ABF | ABF Strike Vote!

Tell you what, I'm not gonna post anymore because its getting to damn stupid. I know where I stand an we'll never agree. Is it entertaining? Sure .. But at the same token were hurting ourselves. But I will make you a promise that I will be back to tell you I told you so after this is finished. I promise their not gonna budge for the central so get your signs ready. Rollin out
that's good get back up on the fence were you belong,and as far as welcome to the teamsters not here your as phoney as that bag on your head!

:notworthy:
This would not be the first time the Chicago area fought the fight for the rest of the country. I know an old timer who says there was one contract where Chi-Town was the only hold out and the whole country got an extra $1.00/hr raise out of it, and he is no bullshtr.
Yup 710 swings a big stick they no your gonna need a big boat or willing to run a lot of miles to get around them with your freight always have always will.big city lots of teamsters rock on brothers!!!

The facts is out there, Its all on one site, BUT YOU HAVE TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND WANT TO SEE IT, AND YOU WILL LEARN THE TRUTH!!!

Would it be petty of me to think that a strike may be a good thing for ABC/ABF? So many people are of the opinion that ABF is the best job in the industry. And it is a good job but I don’t believe it is much better than most other companies. Rollin claims ABF is so much better than ConWay but that is his opinion and I don’t believe his head is on straight so I question his opinion. What I do know is this is not the best job I have ever had. I know the employees of the last LTL carrier I worked for said I was making a mistake quitting that carrier and coming to work for ABF. I know that as I get older I find myself too lazy to want to change. And so I putting up with things I would never have put up with when I was younger. I talk with my long term friends, those who have known me for over 20 years and worked with me at other jobs, and they seem to agree that ABF is not as good as some of the jobs we have had in the past. I therefore wonder if a strike would not improve working conditions or, if the company closes its door, give me the proverbial “kick in the butt” to start looking for a job I may like better.

Would it be petty of me to think that a strike may be a good thing for ABC/ABF?

I agree with you completely, it would be petty of you. I would guess that the majority of ABF drivers think that this certainly is the best job in the industry. Thank God every day that you have this job, as we are all very fortunate and blessed to have this job. A strike right now would be a disaster for everyone.

I agree with you completely, it would be petty of you. I would guess that the majority of ABF drivers think that this certainly is the best job in the industry. Thank God every day that you have this job, as we are all very fortunate and blessed to have this job. A strike right now would be a disaster for everyone.

Next generation of teamsters get tampons with their union cards. Sad.

Would it be petty of me to think that a strike may be a good thing for ABC/ABF? So many people are of the opinion that ABF is the best job in the industry. And it is a good job but I don’t believe it is much better than most other companies. Rollin claims ABF is so much better than ConWay but that is his opinion and I don’t believe his head is on straight so I question his opinion. What I do know is this is not the best job I have ever had. I know the employees of the last LTL carrier I worked for said I was making a mistake quitting that carrier and coming to work for ABF. I know that as I get older I find myself too lazy to want to change. And so I putting up with things I would never have put up with when I was younger. I talk with my long term friends, those who have known me for over 20 years and worked with me at other jobs, and they seem to agree that ABF is not as good as some of the jobs we have had in the past. I therefore wonder if a strike would not improve working conditions or, if the company closes its door, give me the proverbial “kick in the butt” to start looking for a job I may like better.

A strike might finally shake up ABF mgmt. and force them to decide......quickly......do they want to operate a trucking company, or do they want to play stock price games with a trucking companies' money? Of course, the IBT has no opinion,....Mr. Hoffa and crew are getting ready for retirement rather than face a bruising re-election convention with all their major contracts in disarray,......won't bother them one way or another. With the dearth of qualified and seasoned LTL drivers, I think you're going to see even the non-Union carriers treating their drivers better. With a strike,....one that causes ABF to close their doors, ....that'll be the end of the Union carriers setting the benchmark for wages and conditions. It's damn near that, now. It will be every man for himself,....whatever you can personally negotiate with management at the next job. I see our future the same as truckload drivers.......massive turnover in employment every year with drivers constantly searching for "greener grass"....no such thing as a "career" in trucking,...you'll just work for a succession of carriers until you get disgusted and change what you do for a living,....or retire.

That is sad. The best job in the trucking industry is the one that I do,........the only question is whether it's worth my time to work for a particular carrier. Whether they'll compensate me enough so that my family can live comfortably. I'm certainly not tied to any one carrier. I learned a long, long time ago that in trucking , loyalty only extends upward,....it never extends downward. A bitter lesson for some "loyal" drivers to learn........

Funny right there, damn funny.
That is sad. The best job in the trucking industry is the one that I do,........the only question is whether it's worth my time to work for a particular carrier. Whether they'll compensate me enough so that my family can live comfortably. I'm certainly not tied to any one carrier. I learned a long, long time ago that in trucking , loyalty only extends upward,....it never extends downward. A bitter lesson for some "loyal" drivers to learn........
I'd give it a second 'like' but Jeff won't let me.

From what I have heard and what I derive from what I have heard we are not alone (I think like you do on this). ABF has let out that they expect an exodus of the elders like us when this contract is finally shoved down our throats. I expect that it will not all happen at once but will be a steady stream of those who chose to leave, either for another job or for retirement. I also expect that the company will not be able to fill the vacancies as readily as they think they're going to and I am curious to see how it all plays out. Either way what used to be a good job is not as good as it once was and the future doesn't look good. I remember the older guys looking at me and telling me how they felt sorry for me and my upcoming years in this industry. Now I'm the older guy looking at the younger ones...

Funny right there, damn funny.

I'd give it a second 'like' but Jeff won't let me.

From what I have heard and what I derive from what I have heard we are not alone (I think like you do on this). ABF has let out that they expect an exodus of the elders like us when this contract is finally shoved down our throats. I expect that it will not all happen at once but will be a steady stream of those who chose to leave, either for another job or for retirement. I also expect that the company will not be able to fill the vacancies as readily as they think they're going to and I am curious to see how it all plays out. Either way what used to be a good job is not as good as it once was and the future doesn't look good. I remember the older guys looking at me and telling me how they felt sorry for me and my upcoming years in this industry. Now I'm the older guy looking at the younger ones...
thats where outside contractors come into play. Never met so many crying ass grown men scared to work. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Next generation teamsters are stepping up while your old school mentality is bitchin about life is unfair. You guys are a disgrace to the union. Shut up and get to work. There's is no other union carriers to go to and you want to strike ? Lmfao

I tried MANY MANY MANY TIMES, to get a job at abf, ive been applying since 05, i was trying in chicago for a couple years n then now innashville. I told my wife if abf called me now to come work for them in chicago. I would move in a heartbeat. Dont get me wrong being a road driver at ups freight is great and its a 6 figure income. But ups is a big bully when it comes to negotiations, and they dont budge. We all see the situation we are in. When the union drew up freights first contract i have no idea why they let that loophole be put in the contract. One way freight can b ran by outside carriers. But anyways back to abf i now realize and found out from abf's H.R that i got something on mr record that is stopping me from ridin in the green mack

thats where outside contractors come into play. Never met so many crying ass grown men scared to work. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Next generation teamsters are stepping up while your old school mentality is bitchin about life is unfair. You guys are a disgrace to the union. Shut up and get to work. There's is no other union carriers to go to and you want to strike ? Lmfao

Ur a flippin joke. The way u talk makes me think how much i love to call my dad (30years at yellow) and talk to him about what real teamsters handled their business. Like real men, who knew what they wanted at their workplace and fought for a FAIR CONTRACT. U act like these teamsters are acting like they want the moon. I guess you dont live in chicago, becuz if you did u wouldnt be talking the way you do. Maybe this qoute my dad would tell me all the time when i was growing up, "i would rather die on my feet then live on my knees" you really need to just keep ur silly ignorant comments to yourself, or if you really work for abf (which i doubt it), you should talk to your fellow teamsters at ur barn the way you do on tb.com come on rollin show them boys what the "new school teamsters" are all about. Or are you just a tb rambo, and ur probley that litltle bit?h that sits on the floor in ur truck at the truck stop and talks sh!t to everyone. Ur a discrace to the teamsters, i sure wish i ran into you one day, and we can have a manly talk. One teamster to another. Have a good day u flippin freeloader!!!!!!!!!!!

Ur a flippin joke. The way u talk makes me think how much i love to call my dad (30years at yellow) and talk to him about what real teamsters handled their business. Like real men, who knew what they wanted at their workplace and fought for a FAIR CONTRACT. U act like these teamsters are acting like they want the moon. I guess you dont live in chicago, becuz if you did u wouldnt be talking the way you do. Maybe this qoute my dad would tell me all the time when i was growing up, "i would rather die on my feet then live on my knees" you really need to just keep ur silly ignorant comments to yourself, or if you really work for abf (which i doubt it), you should talk to your fellow teamsters at ur barn the way you do on tb.com come on rollin show them boys what the "new school teamsters" are all about. Or are you just a tb rambo, and ur probley that litltle bit?h that sits on the floor in ur truck at the truck stop and talks sh!t to everyone. Ur a discrace to the teamsters, i sure wish i ran into you one day, and we can have a manly talk. One teamster to another. Have a good day u flippin freeloader!!!!!!!!!!!
Im done with tb

Last edited by a moderator:

You are correct in saying it won by a majority, but it was a very slim majority... The company and the IBT has used intimidation to get this passed, installing fear, and that's the only reason it passed... To many members never even did any research, and only took the word of others...

This is a good job, and I am thankful I have it,but it sure isn't the best job I have had

It is up to ABC/ABF to determine if they want to cause a strike!!! But if they really are concerned about the customers, and stockholders, then they may want to try to work with us to get this contract ratified...

And the teamsters now are lazy??????? And its not my mvr that has a dent, its my criminal record, 14 years ago i got a hit on my record, so i guess im a "lifetime" criminal. And ur type, the "under the desk" driver, ur the new type of teamster i think ur talking about. Ya see at a union outfit ur senority gets u the cake work, u might get the cake work at conway with ur azz kissing, but that dont work at a union outfit, i dont know why im explaining this to you, becuz im sure u found that out the first week at abf. Hey rollin when you were in the T.M's office and you tried divin under his desk to "try and move ur way up", what was ur excuse when the T.M said "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?! I bet you said "oh my bad i thought we werepracticing for a tornado drill, wink wink hahaha

And the teamsters now are lazy??????? And its not my mvr that has a dent, its my criminal record, 14 years ago i got a hit on my record, so i guess im a "lifetime" criminal. And ur type, the "under the desk" driver, ur the new type of teamster i think ur talking about. Ya see at a union outfit ur senority gets u the cake work, u might get the cake work at conway with ur azz kissing, but that dont work at a union outfit, i dont know why im explaining this to you, becuz im sure u found that out the first week at abf. Hey rollin when you were in the T.M's office and you tried divin under his desk to "try and move ur way up", what was ur excuse when the T.M said "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?! I bet you said "oh my bad i thought we werepracticing for a tornado drill, wink wink hahaha

Your wasting your time with Trollin62, He don't work for ABF, AND IS JUST A TROLL!!!