ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

Why is it so hard for to be man?

LOL you are so bull headed you can't see no matter what. Stoney I did not lie I said you made a reference to another member about his post, but as usual you take things way to far, and you choose not to accept that, not my problem

Actually, Stoney....do you really think 7500 Teamsters will end up on the unemployment line? That kind of kills the goose that lays the Golden Egg for ABC corp. A strike would involve replacement workers.....I don't see an undiscovered pool of qualified drivers on hand to go in a moments' notice.....neither Panther or Albert Moving and Storage are big enough....even together...to pick up one tenth of ABF's business....slow as we are. A lockout would involve many lawsuits, no replacement workers, .....and an abject failure of ABF to move a pound of freight. I don't think the shareholders would stand for either scenario. If that's the case.....sooner or later....through negotiation...WE will get what we want. I really don't see where you think 7500 Teamsters would be on an unemployment line.......( a picket line, maybe.....for all of 24 hours,...if that...)........unless ALL of top management has a brain aeunerism all at once. What's your rationale for thinking that way?

Actually, Stoney....do you really think 7500 Teamsters will end up on the unemployment line? That kind of kills the goose that lays the Golden Egg for ABC corp. A strike would involve replacement workers.....I don't see an undiscovered pool of qualified drivers on hand to go in a moments' notice.....neither Panther or Albert Moving and Storage are big enough....even together...to pick up one tenth of ABF's business....slow as we are. A lockout would involve many lawsuits, no replacement workers, .....and an abject failure of ABF to move a pound of freight. I don't think the shareholders would stand for either scenario. If that's the case.....sooner or later....through negotiation...WE will get what we want. I really don't see where you think 7500 Teamsters would be on an unemployment line.......( a picket line, maybe.....for all of 24 hours,...if that...)........unless ALL of top management has a brain aeunerism all at once. What's your rationale for thinking that way?

You just hit one out of the park with this post. No way in he** our Union leaders would advocate something like this. But I would. Judy & company have way too much to lose by going that route. Maybe in 1 or 3 years they might pull it off, but by then the economy has recovered & we are all complaining about to much overtime. But you have to remember this is Stoney’s thoughts. Come to think of it, he reminds me of a shill working for the house in Reno, he does not care if he wins or loses. He is guaranteed his pay.

With UPS freight workers getting raises and increased nonwage compensation through their whole 5 year contract, does anyone really believe ABC is going to get a pay cut? I did not join the teamsters to end up being the lowest paid worker in the industry. As a road driver here are some of things I give up; a schedule that would allow me to spend time with my family; working in a safe and nonviolent work environment (road rage); being able to work in an office that does not allow smoking (killing me with second hand smoke); the stress of being sued if I make a mistake (hypertension), or someone claims I made a mistake. Just a few thoughts on why we will not take a wage and compensation reduction.

With UPS freight workers getting raises and increased nonwage compensation through their whole 5 year contract, does anyone really believe ABC is going to get a pay cut? I did not join the teamsters to end up being the lowest paid worker in the industry. As a road driver here are some of things I give up; a schedule that would allow me to spend time with my family; working in a safe and nonviolent work environment (road rage); being able to work in an office that does not allow smoking (killing me with second hand smoke); the stress of being sued if I make a mistake (hypertension), or someone claims I made a mistake. Just a few thoughts on why we will not take a wage and compensation reduction.

Yes! Thank you couldn't agree more.

GO you brought up the fact that UPS added LNG tractors to there fleet, the VERY important fact that you left out was that it was done with taxpayer money
And it wasent 1000 tractors, and ups also said it would love to buy alot more of them, but the cost of one is equal to the cost of 2 deisel tractors, and if they were to continue to buy more then the taxpayers would have to keep buying them.

No I don't. That's the lie Papa is spreading that I said. I never said that. I do believe some may end up laidoff if the right contract isn't reached.

You said and implied it, you said a whole of a lot more then that, you can't tell the truth if you're life depended on it

You said and implied it, you said a whole of a lot more then that, you can't tell the truth if you're life depended on it

Here we go again. Another member said he would rather ABF go under then give a concession. I asked "he would rather see 7500 unemployed, making 0% rather than 85%?".

How the hell is that me implying 7500 will be unemployed if ABF doesn't get the contract they need?

Sorry I didn't mean to tie up this thread trying to ignore a drama queen when he lies, I am going to try a again to not interrupt this thread sorry again

It's selfish, lying punks like you killing this union. It's truly sad when a so called union brother will tell bold face lies about Teamster.

So either you're a liar or just brain dead, and are unable to read a post in context.