ABF | ABF teamster survey being sent out!

SAC75

TB Veteran
Credits
aG781PG.jpg

Speak your mind on no givebacks! No PTS! No Red circle! And your opinion on pension issues! My opinion is go back to the old-NMFC and add on pay increases!
https://teamster.org/news/2017/08/abf-contract-survey-flier-members
P.S. NO GIVE BACK ON MEDICAL! VACATION REINSTATED! only reason this job is worth having to me!

Last edited:
aG781PG.jpg

Speak your mind on no givebacks! No PTS! No Red circle! And your opinion on pension issues! My opinion is go back to the old-NMFC and add on pay increases!
https://teamster.org/news/2017/08/abf-contract-survey-flier-members
If it's anything like the last survey we won't have any 'say' in it. It was all multiple choice between horrible, horrible and horrible. I sent mine in uncompleted with a note at the bottom telling that that it wasn't that I forgot to fill it out but rather there were no options that satisfied me.

If it's anything like the last survey we won't have any 'say' in it. It was all multiple choice between horrible, horrible and horrible. I sent mine in uncompleted with a note at the bottom telling that that it wasn't that I forgot to fill it out but rather there were no options that satisfied me.
I wrote all over mine too. I'm sure they threw it away. Had "no give backs!" written all over it!

Last edited:
Got my survey today. What a joke. Basically like the last one. What concessions do you want to give is the whole feeling of this survey! At least they give you a spot to write in a complaint on an issue. Very disappointed in the terrible representation we get here. So irritating.

Got my survey today. What a joke. Basically like the last one. What concessions do you want to give is the whole feeling of this survey! At least they give you a spot to write in a complaint on an issue. Very disappointed in the terrible representation we get here. So irritating.
Just in case anyone was left holding any hope for improvement this should polish it off.

The real question is, what do WE do when ABF throws $5 down on the table for 5 years and the Union grabs it all under the guise of pension and health and welfare ?? This contract, we let them walk away with it all.

The real question is, what do WE do when ABF throws $5 down on the table for 5 years and the Union grabs it all under the guise of pension and health and welfare ?? This contract, we let them walk away with it all.
I don't think there is a huge worry about that. The union doesn't get the money for one. Health and welfare goes to the insurance companies and have annual reports. Central States Pension Fund is out of the Teamsters hands. I don't know about the other pension funds so I'm not the one to ask about those. The Second is we do have the power to vote no if we feel it's a bad contract for any reason. The Hoffa administration has been in plenty of corruption trouble lately so you would think they would stay away from rocking the boat. Crazier things have happened though.

The Second is we do have the power to vote no if we feel it's a bad contract for any reason.
Hoffa has changed the IBT Constitution (as if it mattered anyway) to the effect that they can accept our contract on our behalf. That is exactly what they did to the UPS Small Package workers in KY in their last contract. The reality is that all we can do is sit and watch what they do to us.

Hoffa has changed the IBT Constitution (as if it mattered anyway) to the effect that they can accept our contract on our behalf. That is exactly what they did to the UPS Small Package workers in KY in their last contract. The reality is that all we can do is sit and watch what they do to us.

That is absolutely correct. The elephant in the room,.......My Local President was there when Hoffa/Hall proposed the change to the IBT Constitution. He was one of the very, very few officers to vote against it.

I had asked him at our monthly meeting in which he was reporting on this.......meeting,......whether this change in the Constitution was specific to the UPS contract. He informed the membership that the voted and accepted change applied to ALL negotiated contracts, and was not specific to UPS,......even though it was only Principal Officers whose members were involved with UPS contracts at that time, that got to vote and approve the Constitutional change.

The Executive Board of the IBT can now approve a contract, despite the affected employees voting AGAINST it,........if they feel that the contract is "in the member's best interests."

Yeah, right.......

I'm really shocked to find that I have to pay union dues to a union that doesn't ask what improvements we should seek,but what do i least want to lose. Beginning of the end it looks like. How will abf ever entice anyone to work here to replace an ageing workforce closing in on retirement age? Worst vacation plan in freight union or non,on call for god knows how long,basically no pension. Free insurance isn't enough to make up for all the other cheap you have to put up with.

I'm really shocked to find that I have to pay union dues to a union that doesn't ask what improvements we should seek,but what do i least want to lose. Beginning of the end it looks like.
I'm with you on that! The sun is on the western horizon for us with this union. The only way out would be to replace them and I don't see that happening. They're not only dragging us down they're doing it to the whole industry, as we sink so do the others.

What about the people out of the red circle, I pay my union dues and watch contract carriers go out the gate...while we on the bottom sit at home. I would not wish that any new hire. Free benefits with no paycheck or vacation .Most new hired do not know about the red circle until they work there for a while and watch ABF shalt them and work 2 or 3 days maybe per week and contract carriers running regular every week.

What about the people out of the red circle, I pay my union dues and watch contract carriers go out the gate...while we on the bottom sit at home. I would not wish that any new hire.
Nope, it is downright disheartening and a damn shame. I hope it gets better for you soon.