ABF | ABF teamster survey being sent out!

All brothers and sisters should be in the complete circle that pay union dues, no red circle!! this is a loop hole that benefited ABF.I hope the IBT addresses this issue and next contract book is wrote by the union and not the company. When I open the contract book.. It looks like a non -union company hand book. If Abf can spend money on all these other companies, panther and others.. No concessions..

Out of the roughly 7000 ABF employees who voted on the last contract,......about 800 more than half voted YES,..........with seven Supplements,......mine included,.....not getting enough votes to ratify, thereby holding up the contract until those Supplements re-voted,.........and got a minor bone thrown to them,...in being allowed to split up an extra weeks' vacation into single days,.......Whoopee......

ABF was able to terrorize a little more than half of the employees with the fantasy rumor of a potential buyout of ABF by.....YRC!

This marks the first time that I can remember that ABF used trickery and deceit ,....instead of honest negotiations,.....to sway a contractual vote.

This "tactic" worked so well that ABF management celebrated by building new corporate headquarters for ArcBest and Panther,.....among other expenditures that went to management,....out of the touch-labor employees' pockets........

I would imagine they will try a similar trick since it worked so well. It should be easier because of replacement of retiring employees with new-hires not familiar with ABF,...or freight,....or the NMFA,.....or the Teamsters,.....

It's up to the stewards to educate EVERY employee they represent,.......Don't rely on the IBT,..........

I know as a steward in the last contract, I failed with at least two of the guys I represented...........In the end, they were so terrorized of being "YRC'ed" and potentially out of work,.....that they would've willingly gave up all of their vacation........."Please, Boss? Can I come to work for you today?"

Meanwhile,.........back at the golf course,.........Tyson and Gordon were teeing up.........

Hoffa has changed the IBT Constitution (as if it mattered anyway) to the effect that they can accept our contract on our behalf. That is exactly what they did to the UPS Small Package workers in KY in their last contract. The reality is that all we can do is sit and watch what they do to us.
Why not start a walk out strike on your own? The sooner the better before you lose more bargaining power. Get the word out about it without using the union and just bypass the company agent known as Hoffa

Why not start a walk out strike on your own? The sooner the better before you lose more bargaining power. Get the word out about it without using the union and just bypass the company agent known as Hoffa
If you can't offer something that even remotely resembles contributory discussion why don't you go elsewhere! We don't need your ignorant comments.

Careful! Anyone who promotes a wildcat strike is subject to all kinds of sanctions, including firing and potential civil court penalties. Almost impossible to get your job back under those circumstances. You MUST follow collective bargaining principles that eventually lead to a SANCTIONED strike,.......either by the Teamsters, or by legal grounds promoted by the NLRB.

DO NOT attempt the ol' "Th' Hell wit' 'em....I'm walking!"..............Plays right in their hands,.....and you're gone in a flash.......

Careful! Anyone who promotes a wildcat strike is subject to all kinds of sanctions, including firing and potential civil court penalties. Almost impossible to get your job back under those circumstances. You MUST follow collective bargaining principles that eventually lead to a SANCTIONED strike,.......either by the Teamsters, or by legal grounds promoted by the NLRB.

DO NOT attempt the ol' "Th' Hell wit' 'em....I'm walking!"..............Plays right in their hands,.....and you're gone in a flash.......
I theen he knows that!

Quite a few Locals have good leadership,.....some have excellent,........some have non-existent. The biggest problem is the national "leadership", which in the case of the last contract with Tweedle-Tyson and Tweedle-Gordon was pure unbridled incompetence and indifference.....

Anytime a "rumor" starts during negotiations that could have an effect on the outcome of said negotiations....i.e.:YRC wants to buy ABF.....The IBT negotiators have full authority to bring the negotiations to a complete grinding halt....until the alleged "rumor" is proven true or false.....

Just imagine how frantic ABF upper management would've been if Johnson/Sweeton had chosen that option and put their collective foot on the brake and made a public inquiry as to the legitimacy of the rumor.......

I'll bet we would still have our vacations,....no "red circle",......and a hefty pay raise......

Not sure why you tossed it in the trash. Took the survey, and told them restore vac, maintain health and wefare, need pay raise.. And I sure as hell hope you're not one of the non voters from last time. Anybody who throws their vote in the trash, should be kicked out of the union. Yes it's not what it used to be, why nobody gave a damn and let it get to where it is now. Time to stand up, and take it back

Not sure why you tossed it in the trash. Took the survey, and told them restore vac, maintain health and wefare, need pay raise.. And I sure as hell hope you're not one of the non voters from last time. Anybody who throws their vote in the trash, should be kicked out of the union. Yes it's not what it used to be, why nobody gave a damn and let it get to where it is now. Time to stand up, and take it back
Let's review: it wasn't a BALLOT I tossed in the trash, it was the online survey request, which I did already. Taking it again seemed redundant, as my opinions and answers would not have changed from the last one. And I did vote on the last contract. NO both times.

Amen Brother!

Let's review: it wasn't a BALLOT I tossed in the trash, it was the online survey request, which I did already. Taking it again seemed redundant, as my opinions and answers would not have changed from the last one. And I did vote on the last contract. NO both times.
First I don't want to get into a pissing contest. I didn't say it was a ballot, I didn't say you didn't vote. I said I hoped you where not one of the a-holes who couldn't even make a check mark and return a prepaid envelope. Now that being said, I still feel, Had you taken the survey, at the end there was a spot to leave a comet, to which I and I hope everyone who took it , let them know what we really want. Same when the local white paper surveys come out , everybody do the same. Will it help, who knows, but throwing things away and doing nothing we sure as hell know that doesn't. I not only blame the yes voters( for whatever reason) and the, I'll just let the rest decide my fate non voters, for the spot we're in.

First I don't want to get into a pissing contest. I didn't say it was a ballot, I didn't say you didn't vote. I said I hoped you where not one of the a-holes who couldn't even make a check mark and return a prepaid envelope. Now that being said, I still feel, Had you taken the survey, at the end there was a spot to leave a comet, to which I and I hope everyone who took it , let them know what we really want. Same when the local white paper surveys come out , everybody do the same. Will it help, who knows, but throwing things away and doing nothing we sure as hell know that doesn't. I not only blame the yes voters( for whatever reason) and the, I'll just let the rest decide my fate non voters, for the spot we're in.
My comments at the bottom of the survey were pretty much the same as yours...restore vacations, keep pension/H&W contributions, and include a decent wage increase. This next contract is gonna be a wild one. Brace for impact.