ABF | ABF Strike Vote!

Sept. 25th, 2013-

As of Wednesday the 25th of September 2013 the ongoing “open supplements” of which only two remain, hopefully will be resolved soon one way or the other. The Office Supplement in the Western Region of which there are approximately 67 clerical employees should come to resolution within a week or so. There will be an attempt to vote those employees within the next ten days. There are approximately eleven locals involved that have office clerical within their ranks.

As for the only other Supplement that is out there that is still unresolved the Central Region Local Cartage, which is a different story! ABF has notified TINFINC that they have reached the point that they are at their “last best and final offer” with regards to that Supplement. Therefore there will be no further negotiations with regards to that Supplement.

The IBT will be sending out a strike authorization ballot probably within the next two weeks or so ONLY TO THOSE MEMBERS (APPROXIMATELY 1800) WHO ARE A PARTY TO THE CENTRAL REGION LOCAL CARTAGE SUPPLEMENT. This will not be voted on by anyone who is not from that Supplement. There seems to be some misinformation out there that this will be voted on by everyone and that is false information! Once again the strike authorization will be determined solely by those members working under the Central Region Local Cartage Supplement. There are approximately 87 terminals involved including South Chicago, Dayton and Kansas City.

Click Here to read Article 12 Section 2 of the IBT Constitution, which governs this scenario.

Well I guess this is what you were all hoping for. STRIKE VOTE. Stand strong just like Hostess did!!!!!
Like I said, route around these extremists if they don't want a job. Plenty of contractors in place for the work. If they authorize a strike, and put their family's at risk, I'll laugh my ass off because it will not turn in their favor.

Like I said, route around these extremists if they don't want a job. Plenty of contractors in place for the work. If they authorize a strike, and put their family's at risk, I'll laugh my ass off because it will not turn in their favor.
How do you respond to this nut .... Why is he still here... Please retun him to the Conway board....

How do you respond to this nut .... Why is he still here... Please retun him to the Conway board....

Listen, these guys are not only putting the yes voters at risk but retirees and their own families. Abf is the last full pension contributor. Sure it's their right to strike if they want to but the chips will fall against all of us. Their so many non carriers out their to absorb this small ass company anyway. Get real and pull your head out of the sand.

Listen, these guys are not only putting the yes voters at risk but retirees and their own families. Abf is the last full pension contributor. Sure it's their right to strike if they want to but the chips will fall against all of us. Their so many non carriers out their to absorb this small ass company anyway. Get real and pull your head out of the sand.
Head is not in the sand, I'm not in central states but I support my brothers... Abf got greedy with this contact just like they did with the last giveback. They asked for 15%, if they asked for 10% it would have flew , but once again greed got the best of them.....

PHP:
Head is not in the sand, I'm not in central states but I support my brothers... Abf got greedy with this contact just like they did with the last giveback. They asked for 15%, if they asked for 10% it would have flew , but once again greed got the best of them.....
Abf has grown a set after seeing the membership give up so easily. The Company knows the Ibt will do it' s bidding if they stand firm, and stand firm they will after that fiasco of a contract approval. I couldn't tell if the union was working for us or the company. Face it, we are alone in this, no one has our best interest at heart, the IBT, the company no one. It is all down hill from here. Still proud to be a teamster,to stand side by side with my fellow brothers and sisters, but we have to change the entrenched leadership

Rollin, my boy, you being new will never understand what you lost because you never had it. Tell me do you enjoy working without a vacation ? Enjoy giving up your hard earned money? And the thing I miss the most is my union representing our best interest. But like I said you wouldn't know about that. these teamsters are standing tall for something they believe in. That seems to be a lost art these days

A strike authorization does not mean a strike will necessarily occur, but it will give the Company a good reason to get back to the table on this supplement. Don't worry Rollin, your such a fantastic freight man, Conway will be glad to have you back, on the bottom of the board of course. Meanwhile, welcome to the Teamsters...dry your tears!

Your going to strike over your friggin supplement and put all our lively hoods at stake. Your a bunch of extremist's that should suffer the consequences of your actions alone. And for what? One weeks vacation! Thanks for gambling my family's future over a weeks pay.

Southern man and rollin are EXACTLY what's wrong with the union today. Gutless no balled pansies willing to give up whatever they can.

Can someone help me understand why Rollin62, his only friend on this thread (whom I will not name), and Southern Man are so worried about their jobs? It is only a job! What do you think they would be willing to sacrifice to keep this job?

Your going to strike over your friggin supplement and put all our lively hoods at stake. Your a bunch of extremist's that should suffer the consequences of your actions alone. And for what? One weeks vacation! Thanks for gambling my family's future over a weeks pay.
And what makes you so knowledgeable on why they're rejecting their supplement?

PHP:
Abf has grown a set after seeing the membership give up so easily. The Company knows the Ibt will do it' s bidding if they stand firm, and stand firm they will after that fiasco of a contract approval. I couldn't tell if the union was working for us or the company. Face it, we are alone in this, no one has our best interest at heart, the IBT, the company no one. It is all down hill from here. Still proud to be a teamster,to stand side by side with my fellow brothers and sisters, but we have to change the entrenched leadership
I hear that the IBT has spent a mountain of money on mailings to the UPS rank and file selling the contract that they rejected. :shrug:

Southern man and rollin are EXACTLY what's wrong with the union today. Gutless no balled pansies willing to give up whatever they can.
For some of you guys, it's about being a chest thumper on a soap box. And for people like me, it's about doing the right thing for myself and my coworkers. And it's not just a job. It's a great job with great benefits that can't be replaced with any ole job. Go look for yourself