always hold my tongue....didnt in fedex and they gave me the boot for talking union.

I geuss we souldn't get down about it.
Heck we're gonna get the biggest terminal in the world over their now. Fedex Ground is gonna build it..........the worst.
And they are starting some kind of new international free trade zone there now to............great. I geuss the imports will be right in our faces and we should be oh so friggin grateful for distribution work.......maybe they'll fill it with illegal alien lumpers and turbin wearing container driving owner operators........along side of fredex owner operators with their "
"subcontractor" Jobs with no bennies.

When wall street and the corporate bigwigs got their way with the steel, we were on our way out as a nation........now it's one slap in the face after another after another.
Will it ever get better?

Last edited by a moderator:
ABF doesn"t owe me a damn thing. nor do I owe ABF anything. I give them an honest days work and expect to get paid for that, wether it was for ABF or any other company. I take it as an insult, when a company tells me my work is not worth what they are paying me.then take away from me and my family. notice i said take away, because I sure didn"t vote to give it to them. I work 50-60 hr weeks and enjoy what little time I have with the family and they saw the need to take a week away from that. they can have the 7%, and give me back my vacation cause you can"t put a price on family time.
Well said brother!

The memory of management skating with tons of bennies nad cash and stock options for never updating to newer stuff, while the union guys took the blame from the corporate biased media and historians? That memory?
It was like the 1930's when the guys would start employment there and it was still like the 30's when they closed the place.....Management never updated the place........but they were sure to leave the lie that it was the unions fault.
FRee trade did in the Bethlehem Steel. NOt thhe unions. And free trade is a corporate backed policy. The paychecks were a workingmans dream, but the job seemed to be a nightmare.

If ya want truth about the Bethlehem Steel without biased anti-union BS check into a series called "Keystone Steel".......videos of interviews of employees as they lived it.
LAst year they had it on The PA channel on labor day...so interesting i didn't get outside for hours.....ya get kinda stirred about it when your area took part in it.......Sorry for butting in to the ABF forums.....I cant always hold my tongue....didnt in fedex and they gave me the boot for talking union.

I geuss we souldn't get down about it.
Heck we're gonna get the biggest terminal in the world over their now. Fedex Ground is gonna build it..........the worst.
And they are starting some kind of new international free trade zone there now to............great. I geuss the imports will be right in our faces and we should be oh so friggin grateful for distribution work.......maybe they'll fill it with illegal alien lumpers and turbin wearing container driving owner operators........along side of fredex owner operators with their "
"subcontractor" Jobs with no bennies.

When wall street and the corporate bigwigs got their way with the steel, we were on our way out as a nation........now it's one slap in the face after another after another.
Will it ever get better?
Excellent post!

So they do owe you something. My point exactly. You might need to find another career if you want more family time.

If......ummm....you're going to be on your knees all the time begging for "favors" from management, maybe it's you that should be looking for another job,.....and since that position seems to be real familiar to you.........Oh, by the way,.....Unions are the reason we have weekends, holidays, overtime, and other "family-oriented"......."favors" from companies. All hard-fought for. Should we give them up to make the company more profit? Their families are more important than ours? Of course your opinion is management's opinion,....you're management. We know.

Trolling62, I just realized something. Thank God that bag on your head is made out of paper, because if it was plastic you would suffercate from all that hot air your blowing.:hide: :6799::6788:

He comes on here because he's management, and he hates Unions. Likes to pretend he's a good ol' boy jus' askin' questions. He feels superior to us because he's tricked a few of the gullible into thinking he's an ABF employee,....I mean a Union ABF employee. He's no such thing,...he's just using that as a "mask" so he can needle and insult Union people. How'd you like to have a human slug like that living next to you?......I mean someone who spends his recreational hours lying and tricking people under the guise of anonimity?.......Creepy, huh?

He comes on here because he's management, and he hates Unions. Likes to pretend he's a good ol' boy jus' askin' questions. He feels superior to us because he's tricked a few of the gullible into thinking he's an ABF employee,....I mean a Union ABF employee. He's no such thing,...he's just using that as a "mask" so he can needle and insult Union people. How'd you like to have a human slug like that living next to you?......I mean someone who spends his recreational hours lying and tricking people under the guise of anonimity?.......Creepy, huh?
I'd agree it's a strange MO, but why do you all waste your time with him? I'm guessing that somehow you must enjoy it. :shrug:

Excellent post!

IT burns me up inside sometimes. I delivered to the steel last week. appliances and stoves for some new show called Chef's Kitchen. ANd maybe Rockstar Kitchen. DElivered on the set. PBS has a studio there. THere's also a bunch of entertainment stuff and a Sands Casiino there........neat to deliver on the set but not nearlly as neat if i would have been delivering to the actual Bethlehem Steel with hunreds of guys like us making real money and thinking right. It's over. WHo's gonna be a tourist when it all dries up? ANd we're almost there.
I deliver to their buildings in Bethlehem and Lebanon and Pottstown. HUGE buildings and very few people there making very little money. Small businesses in there renting parts of it...long time gone....and a long time coming for the country.
The country has been playing by wall street rules for this many years. I knew where it would end up from back then. Now it finally caught up with the whole country. Ya can't keep importing and think we can win. We cant undercut third world nations and win. THe country is lost unless they bring back tariffs. BUt they didn't listen then and they ain't listening now and they wont till its all gone.....Tariffs in place of taxes is the only way to build back up.........
BUt I'm way off track and this is an important thread for you guys.
SAME GAME AT THE STEEL, SAME GAME AT YRC, SAME GAME AT ABF.......BIG MONEY RIPPING US ALL OFF....UNTIL THERE AINT NO MONEY LEFT. TAKE ON DEBT YA CANT PAY BACK AND BLAME IT ALL ON THE UNION....WHILST THE BIGSHOTS AND THE BANKS TAKE IT ALL.

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ABF ISSUE. I'M GONNA GET OUT OF THIS THREAD NOW.